Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett

I felt the same way at the time and wasn't really a huge fan of either look (as they kept reminding me of some overweight Boba Fett cosplayer), but the look has slowy started to grow on me and it does seem to make for a pretty cool and unique figure.

Plus the gaffi stick should give us lots more fun posing options than we get with the usual blasters.

Hmm, that's a good point - I forgot about the gaffi stick.

Pretty much anything to do with his armor. So Cobb Vanth? Yes. Daniel Logan? Hell no, lol.

As far as your wedding tux analogy it is valid and I too didn't initially know what to make of Morrison's take in the RR episode but now I love everything about it. I even think the fact that he can slaughter an entire platoon while being out of top shape and wearing a bathrobe actually makes him *more* badass to me.

You might just be right. But is this any less scorn-worthy than people who own twenty Iron Man variants? I think not. We like what we like.

IMO the post-sarlacc armor is a masterful piece of costume design - as are many of the costumes on this show.

Oh, pfffffft. Koska amused him, he let her get away with that. My Koska will be chained to his throne-plinth :wink1:

Those are both fair points. Perhaps I was being hasty limiting myself to one Boba Fett, and after reading about Gina Carano a reserved shelf space has suddenly been made available. :lol

IMO he still looked pretty ridiculous in his hastily thrown on armor - sort of reminiscent of an overweight, middle-aged guy trying to squeeze into his wedding tux from 25 years ago.

I agree. But I do want one Fett from Mando, and I prefer one that is connected to the OT over the newly painted cosplay version.

I actually only have two Fetts -- ESB and ROTJ -- so this is a nice Book end.

I thought this figure was done years back.....

unnamed.jpg

I think I'll wait for the repainted version. I already have ESB Fett for the classic weathered armor, and if I'm going to have two Fett figures I'd prefer them to be as distinct as possible.

I'll wait for the painted armor. My guess is this will be a bare bones release to take advantage of the hype and get a quick ROI. Hopefully a painted armor/unmasked version and Fennec Shand will be solicited to coincide wiith "The Book of Boba Fett."

That's what I'm assuming. This'll be the bare bones post-Sarlacc release and we'll get the re-painted version with the Throne chair as a deluxe later this summer.

There's enough differences with his upper flightsuit and ammo belt between both versions that I don't think they'll try to make this a deluxe set with both versions. The good news is this should provide an "easy" Cobb Vanth figure down the road too.

I'm going to wait for the repaint version. The headsculpt might come with the non-armoured version. HT knows how to make money.

To be honest, I think the whole Boba "looking fat" thing is more due to the robes underneath adding bulkiness to the chest armor. Same with the "Desert Nomad Boba" look. The bulk and looseness of the robes is making him look thicker than he actually is. At least, it seems that way to me.

To be honest, I think the whole Boba "looking fat" thing is more due to the robes underneath adding bulkiness to the chest armor. Same with the "Desert Nomad Boba" look. The bulk and looseness of the robes is making him look thicker than he actually is. At least, it seems that way to me.

Watch Hot Toys suddenly get stingy on fat-suits with the one figure that figure that actually needs it:lol

I agree with you. Temuera just has a barrel chest. He's just built pretty thicc.

I agree with you. Temuera just has a barrel chest. He's just built pretty thicc.

Yes TM's barrel chest combined with his shorter stature (5'7" compared to Bulloch's lanky 6' frame) will just inevitably give him a different look than his OT counterpart. It bugged me at first but I'm just accepting it as a different Fett for a different era that is valid enough in its own right since I'm otherwise so entertained by his current portrayal.

Want. I hope the armour is removable as well. A nomad fett with the armour displayed seoerwtely would be sick. And a clean repainted one. Damn. Hot toys have me again.

Those are both fair points. Perhaps I was being hasty limiting myself to one Boba Fett, and after reading about Gina Carano a reserved shelf space has suddenly been made available. :lol[/QUOTE]

haha omg, I was drinking water while reading this part--I know I shouldn't laugh, but I almost literally spit all over my keyboard haha--quote of the day!:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

When people finally see the full pictures and the detailing in the weathering on this one, I think Fett fans will be hard pressed to pass on this for the repainted armor set.

Battle damaged Fett > clean Fett

Always

When people finally see the full pictures and the detailing in the weathering on this one, I think Fett fans will be hard pressed to pass on this for the repainted armor set.

Always

Fett fans will get both, also the unarmored version lol.

HT might do the repaint version under BoBF show.

Always

Clean Fett > Battle Damaged Fett

Always.

Fett fans will get both, also the unarmored version lol.

HT might do the repaint version under BoBF show.

Top part is absolutely true but I doubt the bottom part is, as there's cosmetic changes to his costume for the actual show:wink1:

I'm definitely eager to see how this turns out and might be tempted depending on what the whole package includes.

Back