Hot Toys - THOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know- but THOR has always been portrayed as being even more bulked-up than Conan. He's supposed to be a bass-ass viking deity, not a pretty-boy with sexy 5 o'clock shadow.
Still, I'm confident the movie will be enjoyable.

Yes, but Thor is being played by a real person and not a cartoon character so...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~Arthur C. Clarke

As a Stargate fan, I am more than willing to accept that a Norse god is actually an alien.

Yes, and under that big blonde exterior is a short gray alien with big oval eyes that fight off small spider-like machines that are able to create more of themselves in their own image.

Not that I'm bashing the series though, I thoroughly enjoyed it, just annoyed with the fact that it got canceled when it was starting to get more interesting again.

I like the choice of actor and angle they're taking with Thor. He looks a little different weight wise to say whats in Ultimate Thor thats 3 issues in but thats ok.

I hope that ultimate thor series turns into its own full time series it would be awesome.

High Resolution

79812036.jpg

It looks really cool, a bit bigger and this is perfect !
To bad they didn't glue a piece of fabric on his right hand instead of this plastic thougt

It doesn't look like the helmet will fit on the head sculpt. Do you think they are going to have a change out hair style, so the hemet can go on the head sculpt or is this the only option to pose the fig with the helmet on the side?

i truly hope it fits because i would definatly want to see his hair coming from underneath the helmet.

Thor is a god, he doesn't need to actually be super muscular to be insanely strong. If Hemsworth wants to keep building muscle, it'd be great, but I think he looks fine as he is.

I agree. Also, theAvengers movie is in the same time period as the Thor movie, so the notion of an immortal god aging and growing hair and muscles over a couple of months is unlikely.

Yeah I know- but THOR has always been portrayed as being even more bulked-up than Conan. He's supposed to be a bass-ass viking deity, not a pretty-boy with sexy 5 o'clock shadow.
Still, I'm confident the movie will be enjoyable.

This isn't a comic book. It's a comic book adaptation. I'm fine with what we've seen so far, and in a lot of ways, the Kirby and Simonson influences are quite visible in the images we've seen so far.

He does seem skinny. I know in real life he's tall though.

He looks sort of out of context, just like a pretty boy by himself. I'm sure when he's towering over other figures it will help the Norse God effect.

Right now I know nothing about the character so this will come down to if the movie is good or not for me.

He does seem skinny. I know in real life he's tall though.

He looks sort of out of context, just like a pretty boy by himself. I'm sure when he's towering over other figures it will help the Norse God effect.

Right now I know nothing about the character so this will come down to if the movie is good or not for me.

How can it be you know nothing about Thor :tap

His parents were very wealthy so they bought him a hammer that shoots lightning, he witnessed them murdered in a dark alley.

He grew up, never went to middle or high school and vowed to strike fear in the hearts of criminals by driving a black tank.

He enjoys saying......."I'm.......Thor!"

Last edited:
Assuming hot toys treats this license similar to iron man, which figures do you expect to see? Thor, Loki, Odin...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back