Hot Toys - THOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair length is accurate to Hemsworths in the movie.
I just wish he grew it down to his shoulders like the comic.

Grew it? I'm pretty sure its a wig. This year alone, I've worked on three films that had actors in wigs, and I didn't even notice half of them for weeks! A good wig looks very real... That said, it was a creative choice to make Thor's hair that short. I'm guessing they wanted more of an Ultimate look.

dang i gotta admit this looks amazing!!! i have never bought a hot toys figure, will the likeness be this awesome do ya think when he launches?

This looks like it'll only come with a couple of hands. I'm hoping that the price is nice and low like Spidey's.

I want them to add an extra left hand so he can hold the hammer with 2 hands , you know.

but if they dont i guess it will be easy to find a spare grip somewhere

I think they decided to make his hair shorter in the THOR movie, so that later on in the Avengers and beyond they can show it grown longer. Maybe they'll beef him up a bit more too, to give us the more 'aged and mature' Thor later.
Just my theory.

Grew it? I'm pretty sure its a wig. This year alone, I've worked on three films that had actors in wigs, and I didn't even notice half of them for weeks! A good wig looks very real... That said, it was a creative choice to make Thor's hair that short. I'm guessing they wanted more of an Ultimate look.

:horror
Pretty good looking wigs.
How about Jackman in the last Wolverine flick and VanHelsing?
He's got a pretty good head of hair.
Hopefully Hemsworth will keep hitting the weights, Thor needs to be crazy big.
He needs to look like he can go toe to toe with the Hulk.
I'd like to see him pull that hammer to the face move on the Hulk that they show in the trailer.:rock

:horror
Pretty good looking wigs.
How about Jackman in the last Wolverine flick and VanHelsing?
He's got a pretty good head of hair.
Hopefully Hemsworth will keep hitting the weights, Thor needs to be crazy big.
He needs to look like he can go toe to toe with the Hulk.
I'd like to see him pull that hammer to the face move on the Hulk that they show in the trailer.:rock

To me, Stan Lee's vision is canon and he intended Thor to be stronger than the Hulk. I don't care about the fanboy wet dreams that make the Hulk ultimately strong. The original concept is the best including Captain America's fervent Americanism. I will place my figures on a shelf and continue reading the comics from the time when they were really good.

Thor is a god, he doesn't need to actually be super muscular to be insanely strong. If Hemsworth wants to keep building muscle, it'd be great, but I think he looks fine as he is.

Thor is a god, he doesn't need to actually be super muscular to be insanely strong. If Hemsworth wants to keep building muscle, it'd be great, but I think he looks fine as he is.

Didnt you get the memo?
He's just an alien now, you know, like Mr.Spock.
:dunno

Last edited:
Didnt you get the memo?
He's just an alien now.
:dunno

Same ____....

if real aliens were to land on our planet at this very moment, humans would immediately stop calling them aliens and they would instantly by looked upon as GODS.

Aliens terminology would then just be used for immigrants and the James Carmeron sequel :lol

Last edited:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~Arthur C. Clarke

As a Stargate fan, I am more than willing to accept that a Norse god is actually an alien.

Yeah I know- but THOR has always been portrayed as being even more bulked-up than Conan. He's supposed to be a bass-ass viking deity, not a pretty-boy with sexy 5 o'clock shadow.
Still, I'm confident the movie will be enjoyable.

I havent seen Hemsworth in anything other than Star trek, so hopefully he can act. They could have used a huge wrestler or something who cant act at all and make the movie really sucky. I still think they could have used more mass to Thor, especially as Thor and are they going to make him change like Blake? I would assume not, which is kind of strange because if Thor actually hit people like he does in the trailer they would be destroyed. Will be interesting to see how they do it.

I would really like to see the figure with the helmet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back