Hot Toys: Thor - Thor Love and Thunder 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gold is....
giphy-5.gif

But I'm looking forward to seeing HT's reforged mjolnir. After the light effects on EG Thor's hammer, the light shining through the cracks on this one will be awesome.
20220624_121655.jpg

4230E922-A467-44B2-859D-0BBC2FD4DCAE.jpeg

Ironically, this version kinda looks like the “Fake Thor” in Ragnarok, played by Chris’ brother Luke.

I might wait on the Roadworn/Chinchilla Collar Thor and call it my “comics style” Thor to go with the SooSoo Classic Trickster…which is currently somewhere in Berlin 😬.

Seeing as how this versions has the two head sculpts. Do we think for Jane they are gonna do two separate head sculpts? Or do you think they will do like gold wonder woman and give us rooted hair and the helmet just goes on top of the head? I know they love to give molded hair on females recently. Seems if based on the price point for this deluxe Thor we should expect $345 for a deluxe Mighty Thor figure.

View attachment 585194
Ironically, this version kinda looks like the “Fake Thor” in Ragnarok, played by Chris’ brother Luke.

I might wait on the Roadworn/Chinchilla Collar Thor and call it my “comics style” Thor to go with the SooSoo Classic Trickster…which is currently somewhere in Berlin 😬.

I want a Sam Neill Odin more than this version of Thor lol…

Seems 345$ is a new standard lol everything costs 345 nowadays. For someone who always wanted a fancy Thor figure this one is perfect, so I'm preordering. I do't really care how bad or how good movie is, I collect figures bc of characters. I hope they'll do Starlord.

The more figures I see the less impressive they seem. Is it just me? Am I burned out on expensive pop culture merchandise? Is HT putting in less effort? Is it just the awfully boring MCU designs that make for underwhelming figures filled with pleather? I don't know. Probably a mixture of all of them. The prices are rising, but the quality...

That gif can be applied to the price tag as well. Absolutely ridiculous for a re-use sculpt from the better part of a decade ago.
And that's a big part of why I am out of the game with Hot Toys. They keep jacking up the price incrementally. $275 base 6 month's ago, $285 3 months ago, now $305? GTFO with that crap.
I bought Moon Knight because, dammit, he's been in my top five since I read the Round Robin crossover back in middle school. But that's it. I can't justify this kind of cost anymore.

Thank God Exo6 is still keeping it reasonably priced.

The more figures I see the less impressive they seem. Is it just me? Am I burned out on expensive pop culture merchandise? Is HT putting in less effort? Is it just the awfully boring MCU designs that make for underwhelming figures filled with pleather? I don't know. Probably a mixture of all of them. The prices are rising, but the quality...
Probably has to do with them reusing sculpts and arms from a 7 year old figure while charging $350 for it.

Good joke Hot Toys. Onto the next.

Trust me, it's not just you. Hot Toys thinks if they throw some squiggly plastic on a figure that makes it worth the price (That goes for you too, Electro!). They're like "Oh, but the hammer lights up too!" Yeah, well who gives a crap? I'm not gonna tell my friends when they come by, "Hey, hold on for half an hour while I open up my cabinets and futz with the lights on all these figures. Oh wait, make that an hour because the batteries died in sone of them."
Said no one ever.

I've been collecting Hot Toys for almost 12 years now and I was particularly drawn in by the amazing head sculpts and incredible engineering. Hot Toys made some great strides and significant improvements up until around Age of Ultron or so and I feel they've kind of stagnated from there. Years ago, nothing compared to Hot Toys quality, but now you've got statue manufacturers (some of whom now employ some of the better sculptor that worked for Hot Toys in the past) producing higher quality products. Hot Toys is less impressive because there's better stuff out there now.

Figure is set to be released in 2024 so they have so much time for upgrades? Too much wishful thinking from my side recently lol
I had a same thought about Snyder Cut Superman and they left me with a recycled BvS headsculpt for the third time lol so Idk any more. I preordered only bc wanted a Thor figure,don't have any. If I had previous ones I probably wouldn't, also love the new suit.

photos from Jedha Patrol video,looks good to me
2022-06-25 (9).png

2022-06-25 (8).png
2022-06-25 (7).png
2022-06-25 (5).png

Last edited:
Because it's probably not true.

Someone pointed out that he previously said that the sculpt was an updated one but then deleted his comment on Instagram. It's updated in the sense that they added a little baby scar by his eye and it has "new paint".

bz9ZTy7.png
3Lwbt10.png
It's a new sculpt. You can see the difference not just in the scar but what's sad is they used the AOU, Road Worn sculpt as a template to make it which is lazy because they should have done it from scartch then to use an existing sculpt as a template. I wonder if they'll use it again for ravager Thor or his Fur collar cape look. I really hope not

Figure is set to be released in 2024 so they have so much time for upgrades? Too much wishful thinking from my side recently lol
I had a same thought about Snyder Cut Superman and they left me with a recycled BvS headsculpt for the third time lol so Idk any more. I preordered only bc wanted a Thor figure,don't have any. If I had previous ones I probably wouldn't, also love the new suit.

photos from Jedha Patrol video,looks good to me
View attachment 585236
View attachment 585235View attachment 585234View attachment 585233
Yup it's a new sculpt but again using AOU template for the expression and face structure which I imagine is a bit cheaper for them but still lazy. If I get this in hand I'll be satisfied either way.

Yup it's a new sculpt but again using AOU template for the expression and face structure which I imagine is a bit cheaper for them but still lazy. If I get this in hand I'll be satisfied either way.
I don't have any Thor figures so doesn't really matter for me,but I can see recycled and slightly modified sculpt yea, which is truly lazy especially for the price. I'm sure Thor collectors would be happier with the brand new sculpt and overall sales would be better. Friend on IG told me that there is another one coming, I don't know if its true tho.

I stand by my comment or I wouldn't post it.

We shall see.
A week ago I saw some really strong critical acclaim that Gorr was one of the best marvel villains. And then today I saw the feedback from test audiences saying overall it's one of the best marvel movies ever made. Sounds a little overblown?

Of course, obviously you don't allow people to go around saying the movie is **** before it releases otherwise you kill the hype train on your big cash cow film series, but it sounds promising at least.

I mean, it'll be tough to overcome the legendary cinema masterpiece of Morbius, but being a huge Thor fan I'm pretty hyped that it will be good at a minimum, and maybe one of my favorites at best.

I just really want them to go big on the lineup of figures from the movie...

Last edited:
Seeing as how this versions has the two head sculpts. Do we think for Jane they are gonna do two separate head sculpts? Or do you think they will do like gold wonder woman and give us rooted hair and the helmet just goes on top of the head? I know they love to give molded hair on females recently. Seems if based on the price point for this deluxe Thor we should expect $345 for a deluxe Mighty Thor figure.
I don’t think you can just throw the helmet on the top of a Jane portrait because it covers like 70% of her face at least. It’s not Wonder Woman or Loki, it literally goes over her eyes and nose. I think that needs another head. Throw in the new female body/arms they’ll have to make and you have more than enough reason for 345 in 2022.

The critical response on Twitter feels much stronger here than Multiverse of Madness. You could feel the divisiveness in the air with that one. I’m going to choose to be more hopeful and think that the reason they’re releasing him early is because we’re going to get MULTIPLE figures from this movie. Fur coat Thor is just a requirement.

Last edited:
I don’t get the obsession with the furry armour. It’s fine and all but it’s very generic viking attire, at least the blue and gold is something vibrant and different. This figure would pop crazy on a shelf.

Back