Hot Toys: Thor - Thor Love and Thunder 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor has always been my favorite character since I was a kid. I will end up replacing my Dark World (heavy armor)version with this.

However I’m having a hard time with so much gold in the figure so I will probably just get the standard version. Also, I still find the helmet to be a bit gaudy and it looks like those lightning details are permanently affixed to the eye area of the helmeted sculpt. If I can’t take those off I don’t think I want him to have that helmet on bk IMO those type of effects look awesome when you turn the lights in the figures on, but when their lights are off those effects don’t look that great.

It is possible that the whole gold thing and the helmet will grow on me after I see the movie but as of now I like the standard version with the bare arms better. Also for some reason the bare arms look bigger (more muscular) than the Golden armored arms, I’m not sure if that is just my eyes playing tricks.

Finally I do wish they would have made him taller than 32cm. I know that scales properly to about 6ft4 but bk they have made Iron Man too tall it feels weird for me to see Thor figures shorter than or the same size as Iron Man. I realize that may be too much of a nit-pick but stuff like that does irritate me a bit …even if it is irrational 😁

Last edited:
Also, I still find the helmet to be a bit gaudy and it looks like those lightning details are always on the eyes of helmeted sculpt. If I can’t take those off I don’t think I want him to have that helmet on bk IMO those type of effects look awesome when you turn the lights in the figures on, but when their lights are off those effects don’t look that great.
I really like this Thor design, but the lightning effect not being removable from the helmet is the one thing keeping me from POing.

I mute his videos and pinch screenshots. His Peacemaker apologist video was the last shred of credibility.

He's been bodysnatched by Hot Toys.

That too was my last straw. Though it wasn't so much the standalone Peacemaker video, it was that Live figure collector chat that he did that week which had me shaking my head.

I mute his videos and pinch screenshots. His Peacemaker apologist video was the last shred of credibility.

He's been bodysnatched by Hot Toys.
Lol - I guess when a figure sucks, yet you're buying it anyways....you have to justify it.

My system = just don't buy it...but complain about it first so MAYBE the powers that be see it and make changes.

Lol - I guess when a figure sucks, yet you're buying it anyways....you have to justify it.

My system = just don't buy it...but complain about it first so MAYBE the powers that be see it and make changes.

All he had to say was that the head sculpt was disappointing, but everything else 'maybe' makes up for it. But instead he stretches believability beyond all recognition.

The gold sleeve look with the helmet is badass, the deluxe or nothing on this one.
The pleather is a bit worrying though.

Also, nitpick here, but can we get the thread title updated to specify that this is to discuss the Hot Toys?

Got you fam.

Also, of course Toys Wonderland's marketing guy isn't gonna be too critical of a product they're gonna be selling.

What's the best place to order this in Australia given the battery laws? I'd hate to miss out

Some HTs don't always get put up for PO over at OSK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think aside from the new Wanda, none of the MoM Stranges were put up.
any other places would you suggest to order except for Toy Wonda?

The helmet just looks goofy. Maybe that’s part of the appeal but I’m not a fan of that look really. Otherwise the costume looks alright and the film looks good. Probably won’t get the figure though.

any other places would you suggest to order except for Toy Wonda?
It depends on where you are. ToysWonderland has raised the shipping quite a bit recently. Being in Europe I buy local from DarkSide, because even though the tax is included, at least I save on shipping and my packages get dispatched from a nearby warehouse. There are the usual places like BigBadToyStore and Sideshow. There's TNS too. I'm not the best guy for this, maybe someone else has better ideas. I've only ordered through BBTS, OSK, Sideshow, PopCultcha, ToysWonderland and DarkSide. Big Chief too, but unless you're in the UK there's no reason to order from there with the tax/pound differences.

I'd wait a bit and see if Kit puts it up.

It depends on where you are. ToysWonderland has raised the shipping quite a bit recently. Being in Europe I buy local from DarkSide, because even though the tax is included, at least I save on shipping and my packages get dispatched from a nearby warehouse. There are the usual places like BigBadToyStore and Sideshow. There's TNS too. I'm not the best guy for this, maybe someone else has better ideas. I've only ordered through BBTS, OSK, Sideshow, PopCultcha, ToysWonderland and DarkSide. Big Chief too, but unless you're in the UK there's no reason to order from there with the tax/pound differences.

I'd wait a bit and see if Kit puts it up.

Oh I was just looking for other HK retailers, don't want to deal with the big guys

What's the best place to order this in Australia given the battery laws? I'd hate to miss out
You'd think by the time this releases, some changes may be amended in the laws. We can hope, anyway.
(I'm basing this on the fact that Popcultcha is still taking pre-orders for items with light-up options)

That too was my last straw. Though it wasn't so much the standalone Peacemaker video, it was that Live figure collector chat that he did that week which had me shaking my head.
Yea i mentioned in the comments of his Thor vid how I thought the sculpt was lazy even tho he was oddly praising it. He asked me if I could do better lol. I mean hey if you like you like it I guess😂

Back