1/6 Hot Toys - The Rise of Skywalker - First Order Elite Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original sells for less than half. Will this release? Let's see if Hot Toys/Disney have completely lost their minds...

Stuff like this is what should be convention exclusives. I don't feel any hate towards it but I also agree anything more than what people can get Snowtroopers right now for, would be a bonehead business decision.

Stuff like this is what should be convention exclusives. I don't feel any hate towards it but I also agree anything more than what people can get Snowtroopers right now for, would be a bonehead business decision.

The thing I dislike about it is that Star Wars is only going to get a certain amount of Hot Toys figures made. I see this Snowtrooper and that Red Sith thing, then I recall prototypes like the Death Star Trooper, Sandtrooper Sergeant, etc. I know it's not as simple as we would have gotten Figure A if we didn't get Figure B. But it has to at least be a factor.

So....TFA Snowtrooper.....with cape. Design aside, wonder what HT was thinking here as far as a pick for a figure. I'm guessing it was an easy proto to throw together that will never get released, because it makes no sense to list this for 200+ when you can easily grab a TFA snowie for like 100 bucks.

Glad they finally showed Mando. Def grabbing him. Hoping they show new Rey/Kylo and some KOR

The cape is cool, I?ll probably take a mandalorian figure. But I wanna see the real figures they?re making. Knights of Ren, Poe, Finn, Rey, Kylo, Leia? The big ones. This is cool but I?d rather have the big players

The thing I dislike about it is that Star Wars is only going to get a certain amount of Hot Toys figures made. I see this Snowtrooper and that Red Sith thing, then I recall prototypes like the Death Star Trooper, Sandtrooper Sergeant, etc. I know it's not as simple as we would have gotten Figure A if we didn't get Figure B. But it has to at least be a factor.

You need to realize that not every collector shares your opinion. Some like me have no interest in the sandtrooper or star trooper. I can't wait to get the sith trooper. Hot Toys are not in business just to cater to what you think they should release.

You need to realize that not every collector shares your opinion. Some like me have no interest in the sandtrooper or star trooper. I can't wait to get the sith trooper. Hot Toys are not in business just to cater to what you think they should release.

Congratulations on your differing opinion. But the vast majority of Star Wars fans who actually spend meaningful amounts of money on collectables want OT stuff.

A Sith Trooper with a pauldron would've been more interesting than this, but I won't complain too much since didn't expect to get The Mandelorian stuff yet.

Congratulations on your differing opinion. But the vast majority of Star Wars fans who actually spend meaningful amounts of money on collectables want OT stuff.

Even if you are right you shouldn't come in the thread of sequels figures to express anger that are releasing sequel figures instead of what you want.

The Sith Jet Trooper should've been a logical second figure for the movie to go with the Sith Trooper. But this didn't really cost them anything to put together and display I suppose. Not really something that gets people excited about a product line, but I'm sure we'll see more after TFF or closer to the movie.

I think HT can probably sense there's not much buzz out there right now for the movie, and are holding off on previewing the main figures until later (which I say as someone who's a big fan of the ST).

The Sith Jet Trooper should've been a logical second figure for the movie to go with the Sith Trooper. But this didn't really cost them anything to put together and display I suppose. Not really something that gets people excited about a product line, but I'm sure we'll see more after TFF or closer to the movie.

The Jet trooper will complete the main trooper types for the FO (as far as we know). HT never completed all the main trooper types for any series/lines yet. OT missing Scout; RO missing Tank.

How does Disney create "Elite" versions of troopers??? They add a cape... :slap

50% NRD for this guy... :rotfl

Yeah, this has got to be one of the strangest ideas for a figure ever - take a fig that has sat around for years (I've seen this figure as low as around $100,) put a cape on it and re-release it. They should just send out capes to the retailers who still have the original fig sitting around from 2016.

Maybe it's a snarky cynical move by HT to placate Disney - releasing a TROS figure without having to actually make one.:dunno Just seems odd when they have a Poe pilot fig ready to go (my guess is Poe isn't in the pilot outfit in TROS so it's dead figure - TLJ was the movie it should have come out around.)

Where are these mentioned as Elite? Nameplate says just snowtrooper.

Back