1/6 Hot Toys - The Rise of Skywalker - First Order Elite Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heon123

Super Freak
Reaction score
71083488_2398835256904071_6096789781289631744_n.jpg

Here we go...

Efficient utilization of deteriorating TFA Flametroopers with Krennic's cape :monkey1

So....TFA Snowtrooper.....with cape. Design aside, wonder what HT was thinking here as far as a pick for a figure. I'm guessing it was an easy proto to throw together that will never get released, because it makes no sense to list this for 200+ when you can easily grab a TFA snowie for like 100 bucks.

Glad they finally showed Mando. Def grabbing him. Hoping they show new Rey/Kylo and some KOR

Sooo...let’s reissue a mega peg-warmer and throw on a terrible looking, totally useless, hooded cape. Good job HT and Disney.:dunno

A guy wearing armor wouldn?t find the cape useful at all in a cold environment. He?d still be freezing his butt off ? they should make some sort of portable/wearable heating unit instead. The cape is worthless.

Why are we trashing HT for this design? Are we saying this doesn't exist in the star wars universe?

I?m glad the snowtroopers are in TROS because I love their design. However, I?m not sure why HT would release this figure given that it?s the same base design, the originals didn?t sell well and we still don?t have a Poe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly think they will take dead stock, modify them, and sell them to recover some costs and free up inventory. I collect all the troopers so this one might be a hard pass but they need to make that cloak better for me to bite. Right now it looks like a 3rd party add on and looks really cheap. I doubt this will see a PO though.

The original sells for less than half. Will this release? Let's see if Hot Toys/Disney have completely lost their minds...

If they release this, it might be one of those trooper figures that we get in hand when the movie launches. Again, I doubt it though. They might have better luck doing the Sith Jet Trooper.

I?m glad the snowtroopers are in TROS because I love their design. However, I?m not sure why HT would release this figure given that it?s the same base design, the originals didn?t sell well and we still don?t have a Poe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a feeling this was just a quick display piece they threw together, since they didn't have many other ROS figures to show yet.

With R&D cost out of the equation, margin on that figure is much bigger. Besides, assuming this trooper has more than a cameo in TROS, it could sell well enough and help clear some old inventory as Well. Not something i'd blame HT trying.

Back