Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Shoretrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww yeah!!! Glad this is out. I have one of these paid off so I hope it ships soon. On the fence about the squad leader. While I like the hint of blue this plain grunt looks gooood. It just needed a lunch tray and cup

You're going to have to learn to be okay with missing out on some figures, it's really not a big deal. I'm good with all the releases. AS for shore trooper, I'm thinking about trying to buy a loose ammo pouch from this one and add it to the squad leader hopefully monkey depot parts it out and it's easy to attach/detach.

Seeing these photos I think I might prefer two grunts versus the grunt plus kama shoretrooper, though I ordered the latter pair.
Yeah I think I like the more plain look of the grunt more, somehow more OT, the look that RO was going for. The squad leader has a slight PT clone vibe due to the extra paintwork.

Last edited:
I ordered 2 of this, but I’m debating cutting it to one. Do I need 6 shore troopers? One captain, 2 squad leader, 2 grunt, one tank commander? I mean I do need 6, but is it necessary? Probably the worst place to think out loud with you plastic crack enablers.
yeah, I’m counting the tank commander as a shore trooper.

I ordered 2 of this, but I’m debating cutting it to one. Do I need 6 shore troopers? One captain, 2 squad leader, 2 grunt, one tank commander? I mean I do need 6, but is it necessary? Probably the worst place to think out loud with you plastic crack enablers.
yeah, I’m counting the tank commander as a shore trooper.
I think one captain, one squad leader, and two grunts is a good looking squad.

Having two squad leaders in the squad seems excessive. Having just one would highlight its uniqueness more, like the one captain.

Better to cut a squad leader than a grunt, since most standard troopers look best at least in pairs. And looking at it as a whole, a squad with three officers and one trooper is really imbalanced.

Having two squad leaders in the squad seems excessive. Having just one would highlight its uniqueness more, like the one captain.

Better to cut a squad leader than a grunt, since most standard troopers look best at least in pairs. And looking at it as a whole, a squad with three officers and one trooper is really imbalanced.

Ahem, Sandtroopers :mad:

Sandtroopers are an exception to every rule because they're the best looking Stormtrooper variant. You can have as many or as few of every rank you want and it'll look good.

And I mean that.

No I agree with your original sentiment. I'm just ticked that HT never followed through with any of the other variants. I have four of the orange pauldron variety and I just can't bring myself to paint any of them black or white.

But yes, they all still look cool standing around next to the Dewback.

No I agree with your original sentiment. I'm just ticked that HT never followed through with any of the other variants. I have four of the orange pauldron variety and I just can't bring myself to paint any of them black or white.

But yes, they all still look cool standing around next to the Dewback.
Same here. I gave one of the Sandtroopers the black pauldron from the Shadow Trooper. I have an extra orange pauldron I picked up that I've been meaning to paint white. But I would rather Hot Toys release the variants.

Sad that they never did. Makes me almost regret selling off the Sideshow Sandtroopers a long time ago.

I agree, it doesn't make any since to army build squad leaders.. Thats like buying two captain rexs to lead your one 501st almost lol.

You need one captain and two squads (each having one squad leader and four grunts).

Back