Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a moment of weakness that “passed like a fleeting shadow.” It’s already been explained. To suggest it was an inherent need to kill children is laughable.

All in all, I’ve come to the realization that although this Luke is far from what I expected having read some of the EU back in the day, it’s still an honest take that I appreciate. Hopefully JJ brings it around full circle.

Anyway couldn’t resist this one. I had some SS points and it looks amazing.

So after receiving rotj Luke this is now my most anticipated figure. It took me a couple of watches to enjoy TLJ but I do. I feel like I would have taken the sequel trilogy in a different direction which probably would have been very predictable. Rian Johnson's decisions for Luke and Rey make perfect sense. He was left having to explain why Luke is sat on an island and who Rey is? His answers to both these questions are very logical. Luke would be a coward if he was just hiding, but it makes sense that he has realised the jedi fail time and time again. And the hardest thing rey could hear was that she was no one. My biggest gripe is having never seen Han, Luke, Leia and chewie on screen together again but hey ho.
This figure looks great and I can't wait to get it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm really excited to pose this with Resistance Rey. I think it'd look great! Love the sculpt on this guy. And I'm in the minority, but I always thought this outfit was awesome. Reminds me of the Yamamura outfit from Bloodborne for some reason lol

I'm not sure why it bothers people to see dissent on an internet message board about a movie. I happen to like this look for luke, but i hated TLJ. It doesnt mean i wont get the figure if it blows me away with design, accessories, and price.

If someone disagrees with my opinion of the movie, it doesnt bother me at all. Maybe there will be something that i missed that could totally change my opinion of the movie? But really this forum and maybe a reddit page are about the only places i could meet an avid star wars fan short of going to a con. And if you are an adult collector, spending thousands of dollars a year on this stuff, I'm going to take your opinion more seriously than most. So i think this is really THE place to discuss the movie. I explained my problems in the movie thread so i wont retype it but have no problem revisiting the topic here. I also have no problem with someone calling me an idiot. I'm probably weird in that respect.

I'm not sure why it bothers people to see dissent on an internet message board about a movie. I happen to like this look for luke, but i hated TLJ. It doesnt mean i wont get the figure if it blows me away with design, accessories, and price.

If someone disagrees with my opinion of the movie, it doesnt bother me at all. Maybe there will be something that i missed that could totally change my opinion of the movie? But really this forum and maybe a reddit page are about the only places i could meet an avid star wars fan short of going to a con. And if you are an adult collector, spending thousands of dollars a year on this stuff, I'm going to take your opinion more seriously than most. So i think this is really THE place to discuss the movie. I explained my problems in the movie thread so i wont retype it but have no problem revisiting the topic here. I also have no problem with someone calling me an idiot. I'm probably weird in that respect.

I don't think most people have a problem with people who dislike something, and are at least respectful about it.

I think the issue for me (and I imagine others), comes when people come to a thread about a specific figure, and trash the figure, character, movie, etc... and they clearly have no interest in the figure.

At that point, in my opinion, it's like - why not just not post in that thread? The threads are primarily for discussions of the figures, first and foremost. It's even a place to go "Not for me" or "Hm, was thinking of picking this up but I don't like how it turns out so I'm going to pass". But I don't think these threads are the place to go "Jake Skywalker **** rian johnson I hate him he needs to die if you like this movie youre an idiot what a stupid figure hobo luke"

That's just a waste of time. We've seen stuff like that in here, and pretty much all of the ST figure threads. I think the prequels are terrible, but I still like Anakin and Obi-Wan, so I would get stuff of that. I hated Rogue One, but I'm not going to spend my time in the thread about Jyn and complain about it.

It kind of goes off of the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" saying. But to me, it's more about "If you can't be respectful, don't say anything at all".

I have absolutely no issue with someone disliking a movie, character, etc. But for example, if someone comes into the Ep VII Rey figure thread when we are all sharing pics or talking about the figure and having a good time and just says "MARY SUEE TRASH FEMINISMMMM" etc, what's the point of that? That's annoying.

I have absolutely no issue with someone disliking a movie, character, etc. But for example, if someone comes into the Ep VII Rey figure thread when we are all sharing pics or talking about the figure and having a good time and just says "MARY SUEE TRASH FEMINISMMMM" etc, what's the point of that? That's annoying.

Probably just catharsis. That actually wasnt my problem with the movie. I still think its ok to voice an opinion though, even the one you mentioned, if someone feels better after typing it. I just move to the next post if i dont like where a message is going. I totally agree with beimg respectful to fellow board members. We are all passionate fans otherwise we wouldnt be here in the first place....at least i want to believe that is the case.

I really wished I liked the movie more..or at all, because it's truly a great looking figure and a step up from the TFA version. I might have to get it eventually anyway to just have a generic older Luke figure. Change up some of he accessories or something.

I really wished I liked the movie more..or at all, because it's truly a great looking figure and a step up from the TFA version. I might have to get it eventually anyway to just have a generic older Luke figure. Change up some of he accessories or something.

I might buy the head sculpt and then build my own version of a Jedi master Luke Skywalker that is far detached from the one offered up in the current EU tales.

I want an Old Luke in my collection, I am just completely underwhelmed with what was offered up as his story arc.

There should be options based on the Mythos Obi-Wan, ANH kenobi, and TFA/TLJ luke to make for an interesting custom if you really want to detach it from TLJ. Would be fun to see some custom creations.

I don't think most people have a problem with people who dislike something, and are at least respectful about it.

I think the issue for me (and I imagine others), comes when people come to a thread about a specific figure, and trash the figure, character, movie, etc... and they clearly have no interest in the figure.

At that point, in my opinion, it's like - why not just not post in that thread? The threads are primarily for discussions of the figures, first and foremost. It's even a place to go "Not for me" or "Hm, was thinking of picking this up but I don't like how it turns out so I'm going to pass". But I don't think these threads are the place to go "Jake Skywalker **** rian johnson I hate him he needs to die if you like this movie youre an idiot what a stupid figure hobo luke"

That's just a waste of time. We've seen stuff like that in here, and pretty much all of the ST figure threads. I think the prequels are terrible, but I still like Anakin and Obi-Wan, so I would get stuff of that. I hated Rogue One, but I'm not going to spend my time in the thread about Jyn and complain about it.

It kind of goes off of the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" saying. But to me, it's more about "If you can't be respectful, don't say anything at all".

:exactly:

I'm actually really happy to read that people are still hung up on this film. I like this look and am hoping to get it on the cheap. The more people spew venom about this, the cheaper I might be able to get it on the secondary market.

I'm actually really happy to read that people are still hung up on this film. I like this look and am hoping to get it on the cheap. The more people spew venom about this, the cheaper I might be able to get it on the secondary market.

:rotfl That's a good way to think about it. I'm hoping I'll be able to eventually score some Praetorian Guards that way.

^ yep, only getting this cause the look/costume is great, ill apply my own head cannon to my figs and forget the **** movie

That's what I'm doing with the Rey figure I got on the way, I'm gonna have her eyes redone blue and pretend she's a survivor of the Jedi Purge & have her locking blades with Vader.

I'm not a Luke guy at all, but after watching TLJ last week (my third time), I'm really tempted by this one. I loved how Luke was as the old crotchety hermit. I could never relate to OT Luke (Han was for me), but his character felt much more real and fleshed out in TLJ.

I have the old Sideshow Tatooine and Bespin Lukes but never bothered with the HT versions. I'm holding out for a HT X-Wing Luke. But like I said, I really liked him like this in TLJ so I'm considering it.

I'm not a Luke guy at all, but after watching TLJ last week (my third time), I'm really tempted by this one. I loved how Luke was as the old crotchety hermit. I could never relate to OT Luke (Han was for me), but his character felt much more real and fleshed out in TLJ.

I have the old Sideshow Tatooine and Bespin Lukes but never bothered with the HT versions. I'm holding out for a HT X-Wing Luke. But like I said, I really liked him like this in TLJ so I'm considering it.

Hey MOL! Let me explain why you're opinions are ALL WRONG...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not really. I understand where you're coming from. For me, it was the fact that Mark Hamill has grown so much as an actor since his 20s and early 30s making the OT. The one thing I had to respect regarding Luke's character in TLJ was Hamill's acting chops.

The way he committed to, and brought life to a role he famously "disagreed" with was inspiring enough on its own. But add to this the fact that in his mind, he was not only undoing Luke, but for all intents and purposes, also saying good-bye to the character that gave him a career, and made him an icon, all in one Roman Numeral movie. And he was remarkable in that role. Even though I hated where Johnson took Luke, Mark was awesome as the isolated self-loathing curmudgeon. Respect.

All that said, I don't believe Luke is dead. I think the vanishing act we saw at the end of TLJ was a two-part Jedi exercise performed upon extreme exhaustion that involves removing your corporeal self from the Force and allowing what Qui-Gon's called The Living Force to rejuvenate the body and spirit that Luke gleaned in part for the ancient texts, and his own study and experimentation (possibly with Qui-Gon's spiritual help!).

If JJ goes this way, and can somehow pull it off in a way that doesn't come off too corny, and TLJ becomes the classic middle section of LUKE's story where heroes are beaten and at their weakest, with IX becoming a return to greatness and redemption, then TLJ will instantly be lifted to the status of GREAT movie since it worked so well in bringing me down and preparing me for triumph in IX!

I know Liam wasn't mentioned in the official cast list that came out this week or last week, but if JJ pulls off the surprise, and Luke's depleted spirit meets Qui-Gon Jinn within the Living Force, and he tells Luke his work is not yet complete, that certainly works for me (without a spec of corn)!! :pray:

Totally agree. I can certainly understand the frustration of those who wanted to see him and Rey going off on some epic, action-packed adventure together, but I thought the direction Rian chose was far more interesting and probably allowed for a much more complex performance from Hamill than we would have gotten otherwise. And I just loved seeing a different side to Luke and seeing how different he had really become over time.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this figure.

All that said, I don't believe Luke is dead. I think the vanishing act we saw at the end of TLJ was a two-part Jedi exercise performed upon extreme exhaustion that involves removing your corporeal self from the Force and allowing what Qui-Gon's called The Living Force to rejuvenate the body and spirit that Luke gleaned in part for the ancient texts, and his own study and experimentation (possibly with Qui-Gon's spiritual help!).

If JJ goes this way, and can somehow pull it off in a way that doesn't come off too corny, and TLJ becomes the classic middle section of LUKE's story where heroes are beaten and at their weakest, with IX becoming a return to greatness and redemption, then TLJ will instantly be lifted to the status of GREAT movie since it worked so well in bringing me down and preparing me for triumph in IX!

I know Liam wasn't mentioned in the official cast list that came out this week or last week, but if JJ pulls off the surprise, and Luke's depleted spirit meets Qui-Gon Jinn within the Living Force, and he tells Luke his work is not yet complete, that certainly works for me (without a spec of corn)!! :pray:

Luke? Oh yes. That's what they used to call me. Luke Skywalker. That was my name.

I am Luke Forcewalker and I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Totally agree. I can certainly understand the frustration of those who wanted to see him and Rey going off on some epic, action-packed adventure together, but I thought the direction Rian chose was far more interesting and probably allowed for a much more complex performance from Hamill than we would have gotten otherwise. And I just loved seeing a different side to Luke and seeing how different he had really become over time.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this figure.

Agreed. Luke and his character arc was one of the very few things I liked about TLJ.

Hey MOL! Let me explain why you're opinions are ALL WRONG...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not really. I understand where you're coming from. For me, it was the fact that Mark Hamill has grown so much as an actor since his 20s and early 30s making the OT. The one thing I had to respect regarding Luke's character in TLJ was Hamill's acting chops.

The way he committed to, and brought life to a role he famously "disagreed" with was inspiring enough on its own. But add to this the fact that in his mind, he was not only undoing Luke, but for all intents and purposes, also saying good-bye to the character that gave him a career, and made him an icon, all in one Roman Numeral movie. And he was remarkable in that role. Even though I hated where Johnson took Luke, Mark was awesome as the isolated self-loathing curmudgeon. Respect.

Interesting theory, but I’d tread carefully with that. I can very easily see trying to do too much with that out of desperation to keep Luke Skywalker alive in the saga, that it’d feel more like an MCU tactic where nobody dies.

I personally thought Luke’s demise at the end of TLJ was fitting for the character. His journey in life concluded exactly how it began, with him being a hopeful farm boy staring at a binary sunset, to him being an old Jedi Master once again filled with the same hope he had as that farm boy, staring at the same binary sunset with the binary sunset score playing.

Back