Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31C3C41D-778F-4667-9987-E0E459F603AD-385-00000047B3050390.jpg

That looks really awesome man. :hi5: bravo

Thanks guys :)

I wired up the sonar head to the mains, so the wiring runs down the back of the stand. I never used my sonar head before really, as I had to open up the display every time to switch it on or off. Now I can leave those eyes glowing away all the time.

That is a phenomenal setup RollingJ!

Just managed to receive my Batpod today. :yess: Mine has the slight curve/bank to the left, but everything else seems ok. So glad I pulled the trigger on this! Too bad the DX-12 looks like it's planking on it though. :(

dsc00084xv.jpg

dsc00086zw.jpg

dsc00088kf.jpg

dsc00096ad.jpg

dsc00094pi.jpg

dsc00097ci.jpg

dsc00100jg.jpg

dsc00098zj.jpg

Nice setup guys.
So the DX12 doesn't sit very well on this since you're saying that it looks like he is planking it?Judging by your pics,the knees are the problem?

Im considering getting this myself but if the figure can't sit properly on this why bother?

Nice setup guys.
So the DX12 doesn't sit very well on this since you're saying that it looks like he is planking it?Judging by your pics,the knees are the problem?

Im considering getting this myself but if the figure can't sit properly on this why bother?

the dx02 is even worse for getting it on the pod. its not that the dx12 cant fit properly, its that you really have to stretch the tolerance of the rubber suit to do so....basically making it not worth the effort.

if you really want to take out the fabric bulk suit under the pants it gives it free range of motion and has no issues at all getting on the pod.

got my batpod v2 finally after long pondering between the 2 versions. i was surprised that the frame between the 2 big wheels are made of plastic. it feels so frail and brittle in my hand i'm afraid it would break if i just hold it up long enough.

quick questions for the expert:
- is the frame made of plastic as well with v1? i remember reading it's diecast in parts.
- which is more detailed, vi or v2? someone told me v2's foot rests are more detailed, but i dont have v1 to compare it to.
- paint aside, which is the better pod?

got my batpod v2 finally after long pondering between the 2 versions. i was surprised that the frame between the 2 big wheels are made of plastic. it feels so frail and brittle in my hand i'm afraid it would break if i just hold it up long enough.

This is really disappointing. Had considered getting this recently, but reading that makes me think twice. For the price they are charging for this I expected a diecast metal frame at least.

This is really disappointing. Had considered getting this recently, but reading that makes me think twice. For the price they are charging for this I expected a diecast metal frame at least.

I was thinking the same last night when i was looking over it again, it kinda does feel like a toy & makes me question why i paid over £200 for this thing, My concern is the frame will twist slightly over time with it being plastic There is no solid structure or feel to it. Even if they had just made the center section out of solid plastic due to all the formed parts that needed to show on it then use die cast on the front shaft & wheel assembly & the rear wheel. I think that would have stopped the annoying tilt were all seeing with that front wheel.

Absolutely amazing shots and poses bicold18!

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

Rock83 said:
Nice setup guys.

Thanks. Rego is right regarding the padding beneath armour. It restricts the poseability of the legs and might over stress the suit if you put the knees flush against the knee rests. But this is such an amazing piece nonetheless. I would definitely recommend picking it up!

found this review of batpod v1 from one of the most prominent toy review site:
This bike would qualify for the title 'mixed media', with a liberal use of plastic, metal and rubber to get the final look. They were smart enough to use metal for the key structural pieces that might take the most pressure as you're posing Bats on the bike, giving it a structurally overall solid feel.

was that true of v1? i couldn't find a diecast part anywhere in my v2, never mind "key structural pieces". someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

Back