Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic shot. I presume that's a custom 1/4 diorama. I wonder if there are 1/4 tables around lol

But yeah I wanna pose the Joker next to the QS BM RIGHT NOW

The cowl is great, it makes me want to get a 1/1 replica lol

Yes, custom interrogation room made to fit a Besta. Got it from Dean Gladwell of Backdrops and Bases on Facebook.

Not really enough room for a table but I plan to put Joker on a chair with Batman stood behind looking over him.

Hoping to get an extra body and clothing set minus the coats so I can use the purple coat, gloved hands and weapons on a 2nd Joker. Would be a waste not use the purple coat and all the accessories but equally the interrogation scene is my favourite in the movie so I need two Jokers lol.

Still waiting on my shipping notice after a day one pre order.
Anyone received there’s yet from sideshow that pre ordered after the 1st day of pre order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the Creg Customs heads for this guy and I can't decide between going sculpted hair or rooted hair. Does anyone here have any experience with the rooted hair? If so how durable is it and how long does it last before it starts to frizz or fall out?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Enterbay doesn't even have the license anymore.

Enterbay hardly bring anything to the table anymore unless it's NBA or some obsure Asian film.... long gone the days of decent figures from them. Their sculpts were always amazing kinda wish they'd jump back in the hobby. :/

I'm looking at the Creg Customs heads for this guy and I can't decide between going sculpted hair or rooted hair. Does anyone here have any experience with the rooted hair? If so how durable is it and how long does it last before it starts to frizz or fall out?

Rooted all the way man give's it a hell of a life presence..... it last ages if you look after it. Common sense don't pull the strands etc. Never experienced fritz but would imagine easily fixed with some water and cotton bud.

Few examples.

56226284_825200951185007_913946802524612773_n.jpg
43434700_1131957343624571_5209958964007010304_n.jpg

Still waiting on my shipping notice after a day one pre order.
Anyone received there’s yet from sideshow that pre ordered after the 1st day of pre order?

Don't worry everyone here will update when they get the shipping email from sideshow.

Well, Hot Toys has done it. They have made the single most frustrating Heath Ledger Joker figure in existence. :lol

This is almost impossible to pose in anything other than the most boring museum pose imaginable since his deadpan eyes keep staring forward, then when you turn his head to “rectify” it his shirt collar starts looking askew. To top it all off, that “half face” sculpt actually looks a bit more like Ledger in the movie than the main head, but it has that huge missing blotch of paint that completely throws off the accuracy.

He is nice, but he feels so incomplete. Only one knife, a pencil with no table, no smudged makeup on the bare hands (which the DX11 had so there’s no excuse why this doesn’t have it), and no second portrait with a smile or something - that would’ve fixed 99% of this figure’s problems.

This wouldn’t be so bad if it were Hot Toys’ first attempt with Ledger’s Joker, but it isn’t, and it feels like a figure that came out years ago. There’s barely any improvement, except this time I guess he looks more “human” and they fixed the blazer color. :lol

I don’t mean to rag on this so much - I was genuinely excited to open this guy after work and it just feels sort of grim. :lol So much potential for this release was squandered.

It feels like he wants to keep falling over too. The crotch grabber they included does next to nothing for him.

Appreciate that honest review Captain Clown. Dean Knight said the same thing about the crotch grabber being useless and having to use a waist grabber from a doll stand. Major fail on Hot Toys part!

Not making the 2nd portrait a different and more expressive sculpt was really unforgiveable. I can forgive the other little things but they really dropped the ball on those two issues.

Ugh
Yeah it’s good to hear a review that doesn’t just praise a figure because it’s new but we get some honest truths instead.
It definitely feels like hot toys didn’t care about this figure.
It should of been an awesome piece.

Ugh
Yeah it’s good to hear a review that doesn’t just praise a figure because it’s new but we get some honest truths instead.
It definitely feels like hot toys didn’t care about this figure.
It should of been an awesome piece.

I'm still trying to get my head around the 2 sculpts that are exactly the same. The coat also looks too big. If they were going for something to show unquie as Joker + Health thy should of sculpted the extra as half joker make up half normal......Or just given him a 2nd sculpt with a different look. :slap

So I joined the wait list around 3 weeks ago . Do you guys think my chances are good ?
Really want to add this piece to my collection

Well, Hot Toys has done it. They have made the single most frustrating Heath Ledger Joker figure in existence. :lol

This is almost impossible to pose in anything other than the most boring museum pose imaginable since his deadpan eyes keep staring forward, then when you turn his head to “rectify” it his shirt collar starts looking askew. To top it all off, that “half face” sculpt actually looks a bit more like Ledger in the movie than the main head, but it has that huge missing blotch of paint that completely throws off the accuracy.

He is nice, but he feels so incomplete. Only one knife, a pencil with no table, no smudged makeup on the bare hands (which the DX11 had so there’s no excuse why this doesn’t have it), and no second portrait with a smile or something - that would’ve fixed 99% of this figure’s problems.

This wouldn’t be so bad if it were Hot Toys’ first attempt with Ledger’s Joker, but it isn’t, and it feels like a figure that came out years ago. There’s barely any improvement, except this time I guess he looks more “human” and they fixed the blazer color. :lol

I don’t mean to rag on this so much - I was genuinely excited to open this guy after work and it just feels sort of grim. :lol So much potential for this release was squandered.

It feels like he wants to keep falling over too. The crotch grabber they included does next to nothing for him.

There are a lot of things you can debate and or nitpick with this figure and it's accuracy to the movie character. The one thing I think 99% of all folks who get this in hand would agree with is that there is no excuse for the second head not being a different expressive sculpt. It would have literally doubled my satisfaction with the purchase and made the release three times as fun to play around with.

Unfortunately i have to sell my special edition sealed due to medical bills if anyone is interested im putting it up in the sale thread. I was looking forward to using the second sculpt on my joker MOM figure so i could have one in the grenade mob scene but hopefully it gets a good home.

Back