Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not got a problem with the expression or likeness.the teeth remind me of my 1.1 bust.so I can live with that.the hair be it wet dry or inbetween is too short.yes i'm a huge Brandon fan and the hair reminds me of Vincent perez in the sequal.will I buy it..of course.but I hope the hair gets a tweak.

dry not wet hair.

Don't come to threads if you aren't prepared to read criticism. Most of the people here are really passionate about this license. The teeth and hair length are valid complaints.
No... they are not... :lol
Watch the movie and pictures...

Sounds like your idea of enjoying a hobby is getting some KY and taking that $240 right where the sun doesn't shine. No reason to bow down to the company. We should expect very high quality for the prices.

Nope, my idea of enjoying the hobby is to buy what I like and don't buy what I don't... Can you imagine that?! It's crazy! When it comes to toys... you actually HAVE a choice!! :horror

"Bow down to the company" gimme a break! These are toys we're talking about... :lol

My main problem with this expression is that I just don't associate it with this character, I do it with Joker. Yes Brandon makes a big smile a few times in the movie, but that doesn't mean it is a good expression to choose. I honestly think Hot Toys had the Joker in mind when doing this and probably want to try to get people who own one to get the other. When I think of this character, I imagine a much more serious appearance or a very subtle smile. Hell the makeup smiles already he doesn't need to do it as well.

And that's YOUR problem... not Hot Toys... If you see the Joker here, you need to get you're eyes checked...
He smiles and grins A LOT in the movie...

Almost every pose you do with this expression is going to look awkward, aside from maybe the generic arms raised out while walking pose.
The only awkward thing here are your comments...

Well, my points have been made. And they could very well be detablable because when I see shots like this...

AnicomL15_zps75f1217c.jpg~original

...the figure looks absolutely flawless. I'm betting it is. And we've got a long road from now until release.

That's because it is flawless!

Why does he have the One Ring of Sauron?

:lol

:lol

So say we all. :goodpost:

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by costume figures?

Figures with rooted hair and clothes, are too 'Action Man' stylee for me.. but its personal taste and I recognise some people like that sort of thing.. I do have a Sideshow Boba Fett and a Hot Toys Jake Sully (just release Neytiri already, HT!).. so its not a rule I carve in stone, just generally prefer sculpted and armored / robot figures, I have a lot of HT Iron Man figures.. :lol
:peace

im just glad we are getting a decent crow figure, crow fans have not had a lot to choose from over the years as far as 1/6 scale goes, there have been many figures small and large but this is by far one of the best. Im also glad they waited so long, todays figure will be so much better than one that would have come out when the movie was released, I remember thinking how good the McFarlane 12inch figure was when I got it all those years ago, now we get this, thanks hot toys for the crow love!!

I don't know, Yeah he does smile in the film, but then look how ugly the bust looks for example:

CbXXbJn.jpg

I mean, if everyone is okay with the expression that is fine. That's okay.
But don't tell me the smiling face is the best way they could have done the figure.
One thing is to like and accept this sculpt and another thing is to say that this is the best expression they could have gone with.
I know it is all personal opinions at this point. I'm just saying. It's cool everyone accepts the sculpt but it doesn't mean it is the best.

I strongly believe it is the best expression to represent the character.

Shows he is sure of himself, dangerous and also smacks of the GN where he has a manic grin most of the time.

The problem with the hair is that it gets longer in the back which is normal, but so many of the pics have the head tilted down that it's impossible to see it.

Angle the head up when you get it, and what's in the back should fill in that gap.

06.jpg

14.jpg

The Best HT Announcement for me since The Terminator and Bruce Lee Casual and Suit figures.

looks like someone photoshoped the hair longer,make a big difference..to me anyway,don't know what you guys think.

The greatest Hot Toys announcement evah!!

Ordered as soon as he is up for PO. Love the expression. The outfit and guitar are aces...

I don't know, Yeah he does smile in the film, but then look how ugly the bust looks for example:

CbXXbJn.jpg

I mean, if everyone is okay with the expression that is fine. That's okay.
But don't tell me the smiling face is the best way they could have done the figure.
One thing is to like and accept this sculpt and another thing is to say that this is the best expression they could have gone with.
I know it is all personal opinions at this point. I'm just saying. It's cool everyone accepts the sculpt but it doesn't mean it is the best.

That bust sculpt has too much 'snarl'.. HT's is different and I'm good with the "Bring It On!' expression if there is only going to be one sculpt.. HT could opt for including a second HS with an expression more like the one NECA used for their 18" figure -

..but that will probably raise the cost of the figure and imho could look a bit Emo.

As for various Joker comparisons.. The Crow 1994, The Dark Knight 2008.. since Brandon Lee did use that expression in '94, it cannot be a rip-off of Heath Ledger.

Last edited:
:medic Literally,just got pushed out of my seat by my wife when i showed her these PICS.!!She is now a Hot Toys fan!:slapI never expected this!Ht came out of nowhere with this one and its PERFECT!:wink1:

well, They could have made the figure with the crow Smiling. But I don't get why the smile has to be so big.

they could have made the smile without teeth even. Just the lips. or a smirk

I guess the smile looks too big for me. Almost looks like he is saying "Cheese"

Back