Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Hmmmmm
should i get a ex mark vi, mech test and a kevin flynn for the base and have a lot more to play with and some cash left over-----or
this sorry excuse of ex limited to 16----
well i know what decision this numnuts made

I wonder if the seller has another account where he buys it now and just cancels the transaction a few days later so he doesn't have to pay any fees in order to get people to pay this kind of price for his next listing. I know there are people out there who are willing to pay outrageous prices but sometimes it just feels like its all..... "scripted".

Sideshow a long time ago had made a "Son of Frankenstein" 12" figure limited to 10. I had offered someone who had it $2,000 at that time, so $1,300 seems reasonable within the context of the availability.

What you pay for something depends on how bad you need it. I traded a $1000 WG OPC Rookie Card for a 31/50 Guy Hebert card. It booked/sold (not that number for $1.00 on eBay if that)I had at the time 42 of the made 43 cards 31/xxx). This guy known I need it an known I need it bad. So, I traded (I still have more WG Rookies).

With 16 made, and if that is all they are going to make (not like RCCA once did or sell does?) that that is a cheap price.

Most collectors love the 'exclusivity' and rareness of this item. But if you are thinking logically, with that amount of money, you can probably buy 2 or 3 normal Mark VI, 2 Mech Test Tony and have 4-5 Iron Man figures OR 2 Mark VI figure with mech test head.

Btw the base isnt worth $1,3K IMO.

well to be fair to them
spending $200 on a toy is not logical at all :lol

Is this looking like its going to be the comic con exclusive?

Something is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. I bought the HT Avengers Mark VI for $390. I was pricing the regular Mark VI here on the boards and on ebay, they all wanted $300-$375, for a few extra dollars, I got the Avengers one.

I'm all for a rare and exclusive figure. But it has to be something different entirely, not something that can be kitbashed like this. Heck, most of the iron man collector probably already have the mech test head and a mark vi. All they gotta do is put em together.

Thanks to a double deal I bought the Mark 6 for only $260 (I also bought Ezio from same seller). And I got to say that I'm glad I did. looking at the current price geez. This limited edition dont really float my boat, unless I didnt had the mark 6 in the first place, that would be another story. But I mean having the figure in my hands, I can't justify why people would charge so much for it. I mean I understand figures like Ezio, Joker Dx01, etc that has much more elaborate details in the clothing, but for a figure that is 90% plastic....

Are these even numbered at all? Who would keep track if HT release 2000-3000 more than the initial 3000, seeing that the demand is there?

I assume after SS bring in another 500-1000, the price would most likely go down for a while. But like Bruce Wayne batman begins HT, this would probably go up again.

I didnt get the VI and I'd like to get this version but this is ridiculous. Its going to be over priced and on top of that it doesnt come with any battle damaged parts. HT gave us a new base and box. WTF HT?

I didnt get the VI and I'd like to get this version but this is ridiculous. Its going to be over priced and on top of that it doesnt come with any battle damaged parts. HT gave us a new base and box. WTF HT?

Yup, they should also at least include
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just be patient, sideshow is getting a batch of these, and it should be priced around $200ish.

Yup, they should also at least include
Spoiler Spoiler:

They might do that for the v2 of this version, with a accurate gold paint on the chest top this time :huh:lol

:lol wouldn't be suprise if ht make another ver 2, its the best selling license(ironman)for ht

Just be patient, sideshow is getting a batch of these, and it should be priced around $200ish.

They might do that for the v2 of this version, with a accurate gold paint on the chest top this time :huh:lol

Yeah I know Sideshow is going to get some but I dont see it going for under $200.

HT will do an Iron Man Mark III 2.0 version most likely.

Back