1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new outfit just doesn't look like a Terminator. He should, he's wearing a black leather jacket, grey shirt, black pants, and he's even wearing sunglasses and using a shotgun, but for some reason it doesn't feel like a Terminator. Maybe it's the hoodie or the old age...:dunno

I know what you mean.

Back in December of 2009 when the first Hot Toys T2 T-800 was shown in that toy world magazine scan, I was pumped. I had the original hamburger faced MMS 02, but something about this new 1/6 T2 Arnold figure set something off in my brain, it just clicked. The iconography, the rose box, the endo arm, it was great. I got the same feeling the following year in 2010 when the Hot Toys T1 Tech Noir T-800 was teased then shown. Seeing that funky 80s print, the jacket, the messed up eye head, it was all pretty damn exciting.

I have no feelings for this one. Nothing is standing out making me think "oh ****, I've GOT to get this". I don't see a Terminator, I see old man Arnold in casual frumpy civilian clothes and a shotgun. Then again, I haven't seen the movie yet so maybe it will take some time to digest? Afterall, I had grown up with the first two Terminator films and had them burned into my brain. So of course when cool collectibles came about 20 years later I'd get that sense of nostalgia for them and want to buy the Hot Toys figures. With this, I'm just not feeling it.

I'm going to pose mine partially removing his hoodie in order to capture him at the exact moment he stupidly, inexplicably announces his presence to the machine he was sneaking up on.

It looks like a well put together figure, but I can't get past the notion that Terminators age. Release a chromed out endoskeleton and 84' Reese dammit!

I cannot get over they nailed the neck after all these releases.

It looks like a well put together figure, but I can't get past the notion that Terminators age. Release a chromed out endoskeleton and 84' Reese dammit!

Yes, my shelf is badly needing one.

Another photoshop fix I did

Attachments

• genisys fix.jpg
    genisys fix.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 201
I'm not going to post pics of which actor it looks like because I think it's a very solid likeness of Arnie at 68. I dunno if I'll get the figure, I'll have to see if they make any more from the film. I'd like to see this version made:

new-terminator-genisys-guardian-featurette-reveals-t-800s-fatherly-side.png

I know what you mean.

Back in December of 2009 when the first Hot Toys T2 T-800 was shown in that toy world magazine scan, I was pumped. I had the original hamburger faced MMS 02, but something about this new 1/6 T2 Arnold figure set something off in my brain, it just clicked. The iconography, the rose box, the endo arm, it was great. I got the same feeling the following year in 2010 when the Hot Toys T1 Tech Noir T-800 was teased then shown. Seeing that funky 80s print, the jacket, the messed up eye head, it was all pretty damn exciting.

I have no feelings for this one. Nothing is standing out making me think "oh ****, I've GOT to get this". I don't see a Terminator, I see old man Arnold in casual frumpy civilian clothes and a shotgun. Then again, I haven't seen the movie yet so maybe it will take some time to digest? Afterall, I had grown up with the first two Terminator films and had them burned into my brain. So of course when cool collectibles came about 20 years later I'd get that sense of nostalgia for them and want to buy the Hot Toys figures. With this, I'm just not feeling it.

T2 is my mind the definitive look of the character because that was my first exposure to Terminator. I saw T2 in theaters, not knowing anything about the movie, the story or the characters, so imagine how awesome it was to go see T2 with zero knowledge thinking that we were just going to go see some action movie, and then getting blown away by it.

Afterwards, we rented T1 because I wanted to see the original, and at first it was strange seeing the T 800 with long hair and wearing the punk outfit and later the leather look with brown pants, but I understood that was the original look, and I really liked the film because it felt like a Terminator film, and I could see how T2 just reused some of the scenes from the first film. But still, nothing beats the T2 outfit with the sunglasses in my mind, which makes me wonder how hardcore Terminator fans felt about the look in T2 back then? Maybe they felt the same way we feel now about TG.

Good photoshop work, but I do think the HT is better. Arnold is old now, HT's HS shows that. And I kinda like that in an age where old is bad.
Yep, I'd agree. Bunny made him look more determined and 'heroic' but less like Arnie actually looks today, IMO (good work, though, bunny). I do wonder how much of the hate this figure's getting is because it depicts a 68 year old Schwarzenegger.

Agreed. This, along with most Hot Toys figures, will be 20-30% off with double rewards in a few months from now.
Considering how poorly MMS238 seems to have done, this version does seem destined for the discount bin. Would be a nice surprise if HT makes this a very small run. They just can't be expecting to sell a load of these but no doubt they'll still overproduce them like every other release.

Last edited:
makes me wonder how hardcore Terminator fans felt about the look in T2 back then? Maybe they felt the same way we feel now about TG.

We did not. First time he put on the biker leathers was cool. It paralleled how he got his outfit in T1 and was sufficiently cool looking. I've never heard any complaints about it.

Last edited:
Back