Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This, like HT's T800, is miles ahead of SS's Sarah and is a must for me.

Well, 1 very significant imrpovement, better head to shoulder width ratio. The hat also looks more accurrate with the flatter front. The costume looks good but Sideshow's turned out nice too.

Saying that the head sculpt is reminiscent of the old Sideshow Sarah sculpt is praise to the latter. It looks very similar, but from the neck down very different.

Well, that's 2 down, 2 more to go, Hot Toys. Good show, good show.

I bet they're going to use the same material that's being implemented on the Leonidas figure, which looks to have tremendous flexibility versus older rubber muscle bodies.

I can't tell from the photo if this is a full muscle body like Leonidas and past muscle bodies with the arms flowing right into the torso, or if this is like all HT Female bodies where there's a rubber, though nicer, layer over the torso of the body and the shoulders are separate. I'm fine with the shoulders being like they always have been on HT female bodies, they look fine. I'd even be happier with the arms being like Wolverine and T-800 instead of a full muscle arm as this looks.

Trev did a great job on the portrait for Sideshow's figure, it really captured Linda Hamilton, as far as this portrait goes, better paint apps and scale to the body are the only areas where it can really excel beyond Sideshow's portrait.

You think the Hot Toys head looks huge? To me it looks puny compared to the Sideshow head, relative to the body it's on, particulary compared to the width of the body.

sarahconnor_12inch1.jpg

17474_303486617343_58690437343_3937242_2869094_n.jpg

Damn that Trevor sculpt still holds up pretty well.

Damn that Trevor sculpt still holds up pretty well.

And it was his first released work with Sideshow, I still remember when it debuted, thinking I don't know who this Trevor Grove is, but I'm going to follow his sculpt work :lol Now he's a household name like Yulli.

And it was his first released work with Sideshow, I still remember when it debuted, thinking I don't know who this Trevor Grove is, but I'm going to follow his sculpt work :lol Now he's a household name like Yulli.

That's why I will have a hard time justifying the $160 upgrade on this figure. It's not a quantum leap like the T-800 was. The body is a definite improvement though.

That's why I will have a hard time justifying the $160 upgrade on this figure. It's not a quantum leap like the T-800 was. The body is a definite improvement though.

Same here, a hair down sculpt would seal it for me thought, and I think they'll come through, there's no room for a second Sarah with it, it's either 2 heads with this figure or not. Though I do feel like the paint and poor body on the Sideshow would really look sore with the HT figures. I'll keep my Sideshow figures too, can just have 2 collections, but I don't think you can really mix them together, HT's paint apps have been getting so good this year, more than ever they stand out next to Sideshow figures.

Yeah, that can work. I never bothered with a repaint because, while it's not top notch, the factory paint did keep the likeness of Linda Hamilton that Trev sculpted. I just couldn't bring myself to spend money for a repaint where the factory paint was good enough. Some paint jobs lose the likeness and really need touch up.

It's a great sculpt, but the repaint really made it on-par with today's quality.

Nice body but not enough to really distinguish it from Trevor's Sideshow sculpt, I'm afraid.

:lecture
I'm happy with my SS version.
If I do get this, it would have to be as an afterthought.

Looks nice though. (no joints)

I really wish that Hot Toys wouldn't leak just one image out. Doesn't lend well to a fair critique. Heh, it almost seems trite of me to say that.

Sends the forums into the same cycle.

It's a pretty fair image though, you can see almost the whole body. There's a lot you can tell from that photo. I don't see anything looking wrong about it in that photo, just a question of, how much different from the Sideshow figure will this full set be.

If T-800 went up for order in January with an April release target, I'd guess this figure for May/June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back