Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and yeah the figure is boring because it's just a generic tactical gear figure. again, pass.

I think people's love of the character is the strongest selling point in 1/6 collecting. I do agree with you - to me this Sarah Connor figure looks like a "generic tactical gear figure" however - to a lover of the film, to someone who likes the character of Sarah Connor - this figure is an amazing must have and I totally get that.

The Enterbay Jack Bauer is just a man in plain black clothing with a gun and a bag, but to me -ITS JACK BAUER!!!!! ahah a must have!

These figures may not be the most kitted out and they may not carry lots of accessories or features but to a fan - they are an amazing representation of the character from a film they love.

I think people's love of the character is the strongest selling point in 1/6 collecting. I do agree with you - to me this Sarah Connor figure looks like a "generic tactical gear figure" however - to a lover of the film, to someone who likes the character of Sarah Connor - this figure is an amazing must have and I totally get that.

The Enterbay Jack Bauer is just a man in plain black clothing with a gun and a bag, but to me -ITS JACK BAUER!!!!! ahah a must have!

These figures may not be the most kitted out and they may not carry lots of accessories or features but to a fan - they are an amazing representation of the character from a film they love.

Well said.

And is the T-800 just a generic musclebound man in leather cloths and sunglasses?

Oh yeah, but he has a robot arm!
pretty much. that's why i got the endo.
same reason i didn't care about the dutch figure; basically just a commando arnold.

is that the Darren Carnall sculpt your using Evil ?.

Yup, his making the neck larger was a huge improvement to the look. I kept the head (will prolly use it for a John Kruger custom) and sold off the rest when HT first showed theirs :lol

Yup, his making the neck larger was a huge improvement to the look. I kept the head (will prolly use it for a John Kruger custom) and sold off the rest when HT first showed theirs :lol

Yeah, that Darren Carnall headsculpt is really good. I have one too on my custom T2.

Im going to buy this because I'm a die hard fan. But still, I would have preferred a figure from the first film, a BD Remington 870 Sarah from the final scenes would have been really cool or a Pescadero version. But this version is a bit too generic for me.

the figure is boring because it's just a generic (tactical gear) figure. again, pass.

That's what I'm thinking when I see people ask for T1 Sarah or Furlong Connor...and even more so when I see people's figure suggestions on HT Facebook page like Black Hwak Down, Trainspotting(?!) and Book of Eli(?!)

Sarah is awesome. I don't know about you, but I was rooting for Sarah at the end of T2 when she was cocking the gun and shooting the T-1000. I really thought for a second that she was going to save the day.
P.S. I was still okay with Arnold saving the day.
BTW the figure does look outstanding. And like everyone else I really hope she comes with an alternate head.

Im going to buy this because I'm a die hard fan. But still, I would have preferred a figure from the first film, a BD Remington 870 Sarah from the final scenes would have been really cool or a Pescadero version. But this version is a bit too generic for me.

I guess I feel the same way. Its a must-buy as the first 2 Terminator films are all-time favourites but I would prefer a dirtied up Sarah from the Steel mill with that shotgun. It would better suit the BD T-800 and and the T-1000 whereas 'clean' sarah in tactical gear sort of went off by herself and didn't interract with the other major players at that point in the film. I'd also love a Pescadero version but I'd actually prefer if NECA made that in the 7" range along with Furlong connor. Those would be great with the current range of NECA figures.

Two heads would rock. I wonder if HT goes really far and includes the bandage on her right shoulder. The McFarlane figure had it.

I'm currently re-reading the T2 graphic novels Cybernetic Dawn and Nuclear Twilight. AWESOME companion pieces to the film. If you can find them, I highly recommend them.

whereas 'clean' sarah in tactical gear sort of went off by herself and didn't interract with the other major players at that point in the film.
She will work with the endo arm T-800 ;)

If you could find a 1/6 highway resting place style table (or whatever those kind of tables are called in English) you could recreate the "there's no fate but what we make"-scene, that would be a really cool diorama!

I guess I feel the same way. Its a must-buy as the first 2 Terminator films are all-time favourites but I would prefer a dirtied up Sarah from the Steel mill with that shotgun. It would better suit the BD T-800 and and the T-1000 whereas 'clean' sarah in tactical gear sort of went off by herself and didn't interract with the other major players at that point in the film. I'd also love a Pescadero version but I'd actually prefer if NECA made that in the 7" range along with Furlong connor. Those would be great with the current range of NECA figures.

The figure is obviously clean, but until the full specs are announcd, I wouldn't rule out this figure having an alternate head with hair down like the steel mill as well as at least the shotgun she uses in there and maybe the machine gun from the SWAT van.

Cant wait to see the official pics!!!:D
Hopefully well see the T-1000 next!

I would say T-1000 is next, I think BD T-800 will be the big finale of the T2 line. It'd be awesome if the next figure debuted next month, that'd be a great pace.

Before Sarah's official reveal, I wasn't confident in T-1000 being covered as thoroughly as I'd like him to be, with the regular cop outfit and the biker outfit, plus all the various weapons and damages he received, but with Sarah now definite, if they'd make her at all, my confidence in getting all you could want for T-1000 out of Hot Toys has dramatically increased. My only wonder now is, would they just do a suped up DX release with 2 costumes and everything, or would they do 2 separate figures. I think DX in a way would be good if the BD T-800 is to be a DX, that way the line would be made up of 2 DX and 2 MMS and the display stands would match up. I like uniformity like that, for me it'd be weird to have 3-4 MMS figures and one DX.

That's what I'm thinking when I see people ask for T1 Sarah or Furlong Connor...and even more so when I see people's figure suggestions on HT Facebook page like Black Hwak Down, Trainspotting(?!) and Book of Eli(?!)
pffft hahaha! i'm glad they don't take fan suggestions seriously then.

black hawk down? really? just... wtf.

Didn't the HT Newsletter with the teaser pic say we would be getting more pictures this week?

Well, it's been this week for 15 hrs and 27 min Pacific Standard Time. And it's Toyfair. What's the hold up?!

I'm not sure we'll be getting word this week, it's a 50/50 shot they misspoke.

Apparently the factories are shut down for production this week because of Chinese New Year, now, I don't know of that means HT's entire company or just the factories, if it's the whole company then it won't be until next week, if it's just the factories, then we might hear something this week.

It's possible Sideshow might have arranged to unveil this figure as part of their Toy Fair activities, so even if HT's totally shut down, Sideshow may do it, and it might not be until Thursday's newsletter before we see something.

Do the stars really know that there making figures of them?? I asked Linda Hamilton and she didn't even know. Robert Patrick didn't even know about the HCG bust he signed for me.

Do the stars really know that there making figures of them?? I asked Linda Hamilton and she didn't even know. Robert Patrick didn't even know about the HCG bust he signed for me.

They don't have to, the T2 license covers rights to likeness. The only time actors have to see anything is when their likeness isn't covered in their film contract or they make stipulations in the contract to have a say in products that depict them. Most modern movies just get the merchandising rights up front, but merchandising wasn't really big until about the 90s so a lot of films before that, like Predator and the Alien films, weren't covered for it. I know with Salvation, Hot Toys said that Bale and McG had to approve the Connor portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back