Hot Toys Terminator 1 T-800 1/4 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, Arnold must be broke or something after his divorce.

Soon we'll be getting Terminator shootout dioramas in Mcdonald happy meals.

And this is a bad thing because...?

I feel they released this ideal representation of T1 to go head to head with Enterbay. Which i feel was a bad move, because #1 i don't think they're gonna win the 1/4 scale battle and #2 it pisses off their loyal 1/6 customers who have been waiting for their HT Police Shootout version.

They could. I think the most-likely outcome is actually a tie. It really depends on what you're into, but I have the utmost faith in both companies. We know HT's capable of pulling off an amazing T1. If they can translate that to 1/4 scale, they'll have accomplished what they've set out to do in my eyes.

Hell, I'm planning to get both, so I'm staying optimistic.

Last edited:
Here's some comparison of the head from 1/6 Punk figure and this strange teaser-sculpt:

httiz14_vs_ht16punk.jpg

Take a look at the chin and ears, the 1/4 is clearly a extremely early proto.

I don't get what is HT doing? :dunno
Wasn't their 1st 1/4 supposed to have been Dutch? :huh
And i bet their Dutch will be the same version Sideshow is coming up.

Wow. Pretty darn cool.
Do you guys think Hot Toys will individually number the figures in the 1/4 scale line?

Delayed Toys... :mad:

Insanely-expensive, mass-market, re-released, fragile toys.:cuckoo:

HT need to decide what sort of company they want to be. They need to either drop their prices if they're going mass-market, or keep things limited and of a better quality than recent efforts.

Or they could be smart and do both. Lower the retail price on their standard, re-released lines. Shave some of the accessories, reduce the packaging. Do what they need to do to get close to Koto/EB 1/6 statue prices.

Then, have the more expensive, limited DX line. Then you've got happy collectors all around.

I stopped collecting HT 1/6 after three pieces as I didn't think the price was justified when EB released their 1/4 Arnie. I've kept Ghost Rider and sold the rest.

I'm much more interested in 1/4 and the better SS pieces. More bang for the buck. A decision i'm super-happy with from looking at the DX10 turd HT have just shat out.

Was really excited for HTs 1/4s...but their T1 announcement has been poorly handled to say the least. It's going to have to look alot better than their backstage teaser if they want my money! When EB release their 1/4 pics of T2 and Batman, this games gonna change.

Insanely-expensive, mass-market, re-released, fragile toys.:cuckoo:

HT need to decide what sort of company they want to be. They need to either drop their prices if they're going mass-market, or keep things limited and of a better quality than recent efforts.

Or they could be smart and do both. Lower the retail price on their standard, re-released lines. Shave some of the accessories, reduce the packaging. Do what they need to do to get close to Koto/EB 1/6 statue prices.

Then, have the more expensive, limited DX line. Then you've got happy collectors all around.

I stopped collecting HT 1/6 after three pieces as I didn't think the price was justified when EB released their 1/4 Arnie. I've kept Ghost Rider and sold the rest.

I'm much more interested in 1/4 and the better SS pieces. More bang for the buck. A decision i'm super-happy with from looking at the DX10 turd HT have just shat out.

Was really excited for HTs 1/4s...but their T1 announcement has been poorly handled to say the least. It's going to have to look alot better than their backstage teaser if they want my money! When EB release their 1/4 pics of T2 and Batman, this games gonna change.

:exactly:
HT go to a lower (say $120) price point with no accessories? I doubt it..until these don't sell at all. Wish it WOULD happen!

It all depends on the collector, how much money they have.. I'd buy 5+ figures a month if Hot Toys could work that fast. But they won't so for me it's a pain in the ass to wait forever for new figures to be released, while for others, it's a chance to save money. The re-releases are good for new collectors or for those who missed out on the old versions. I missed out on RoboCop, which is being re-released by Hot Toys and I can't wait to get my hands on it. But I think their priority should be releasing what they've already announced.. Tron, SP, Avatar, GL etc...

:exactly:
HT go to a lower (say $120) price point with no accessories? I doubt it..until these don't sell at all. Wish it WOULD happen!

120 usd... damn you cheap! Hahha no just joking. I wish I could pay 180-200 usd for the new figures that are being released. But the minimum we europeans pay for these figures is like 200-280 usd, while I've seen some US stores sell Hot Toys figures for 150 usd or less. :slap And you people complain about the prices... :lol

120 usd... damn you cheap! Hahha no just joking. I wish I could pay 180-200 usd for the new figures that are being released. But the minimum we europeans pay for these figures is like 200-280 usd, while I've seen some US stores sell Hot Toys figures for 150 usd or less. :slap And you people complain about the prices... :lol

Agreed, this is a much easier hobby if you're not European for sure.
And much easier if you can afford 5 hot toys a month! :clap

Take a look at the chin and ears, the 1/4 is clearly a extremely early proto.

It's not an early prototype sculpt, what you see in the teaser IS the old /6 T2 T-800 head.

You can even tell how premature this announcement is by looking at the guns. Those weapons are all clearly in 1/4 and Arnie's feet next to them look ridiculously small (meaning they used a 1/6 figure as a stand-in. My guess is they either haven't totally begun work on the 1/4 version and have nothing (so they used the Tech Noir Arnie in the gun picture), or they have a [so far] headless 1/6 PSS in the works and decided to use its lower half to market the bigger one (which will likely come first).

Wasn't their 1st 1/4 supposed to have been Dutch? :huh

They didn't say that. All we knew is that they're planning to release a 1/4 P1 and Dutch. No info on the order whatsoever (and you never know with HT, as usual).

Why 1/4 before 1/6 though? The only figures I want that are on my "must have" list are a 1/6 T1 Shoot Out and a 1/6 BD T2. That's it. And it's announced that they will both be done....in 1/4. :lol I don't have any loyalties as far as toy companies go so who ever produces the best of those figures in that scale Im game.Although it looks as if EB is all about 1/4 exclusively. I can't afford 1/4 and I'm not selling all my 1/6 stuff to trade up for 1/4. Hopefully I'll see the aforementioned figures next year...this year would not be good money wise for me

Back