Hot Toys T-600 & T-700

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those of you with the t-700 and the t-800 how does the t-700 compare in person

equal? better? worse?

unless you're a sucker for complete collections, i think you can forgo the T-700. i prefer the T-800 because of its more original look. i'm disappointed with the 700 because it turned out too black... like it got tossed into fire or something. it doesn't quite have the silvery but slightly rusted look like in the film... it's more like burnt cake

Well someone was doing mods for people awhile back, painting them silver and making a custom base. Who was it again? I need to look it up again. I was supposed to get one of my endos done but ran out of money. :lol

Hm......not feeling it.

Are you talking about the r5150s chrome repaints of the 800 with skull base?

I went to toys2 today to see it in person... I passed - no offense to anyone who bought one - I just wasn't feeling it this time.

In fact, talking about toys2 - I wanted to buy "something" - after all I was in a TOY store, for heaven's sake! I found a lot of the stuff was priced just out of my comfort range, knowing I can prob get it at much more reasonable cost from someone here... Although - Eric (he works there) is very nice and very helpful. He has great reviews from many ppl here...

I went to toys2 today to see it in person... I passed - no offense to anyone who bought one - I just wasn't feeling it this time.

In fact, talking about toys2 - I wanted to buy "something" - after all I was in a TOY store, for heaven's sake! I found a lot of the stuff was priced just out of my comfort range, knowing I can prob get it at much more reasonable cost from someone here... Although - Eric (he works there) is very nice and very helpful. He has great reviews from many ppl here...

If prices in store are the same as their online site, then I don't see how you can get it much cheaper from anyone here...

If prices in store are the same as their online site, then I don't see how you can get it much cheaper from anyone here...

His prices online are US$, even for us canadians!:lol The problem then is that while his US price remains constant, his CDN price in-store does not match up to the current exchange rate...In the store he quotes me in US$ - but he is unable to process a charge in US$. He has to convert it to CDN$ on his calculator but therein lies the problem..

He explained that he goes by the rate of exchange of the US/CDN $ at the time he bought his stock. That is the rate of exchange he will use to sell it in CDN $ regardless of what present day rates are. The CDN $ has improved a lot lately, but it makes no difference. For example, right now they are using the rate of $1 US=$1.20 CDN on much of their ht stuff, whereas presently the market is trading at $1US=$1.08.

So instead of us canadians paying 12% more than the website price, we are paying 20% more. Then on top of that we pay 13% sales tax on whatever the total has come to.

So, the prices come out differently between the online store and the brick and mortar shop - about $15-30 CDN per figure, that adds up. I don't really blame him, he doesn't want to lose money, and he is very friendly and helpful. But if our $ is doing well, there are cheaper US places to shop. But anyway, my point really was that most people on this forum offer really fair prices for their MIB figures...so a lot of $ can be saved here... just MHO..

(sorry for the rambling post :eek: -major lack of sleep this week :google)

His prices online are US$, even for us canadians!:lol The problem then is that while his US price remains constant, his CDN price in-store does not match up to the current exchange rate...In the store he quotes me in US$ - but he is unable to process a charge in US$. He has to convert it to CDN$ on his calculator but therein lies the problem..

He explained that he goes by the rate of exchange of the US/CDN $ at the time he bought his stock. That is the rate of exchange he will use to sell it in CDN $ regardless of what present day rates are. The CDN $ has improved a lot lately, but it makes no difference. For example, right now they are using the rate of $1 US=$1.20 CDN on much of their ht stuff, whereas presently the market is trading at $1US=$1.08.

So instead of us canadians paying 12% more than the website price, we are paying 20% more. Then on top of that we pay 13% sales tax on whatever the total has come to.

So, the prices come out differently between the online store and the brick and mortar shop - about $15-30 CDN per figure, that adds up. I don't really blame him, he doesn't want to lose money, and he is very friendly and helpful. But if our $ is doing well, there are cheaper US places to shop. But anyway, my point really was that most people on this forum offer really fair prices for their MIB figures...so a lot of $ can be saved here... just MHO..

(sorry for the rambling post :eek: -major lack of sleep this week :google)

Not a ramble. Makes good sense. Often forget that we are in a hobby that stretches over the entire world. Manufactures, Stores, and Collectors.

:borg :borg :borg

img9748r.jpg

I just got my T-600 today. There're two rectangle holes in box just next to endo's legs but only the left hole have some parts kept in it. The right hole left empty, is that normal?

Riiiight! That's him. Wish I still have the money. I would love a chrome endo. OR maybe I can do it myself? Oh I dunno if I want to mess with something so delicate.

I'm not sure doing the chrome thing on the 700 textured endo wouldn't look like wrinkly tin foil. It may not come off right.

I just got my T-600 today. There're two rectangle holes in box just next to endo's legs but only the left hole have some parts kept in it. The right hole left empty, is that normal?

Perhaps that's for other versions with exclusive parts.

I'm not sure doing the chrome thing on the 700 textured endo wouldn't look like wrinkly tin foil. It may not come off right.

I actually considered doing this to my t700 - taking apart the endo (not sure exactly how) and sanding down all the texturing, and then doing an alcad or other type chrome job. but i've grown to like the endo as-is.

question to all - when in the movie do we actually see a t700? i assume the cgi arnold endo was a t800.

Back