Hot Toys Sucker Punch Babydoll, pics, FULL REVIEW NOW UP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Sucker Punch Babydoll, pics, full review up soon.

What are the proportions of this body compared to previous truetype females?

It's good to know that we also have a lot of girls in this forum.

It's good to know that we also have a lot of girls in this forum.

Girl Power!!!

ujspice.jpg

:lol

You realize you're looking at an action figure right?

So? It doesn't mean with the technological advances we have made today that they couldn't hammer out a better body. The male bodies are much better than their female counterparts. They have found ways to better hide joints and make things look less awkward, so I don't buy into this "it's just an action figure" theory. Especially when companies like Hot Toys take pride in selling that realism factor. Keep in mind it's 2012 and these figures range from 180-300 in price. I know they can do better.

Great poses! Nice to see how dynamic the range of motion can be!

As for the joints, the best seamless figs are still behind in articulation and range of motion so anyone who feels this fig is doing something wrong in that area has their expectations set higher than what is currently possible.

the only joint that really bugs me is the hand one
I will just have to put a bandage like the other hand

and don't worry Eli the Babydoll 2.0 will be made of real human skin
btw I do agree the legs are not perfect

:exactly:

Complaining about a figure because of joints is like complaining about a Woman because of Boobs

I suspect figures to have joints, but I don't have to like how unrealistic the poses get due to poorly executed joints. I seen muscular jointed bodies look much better when posed in extreme poses. I am not referring to the rubber bodies either. In the end of the day, these figures are trying to sell realism in their proportions be it in the body form or clothing and/or accessories. Their face sculpts have bloody pours. Going based on that logic, one would think that they would have fashioned a better (more realistic) female body by now. I believe we'll still get that, but I suppose that time is not now. I just don't like her in certain poses. I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. I am okay with that, but I am allowed to voice it, since this is a purpose of a forum. To have people discuss the topic, and not everyone is going to agree or like what the other person says. If I get her, which is yet to be determined, I'll keep her in a standing locked knee position.

they don't do enough females I guess to put more effort into bodies

Dangit. I might end up getting Babydoll. And I don't even like the movie. She looks awesome in Wookster's pics!

they don't do enough females I guess to put more effort into bodies

And that's my thoughts as well, but I have to laugh at the person who uses women and the fact they have boobs being a good comparison to my distaste of the joints on this figure. They just don't flatter this particular figure. Talk about comparing apples to oranges though. I wished they would have spent more time engineering a more realistic female body with proper shape, like they do with some of their male figures. Again, I love the head sculpt on this. The HS, clothing, and accessories are the strong points. Once a better female body comes along, I'll simply switch the parts out for that one. It will happen. These companies are always trying to outdo themselves with every release. What we accepted for head sculpts and clothing in 2001 was much different back then as well. We had people make the argument, they are just action figures. These companies have proven that things can be improved greatly... so don't shoot me down by saying, oh it's an action figure. 12" SideShow figure of 2001 say hello to the Hot Toys figure of today. Better yet, Cannibal Jack Sparrow (which was great when it was released), say hello to Jack Sparrow DX!

The only joint that looks way wrong are the knees when bent. Looks like she's missing kneecaps.

Knee joints are the only noticble ones, i don't see much being possible in the way of advancement to make them better looking while maintaining articulation :dunno

Hey now, Baby Spice in that school girl look was fricking hot! Fleshy chicks are so hot. Mmmmmm She had a cute body. I also thought Scary Spice was hot. Oh heck, they pretty much were all hot at what point in their lives. Now some of them just plain-out scare me.

Knee joints are the only noticble ones, i don't see much being possible in the way of advancement to make them better looking while maintaining articulation :dunno

Why do you care? Just accept my opinion. You have yours. I have mine. You won't convince me otherwise. :nana:

Girl Power!!!

ujspice.jpg

:lol

Just had a flashback to when I was living in an apartment on the ground floor whenever "Small Soldiers" came out on DVD. I was sitting in my recliner watching the movie with the sliding door open and right when they attempted "psychological warfare" by cranking the Spice Girls over the speakers a group of people my age walked by and couldn't help but turn at the sudden sound. Of course they couldn't see the TV so it looked like I was just some dumbass sitting by myself blasting "If you wannabe my lover" for the world to hear. :slap

On my customs - I add what are best described as "mini knee pads" to the existing knee joint in the front. It basically extends the knees out a little further than the original. I usually use foam. So when the leg is not bent - you don't notice anything. But when bent - the foam pad decompresses and fills in to make the knee areas more realistic looking.

There's always a way.

Back