1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look good but I am happy with the first 2-pack. Nice that others will finally be able to get some stormtroopers!

I don't think so at all. For one, the Stormtrooper has still been shown at recent cons, those other prototypes haven't. For two, this Stormtrooper was still listed as coming soon, those other prototypes weren't. For three, Hot Toys knows Stormtroopers are always going to be a huge seller that make them money, and I doubt they feel that way about those other prototypes.

I'd love to see that DST and Baze made too, but if you're expecting them as a result of this, you're likely going to be very disappointed.

If they don't think the DST will sell well, they don't know their market.

I don't need more Stormtroopers. I want the DST!!! And Baze.

And a Gonk.

i'm glad these are getting made. But these "suck it scalpers" posts are ridiculous. First of all, these are not the same troopers at all. It's a brand new release. And secondly the anh troopers came out ages ago, you are not entitled to buy everything you want in life at retail price whenever you please. Some things do actually appreciate in value.

Suck it scalpers!!!

Perhaps they changed this from the proto because they thought a true RotJ trooper would be too fugly for most and went with one based on the computer models from Battlefront?

I don't think so at all. For one, the Stormtrooper has still been shown at recent cons, those other prototypes haven't. For two, this Stormtrooper was still listed as coming soon, those other prototypes weren't. For three, Hot Toys knows Stormtroopers are always going to be a huge seller that make them money, and I doubt they feel that way about those other prototypes.

I'd love to see that DST and Baze made too, but if you're expecting them as a result of this, you're likely going to be very disappointed.

Ummm.....

Coming Soon.jpg

Can someone explain if there's a difference between Death Star Trooper and Gunner?

Because didn't HT already release a gunner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Google is your friend....

DS Trooper is the one with the big helmet (and console)

1125x682_previewbanner_DeathStarTrooper.jpg

star-wars-death-star-gunner-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902803-09.jpg

I think the issue with DST is selling multiples, which could be a problem with picky collectors as they are not masked.

Although plenty would buy because of the console I guess. I always thought I could do a good scene with K2SO and that console.....oh well I guess we get the troopers for the scene now. Maybe they're just working up to it :lol

More Stormtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Sandtroopers and Gonk droids.

Give them all to me.

Odd man here I know. But having owned 5 of those led backdrops-...well, unless, you just want one to compliment your Luke stormy, I’d say go for the regular.
The stands are not that versitile, only good when seen from the front, and lit up. You literally have to have them on all the time to not look like hunks of plastic. Side view of the stands is LOL.

I'll probably pick 2 up since I missed out on the first release. Or, if the first release goes cheaper on the bay will just pick those up instead. I don't know the ends and outs of the armors so just having some type of regular Stormtrooper on display is enough for me

:clap ....... So glad they are finally releasing a new Stormtrooper. I too am tired of looking for a deal on an original ANH version.

Man, 2019 is gonna be expensive if I pick up all the HT SW figures I want..

So far definite buys were Maul (still procrastinating on with or w/o speeder) & R2, now I think I gotta add this guy since I passed too many times on the original and eventually settled on a RO Stormtrooper for a great price (below retail). And I am still contemplating the Emperor, Royal Guard, EP II Yoda & Dooku.

One can never have too many Stormies, and this guy will make #5 HT, along with my 2 Marmits. And glad each I have will be unique enough with different looking helmets (except Shadowtrooper).

I'm good for a regular. Don't need the stand unless I had multiples. And it does appear the deluxe figure has a little more weathering on the armor and helmet here and there if you look closely at the photos.

I'm glad these are getting made. But these "suck it scalpers" posts are ridiculous. First of all, these are not the same troopers at all. It's a brand new release. And secondly the ANH troopers came out ages ago, you are not entitled to buy everything you want in life at retail price whenever you please. Some things do actually appreciate in value.

With respect, you're very confused. Scalpers are not retailers. They interfere in the retail process by buying up stock of figures they don't want, adding no value and then selling them on.

If scalpers didn't exist, more figures would be available to collectors and the prices would be lower because retailers would lower them to clear inventory.

Back