Hot Toys Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away for a little while - just saw the Enterbay/Medicom Luke (which frankly looks like garbage... well maybe not garbage but not a great sculpt for $300)...

Could it be that Lucasfilm is pitting both company teams against each other? Enterbay/Medicom vs Hot Toys/Sideshow?

I hope Hot Toys is still planning to do these...

Lucasfilm is only concerned with one thing: MONEY. If they are able to whore out the line to Hot Toys they will.

Poor people hate George Lucas.

You should lighten up. The first of the month was only a week ago. You ought to have some of the check left. Go buy some oxy's. You know you'll feel better.

Lucasfilm is only concerned with one thing: MONEY. If they are able to whore out the line to Hot Toys they will.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking as well. Normally it might not make sense to pit two (or in this case, four) companies marketing essentially the same product against each other... but then again, this is Star Wars. No doubt Lucasfilm will come out on top regardless, and hopefully the fans as well (though I hope Hot Toys doesn't decide it can rest on its laurels after seeing that Enterbay/Medicom sculpt).

It will be awesome indeed; however I'm afraid some of us will quit collecting then.

We started with Hasbro, then we got all exited about Sideshow and we basically throw away our Hasbro collection to get the improve Sideshow line and now...?

Hot Toys figures look better than Sideshow, so if we start getting the same character now with Hot Toys I'm afraid I will not be able to afford it any more. Hasbro was cheap and easy...Sideshow not so much.

If Hot Toys is getting the licence they should concentrate in new characters, which I doubt greatly, so basically if Sideshow stops making Star Wars toys I will probably stop collecting too since I will not be able to afford a whole new improve line of same characters. :gah:

I would not mind DX versions of...

ANH - Leia Organa
ESB - Han Solo
ROTJ - Jedi Luke

And a Chewbacca for all three.

Thanks Hot Toys. You can go now. :duff

I just want them to announce what their plans are sooner rather than later. 2010 was a long year of waiting for news on things. Look at the Reeveites. Still frothing at the mouth. Every second post on HT's Facebook page is about the guy.

It will be awesome indeed; however I'm afraid some of us will quit collecting then.

We started with Hasbro, then we got all exited about Sideshow and we basically throw away our Hasbro collection to get the improve Sideshow line and now...?

Hot Toys figures look better than Sideshow, so if we start getting the same character now with Hot Toys I'm afraid I will not be able to afford it any more. Hasbro was cheap and easy...Sideshow not so much.

If Hot Toys is getting the licence they should concentrate in new characters, which I doubt greatly, so basically if Sideshow stops making Star Wars toys I will probably stop collecting too since I will not be able to afford a whole new improve line of same characters. :gah:

Sideshows' aliens and troopers are fantastic. TBH all I'd be looking for from Hot Toys is Chewie, 3-PO, Jedi Luke, Bespin Han and Hoth Leia.

I would love a Vader, missed out on the sideshow one. I've also seen some people complain about the size of his helmet too. I wouldn't want empire version or jedi version and not the New Hope version.

I got rid of all but 5 (ROTS: ANAKIN, OBI, 501 Clone. Empire: Luke. New Hope: Leai ).of my sideshow figs. I wouldn't mind getting a better version of any of those other than the clone, He's perfectly fine in my book.

I would love to get rid of my Sideshow figures at this point, I'll be the first to admit I went fanboy and bought everything which is a regret right now but I probably won't even get retail for the majority. :(

So IF Hot Toys actually ends up doing Star Wars, I definitely will be more selective.

I would love to get rid of my Sideshow figures at this point, I'll be the first to admit I went fanboy and bought everything which is a regret right now but I probably won't even get retail for the majority. :(

So IF Hot Toys actually ends up doing Star Wars, I definitely will be more selective.

Ditto. I bought up to the first 10 I think. I had to get rid of most due to financial reasons or wanted something else and I need the money to get it. I only got what I paid for on about 1/3 of all of the ones I got rid off. I made a profit on the endor soldier when I sould him though. I got him for $12 at hastings and sold for $15. On clone commander Kenobi I actually got him for $24.99 at hastings and ended up just returning him. I don't know why but I just did.

I have been close to dumping the ones I still have but the only one I would get back what I paid for is the 501 clone. Still on the fence about it though.

Yeah, I had all of them at one point myself. Thats why I sold most off and am now just concentrating basically on Clones.

Though I don't know if I agree with Pix that HT being selective is a good thing. I can see them passing on some characters that SS would be willing to do or that they have.

Yeah, I had all of them at one point myself. Thats why I sold most off and am now just concentrating basically on Clones.

Though I don't know if I agree with Pix that HT being selective is a good thing. I can see them passing on some characters that SS would be willing to do or that they have.

SS's model definitely has it's place. But for those of us who have discovered over the years that what we really want are the core characters, extremely well done, HT's model is far more attractive to eye (potentially) and the wallet.

SS's model definitely has it's place. But for those of us who have discovered over the years that what we really want are the core characters, extremely well done, HT's model is far more attractive to eye (potentially) and the wallet.

I think with SS model its pretty easy to still be selective. Its called show a bit of restraint and not buy everything you see. Don't blame the company for putting stuff out blame yourself for not being able to say no.

I think with SS model its pretty easy to still be selective. Its called show a bit of restraint and not buy everything you see. Don't blame the company for putting stuff out blame yourself for not being able to say no.

Doesn't no mean yes? lol. or is that why I keep getting into problems? :dunno

True, eventually I learned to do that. had no choice, my wallet was hurting too much.

I just want to see what Hot Toys would do with Chewie. That would be an instant buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back