1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole fig looks like an early proto honestly... at least, one would hope. The clothing seems way too plain, even for white cloth.. idk. It seems kind of like the original proto for Ahch-To Luke they had at comic-con where the shirt wasn't textured yet, wrong HS, different feet, etc.

Hoping they make some adjustments because I think in the film it looks great.

Got a pic of the proto? Is it in the TFA Rey thread?

Was a few years ago now, probably in the thread but I couldn't be 100% sure.

Wouldn't want you to trail through the thread for nothing but the pic is worth seeing.

The Finn proto was shown around the same time and was a lot, lot better than what came to market as well.

I always thought they were holding back the best likeness so there was a reason to buy more figures of the same character.

You always expect some drop off from proto but...

With her outfits all being quite similar the head sculpts should have had an evolution.

They use prototype for PO shots, right? Or do you mean earlier comic con prototypes?

As a side note, I am glad this turned out off, otherwise I would be undecided between this and TFA figure.

It was the head on a stick proto.

That likeness never made it to publicity shots or the figure itself.

I'm really disappointed, some recent HT Star Wars, Anakin, Dooku, Yoda have been top notch.

This just seems like a regression to ANH Luke and Han where if you turn all your lights off and look at your figures by moonlight..

The likeness really shines.

Hair is Rey, face is not. And this is at its best as it's a prototype.
Also, seems like armwraps are plastic.
I really like the design of this outfit, but TFA costume is more unique to me.

This, the scowl is all wrong. The SW HT curse again.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Doesn't seem quite as bad here, but still needs improvement. And I'm starting to think it's the large mouth which is throwing things off more than anything else.

reeey.jpg

Definitely better there and the head on a stick pic from the previous page. But yeah, the likeness is off in the official pics. I'm also wary of the rubber arms. I know Gamora had some major tears on the arms. Have they gotten any better with subsequent figures?

Otherwise I'm in. I'm a big fan of the sequels and have the other 2 Reys. Gotta complete the set! And I'm looking forward to seeing more figures from TROS.

Well, I think I'll be adding a third Rey to the collection. I REALLY dig this white outfit, especially with the hood. BUT, I do hope there are some changes. I like the look on her face, but agree the sculpt seems a little off. And I REALLY wish we'd get a second smiling portrait. Although Rey is often determined and serious, she also smiles and takes joy in things. It's one of the great things about her. I'd love to be able to represent that in figure form. But I know that's probably too much to wish for from HT these days. I also think a wire in her hood would not be amiss. Maybe it's supposed to dangle that way but it just looks odd.

This will sell as well as the other figure with BB8. Which is still available I think at BBTS.

Still hurts I paid full price for TFA. Tho so far like it the best. Personally this costume reminds me of the worshipers of Thulsa Doom esp. the hood.

Tho it's nice HT is giving her an expression if u are collecting all.

Sculpt look a bit better in that Secret Base image, but when I look at it, I still see the facial features of Christine Baranski, the actress who played Leonard’s mother on TBBT.

leonards-mom-does-not-approve-the-big-bang-theory-s9e24.jpg

I was fine with the sculpt originally. But the more I look at it, the more it seems kind of horse faced.

Which Vogue desert shoot did Melania wander away from?:dunno That backpack, that hood, those pants...:slap

sex-and-the-city-movie.jpg

rs_600x600-150328095639-600.Kim-Kardashian-Dubai.jl.032815_copy.jpg

Between this RIDICULOUS Melania Trump ensemble and Jannah's Pat Benatar music video outfit, this movie looks to be primed for a Golden Raspberry for costume design alone.

While I like Rey just fine, there still hasn't been anything in any of the films that has made me say "I've gotta get a Rey figure." That being said I really think TROS will be her time to really shine, and I think this could be an awesome figure if they got the face right. But based on most of the pictures it's not even close.

Last edited:
Back