1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTFLMAO its funny because its true. Those Mark 46 people are really super freakin' obnoxious, like we have not had 475,585 Iron Man releases and yet they are still complaining for more.

Then they will b***h about why it is $60 more than the last one.

I hope they make a new R2. I should've bought the deluxe in 2018/19, now it is around $600. Insane.

You know with all the Kuiil demand, they are going to pack that sucker with some cutting tools, another Grogu and a bunch of rocks. You will pay for those rocks. You will.

I hope they make a new R2. I should've bought the deluxe in 2018/19, now it is around $600. Insane.

You know with all the Kuiil demand, they are going to pack that sucker with some cutting tools, another Grogu and a bunch of rocks. You will pay for those rocks. You will.

Yeah, I regret not getting Artoo as well. Don't even remember why I held off.

I'm hoping the Mando Luke will end up being a two-pack with a new Artoo.

I would like both as well. I was thrilled to see the unmade season one characters haven't been forgotten but there won't be any real sense of relief until we get preorders. I am still waiting to order blurrgs until Kuiil is available officially.

Ditto. I hate HT being *gamey*. Not to mention I haven't even gotten IG in yet, so don't feel like rushing to order anything with all the production and port delays.

Chances of this dropping tonight? Hunter is probably the most likely, but surely Kuiil would outsell the Artillery Trooper. Possibly still too early for that season 2 Mando release, and surely they'd have released Mando Luke on May 4th if he was imminent.

And then, I am gonna throw those rocks out like someone else here who likes to throw out accessories. This is the Way! [I'm just teasing, person who does that. You are free to throw out your stuff. You're going to get ribbed a bit about it tho. That's also the Way.]

Still trying to get my head around that Ahsoka lantern that does not light up. Hot Toys makes some odd decisions, I got to say it.

Kuill is gonna be $250+

And then, I am gonna throw those rocks out like someone else here who likes to throw out accessories. This is the Way! [I'm just teasing, person who does that. You are free to throw out your stuff. You're going to get ribbed a bit about it tho. That's also the Way.]

Still trying to get my head around that Ahsoka lantern that does not light up. Hot Toys makes some odd decisions, I got to say it.

Kuill is gonna be $250+

Yep with Blurrg definitely :lol

Nah, but seriously. They know he won't sell in volumes like Iron Man or Ahsoka, plus that headsculpt. But he is small and what accessories ?

So for a single figure I'd guess in the $230-250 tier range. Rocket was about $220 I believe.

I think you all are correct that this will be in the $225-250 range. At the end of the day, I wonder how much cheaper it is to make a smaller figure like Rocket or Kuiil. Sure the material is less, but I have no idea how much cost is material, how much is R&D, design, marketing, labor, etc. It may very well be that the cost to create difference is quite marginal. If someone knows, I'd definitely be curious.

I think you all are correct that this will be in the $225-250 range. At the end of the day, I wonder how much cheaper it is to make a smaller figure like Rocket or Kuiil. Sure the material is less, but I have no idea how much cost is material, how much is R&D, design, marketing, labor, etc. It may very well be that the cost to create difference is quite marginal. If someone knows, I'd definitely be curious.

I don't know for sure but just being in fandom for a while, the materials are usually the cheapest parts. Plastic is nothing in the grand scheme of things. A figure like Kuiil or Wicket definitely cost them more money to make than a Stormtrooper since there's more unique molds even if the body's plastic volume is less. More sewing for the outfits. Painting a head is done by hand so it's the most labor intensive and assumed to be one of the most.

I definitely want a Kuiil and will pay for him gladly. I hope they pack him with whatever accessories/tools he used. They can give him the tea tray for IG-11.

Well looking at it logically.

* Headsculpt is the same as a full sized figure.
* Clothing (for Kuiil) is more or less the same as a full size figure. He has some of that fancy printed material for his scarf and top I believe which can't be super cheap.
* The body is smaller, but bodies in that size don't run in high volumes like the standard bodies, so price may be comparable to a standard body.
* Who knows what accessories they could/would give him but they could add some more $$.
* Box and shipping costs are the same as a full size figure.

So in the end (in this situation :lol), size doesn't seem to matter much at all.

Kuill is gonna be $250+

That "DX" Ahsoka lantern is definitely one of the laziest accessories HT has produced. Which is pretty annoying because that lantern could have been a pretty cool and useful accessory in low light, especially for dio builders.

Kuiil is one figure I wouldn't mind getting gouged on. So put him up for $255 Hot Toys, I dare you.

There was podcast a couple years with 3 or 4 people talking about 1/6 related things one guy was in manufacturing (i don't remember which company) and another was trying to get into the business and making figures. The one trying to get in thought smaller would be cheaper to make and he said he found out there is no real difference and the guy who had been doing it for years agreed.

Back