1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but I was talking about length.

I did notice on yesterdays Sideshow panel thing that they had metal pins under the feet to make sure it wouldn't fall off the stand. Wonder if that was just for the proto or what ? But it would be pretty precarious with Mando sitting on top.

I'd guess he'll need the pins on the retail release too. The extra rock bits on his base would be to allow for longer pins for better stability. Really wish he was free standing, but I guess that's a tough one for a creature designed the way it is.
All that said, the extra rock pieces look really awkward. They should've made the taller rocks one long piece instead of individual moon boots

Yep count me in the holding pattern group. I'm not budging until I see Kuiil preorder screen.

Don't know if I won't budge 'coz I want at least one blurrg....but I'd rather have Kuiil + blurrg then hand over an NRD for cancelling a single blurrg.

I wouldn't mind 2 blurrgs, just don't know if I can swing it.

For me, Kuiil was the highlight in an otherwise underwhelming May the 4th reveal. I?m only slightly tempted by the Blurgg if they release Kuiil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geez. You guys are worried over nothing.

Kuiil will be released as single pack and in a set with a Blurrg.

Hot Toys isn’t going to miss out on easy money.

Really hope you're right. He died in S1 so I was concerned HT would just move on.

The Blurrg is not as cool of a creature design (that fish head...:lol) as stuff like the Dewback, Tauntaun or the Mudhorn but not sure Kuiil would be quite as cool without the Blurrg. Kuiil riding really would be such an awesome SW-vibe display.

Which is why they never released a differently-colored Sandtrooper, right?

Especially as HT has been very consistent with teasing Mando figures and putting them up for PO. They know right now most things Mando sell, so I don’t think Kuiil will be one figure that never gets released.

If this goes up for PO this will be an expensive one for me. I'll probably get two Blurrgs plus a Mando so you could have them riding side by side.

The Blurrg feet on those rock columns might look weird with two side by side though. Not a fan of those "rock stools" the Blurrg is perched on.

Given HT's record with pleather, I'm hoping his backpack is sculpted. You can't really tell if its pleather or sculpted plastic even in a pretty detailed pic.

wzQxQZl.png

If this goes up for PO this will be an expensive one for me. I'll probably get two Blurrgs plus a Mando so you could have them riding side by side.

The Blurrg feet on those rock columns might look weird with two side by side though. Not a fan of those "rock stools" the Blurrg is perched on.

Given HT's record with pleather, I'm hoping his backpack is sculpted. You can't really tell if its pleather or sculpted plastic even in a pretty detailed pic.

wzQxQZl.png

That is pleather in that pic. Thanks for posting, it's the best look I have seen at his pack.

I don’t know. That pack looks molded to me. The wrinkles and stitch line are too detailed to be real pleather in that scale. His pack perfectly matches the smaller belt pouches, gloves, cap and boots too and those are for sure molded plastic.

I don?t know. That pack looks molded to me. The wrinkles and stitch line are too detailed to be real pleather in that scale. His pack perfectly matches the smaller belt pouches, gloves, cap and boots too and those are for sure molded plastic.

Now I'm second guessing:lol

If that is molded I'm impressed with the texture. Those oddly shaped wrinkles are pretty impressive detail for molded too. I'll be happy just to get him preordered either way but like Tali I would prefer molded.

Now I'm second guessing:lol

If that is molded I'm impressed with the texture. Those oddly shaped wrinkles are pretty impressive detail for molded too. I'll be happy just to get him preordered either way but like Tali I would prefer molded.

Looks molded based on the strap around it. IMO

But... hmm now I?m second guessing too. :doh:

Let’s all just call it molded pleather. :1-1:

:lol

Back