1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frommmmm 2004 when asked about Brick not being a "mainstream" movie. But I guess context isn't important here.:rotfl

I wanna be a popular here too so:

You are correct. He used the same approach with Star Wars. Context does matter and I didn’t think I had to spell it out for you buuuuutttttt.....I guess I do.

Good luck being popular with that attitude. My post was merely trying to point out the fact that both sides can’t even have a conversation without devolving into parochial thought vomit. You just proved my point for me. Again.

I never said I hated TLJ. I don’t know why you think I do. I’m just saying that there is a massive divide over this movie and it’s because of RJ. Whether you like the movie or not or whether you like the fact that there is a divide or not it’s still a fact that RJ is responsible for this movie and this divide. I thought it was obvious. Everyone gets so defensive.

You are correct. He used the same approach with Star Wars.

I don't know that that's something you can definitively state. The guy that shook each and every fan's hand who was waiting in line at the Last Jedi Celebration panel didn't strike me as the type who was secretly looking forward to upsetting half of them. I think that he genuinely thought that the best way to excite people 9 films into the Saga would be by catching them off guard in a way that wasn't happened since 1980. If you read some of his earliest reactions to the fan divide he even stated that he initially questioned whether he had done something wrong with the movie.

If he had set out from the get go-to polarize the fanbase then he wouldn't have been surprised or second guessed himself because it would have been "all part of the plan." His earlier video from 2004 or 2005 about thinking that the best movies are the ones that half the audience hate does definitely add fuel to the fire though. I personally just think it was just a huge coincidence. It always seems to ruffle his feathers when someone brings up Kylo's "let old things die" line as being the theme of the movie when in his mind it was the villain's motivation but not his. I can't help but recognize that he really swung for the fences and took genuine risks many times over (to a fault obviously) and don't fault him for that because a good number of his risks and ideas played out quite well on-screen IMO.

You are correct. He used the same approach with Star Wars. Context does matter and I didn’t think I had to spell it out for you buuuuutttttt.....I guess I do.

Good luck being popular with that attitude. My post was merely trying to point out the fact that both sides can’t even have a conversation without devolving into parochial thought vomit. You just proved my point for me. Again.

I never said I hated TLJ. I don’t know why you think I do. I’m just saying that there is a massive divide over this movie and it’s because of RJ. Whether you like the movie or not or whether you like the fact that there is a divide or not it’s still a fact that RJ is responsible for this movie and this divide. I thought it was obvious. Everyone gets so defensive.

Lol where is the proof in that? My point was that you guys like to reach endlessly and then claim it as fact. That interview from 2004 had nothing to do with Star Wars, and believe it or not he does not approach every film or tv episode the same way. When I met him at SWC he was super kind to everyone, very excited about wanting to make the best Star Wars film he could make. Many people may not like his film, but I think it would in fact be reaching (frankly to the point of just wanting to find things to dislike about him) to say that he wanted half of the people to hate TLJ because of something he said about Brick specifically 13-14 years prior.

And why is it that me making fun of the people who spew hatred towards Rian is "devolving into parochial thought vomit", but not the people who endlessly post how much they hate the dude and post as much out of context stuff to justify their hate for them (like you did) is totally cool?

Yes, Rian is responsible for the events in TLJ, just as JJ is for the events in TFA (which people seem to blame Rian for now). That doesn't mean he wanted anyone to dislike it. If you would like to find the quote where he specifically says he wanted people to hate TLJ then you are more than welcome to use that to back up your claim :)

Oh and btw, here's your other comment a couple pages back:

This thread is a perfect example of what Rian’s intentions were with this film. He wanted people to love and hate it. We can’t even agree if it was a decent film or not besides all the politics. It has truly divided the fandom in two. Both sides can not see the other sides points of view.

I think Ryan won this round. He is laughing all the way to the bank and doesn’t give a **** about Star Wars or the fans. If we keep fighting amongst ourselves the terrorist wins.

Let’s just agree to disagree and talk about the figure eh?

So you're not only saying that he wanted people to hate it on something totally taken out of context, but you're also saying he doesn't give a **** about Star Wars or fans and that he's "the terrorist". But I guess that's just civil conversation on your part.

This website is honestly full of hypocrites. Tons of people post endlessly about how much they hate Rian or how he ruined Star Wars, how KK does this or that, agendas la de da - and then when they get called out on it they go "gee why cant we just talk about the figure? I never said anything!". Don't dish it if you can't take it. Maybe if you want people to stick to talking about the figure, you should do the same instead of going off about how Rian is "the terrorist".

All right, here ya go...

1PqMqYg.jpg

:monkey3:lol

LOL :rotfl

Lol where is the proof in that? My point was that you guys like to reach endlessly and then claim it as fact. That interview from 2004 had nothing to do with Star Wars, and believe it or not he does not approach every film or tv episode the same way. When I met him at SWC he was super kind to everyone, very excited about wanting to make the best Star Wars film he could make. Many people may not like his film, but I think it would in fact be reaching (frankly to the point of just wanting to find things to dislike about him) to say that he wanted half of the people to hate TLJ because of something he said about Brick specifically 13-14 years prior.

And why is it that me making fun of the people who spew hatred towards Rian is "devolving into parochial thought vomit", but not the people who endlessly post how much they hate the dude and post as much out of context stuff to justify their hate for them (like you did) is totally cool?

Yes, Rian is responsible for the events in TLJ, just as JJ is for the events in TFA (which people seem to blame Rian for now). That doesn't mean he wanted anyone to dislike it. If you would like to find the quote where he specifically says he wanted people to hate TLJ then you are more than welcome to use that to back up your claim :)

So you're not only saying that he wanted people to hate it on something totally taken out of context, but you're also saying he doesn't give a **** about Star Wars or fans and that he's "the terrorist". But I guess that's just civil conversation on your part.

This website is honestly full of hypocrites. Tons of people post endlessly about how much they hate Rian or how he ruined Star Wars, how KK does this or that, agendas la de da - and then when they get called out on it they go "gee why cant we just talk about the figure? I never said anything!". Don't dish it if you can't take it. Maybe if you want people to stick to talking about the figure, you should do the same instead of going off about how Rian is "the terrorist".

I don't rate either director tbh.

I think RO is fantastic and Solo is quite good in parts, though not as memorable as it should have been. Still watchable though.

TFA is just a series of unanswered questions that are then passed onto another director who appeared to have no cohesion with the previous, and what we got was a mess imo.

I have no problem if people enjoy or dislike a film. It's a ficticious story in the same way a graphic novel or game can be.

The OT films were life affirming moments for my generation. They just hit the right mark consistently at a time when there was nothing else of that grandeur out there.

That level of awe will never truely be captured again, but Rogue One proved that Disney can still make a great Star Wars movie.

But hey, good company I guess since Hamill himself falls into that category.

I'm sure I'll just be labelled an apologist, but I always understood Hamill's "Jake Skywalker" comment to have been his initial response to the script. But after working with Rian, and on the film, he was as enthusiastic with the direction of the character as any of us who enjoyed the film.

But again, context.

That quote about him being a terrorist was tongue and cheek. A joke. If you can’t take a joke maybe you should rethink some things.

And he has attached many fans calling them racist or sexist even when they had legitimate criticisms of the film so yes he is dividing the fans directly. At least that’s the way I see it. Saying that anyone who didn’t like the film was a man baby still living in their parents basement isn’t the way you should treat your customers.

I actually enjoyed it the first time I watched it. I thought the cinematography was beautiful. Every shot seems like a visual work of art. It had some decent action and the acting was superb.

My criticism came from some specific things in the movie but more from his reaction to people who spoke on those criticisms.

Last edited:
In defence of Rian's Twitter responses, how much vitriol would any of us be expected to endure before we responded similarly? I read terrible things posted about the man, forget about the movie, before he made any questionable responses (which I'm not denying he did).

... Oh, and I'm leaning towards pre-ordering this figure too. I had been tempted to pick up Han and Leia as well (two I'd happily pass on if Crait Luke wasn't an option), but figure instead this Luke might pair well, strangely, with ROTS Kenobi (which I'd been tempted by anyway).

Frommmmm 2004 when asked about Brick not being a "mainstream" movie. But I guess context isn't important here.:rotfl

rian suxors he ruined my childhood and i cry every night. I usually draft angry letters in GREEN crayon to rian to let him know that luke should've used his GREEN saber instead of blue (wtf was that stupid libtard thinking), but usually my angr tears end up dripping on it when i'm 17 pages deep and i have to start over. Soooo I have yet to get one in the mail BUT JUST YOU WAIT RIAN. my son and i actually have the same bday I turned 40 and he just turned 8. We were going to have a family bday party but he said he wanted to watch TLJ so I disowned him immediately BUT NOT BEFORE I had him sit in the corner and write "jake skywalker" 1000 times in blood which is the amount of times I would rather eat **** than ever watch TLJ ever again in my life. After my wife kicked me out for abandoning our SJW son in the woods, I found my new home in a refrigerator box behind starbucks. The wifi here isn't very good but it's still better than canto bight. I've been researching how Rian through away EVERYTHING JJ Abrams setup so wonderfullyyyy that I NEVER complaind about when TFA came out. Some apologists tried to send me interviews where jj said he and rian had talked and he read rian's script and it was all the same with what they were thinking from dec 2015 but THAT MUST BE FAKE. so I am currently writing JJ abrams a letter using torn out letters from magazines in the starbucks dumpster. i hope it doesnt look too much like a ransom letter. I was going to get upset about mass shootings and stuff but this is much more important. im letting JJ know that if he wants my $$$$$$ he better bring luke back to life and luke has to have at LEAST 27 minutes STRAIGHT (not gay) of him killing peopl with his green saber because that is what is in character for Luke, not stupid the lest jedi. Also dont worry everyone I have mentioned that snoke needs to come back as darth platypus and that there must be a 42 minute flashback explaining HOW he got that way and also where maz got luke's lightsaber WHICH IS RIANS FAULT NOT JJ (lord n savior). if JJ does not do these things he will be a ***kin hack and i will refuse to see his bad movie which at point i will begin to call him jarjar abrams which i have never ever ever called him before especially after TFA came out. also dont worry i've cc'd kelly marie tran and daisy ridley letting them know the only place they should be in star wars is dex's diner making obi-wan his food during his kenobi trilogy which wOULD BE MADE IF KATHLLEENN KENNEDY WOULD GET FIRED and HANDED TO DAVE FILONI who has never done anything live action and rebels has some wacky ass **** BUT i dont care because hes more of a man than KK will ever be. it's beginning to rain so I must end my post and put away my 15k collection of dolls before they get dirty. ps not my luke skywalker #notmyluke2018

You are one of the most oddly wired human beings I've ever witnessed...

...and clearly have FAR too much time on your hands.

I totally agree. There are many fragile people on this forum who are incapable of dealing with differing opinions in a civil manner.

You wrote that in agreement with the person who wrote this post?:

rian suxors he ruined my childhood and i cry every night. I usually draft angry letters in GREEN crayon to rian to let him know that luke should've used his GREEN saber instead of blue (wtf was that stupid libtard thinking), but usually my angr tears end up dripping on it when i'm 17 pages deep and i have to start over. Soooo I have yet to get one in the mail BUT JUST YOU WAIT RIAN. my son and i actually have the same bday I turned 40 and he just turned 8. We were going to have a family bday party but he said he wanted to watch TLJ so I disowned him immediately BUT NOT BEFORE I had him sit in the corner and write "jake skywalker" 1000 times in blood which is the amount of times I would rather eat **** than ever watch TLJ ever again in my life. After my wife kicked me out for abandoning our SJW son in the woods, I found my new home in a refrigerator box behind starbucks. The wifi here isn't very good but it's still better than canto bight. I've been researching how Rian through away EVERYTHING JJ Abrams setup so wonderfullyyyy that I NEVER complaind about when TFA came out. Some apologists tried to send me interviews where jj said he and rian had talked and he read rian's script and it was all the same with what they were thinking from dec 2015 but THAT MUST BE FAKE. so I am currently writing JJ abrams a letter using torn out letters from magazines in the starbucks dumpster. i hope it doesnt look too much like a ransom letter. I was going to get upset about mass shootings and stuff but this is much more important. im letting JJ know that if he wants my $$$$$$ he better bring luke back to life and luke has to have at LEAST 27 minutes STRAIGHT (not gay) of him killing peopl with his green saber because that is what is in character for Luke, not stupid the lest jedi. Also dont worry everyone I have mentioned that snoke needs to come back as darth platypus and that there must be a 42 minute flashback explaining HOW he got that way and also where maz got luke's lightsaber WHICH IS RIANS FAULT NOT JJ (lord n savior). if JJ does not do these things he will be a ***kin hack and i will refuse to see his bad movie which at point i will begin to call him jarjar abrams which i have never ever ever called him before especially after TFA came out. also dont worry i've cc'd kelly marie tran and daisy ridley letting them know the only place they should be in star wars is dex's diner making obi-wan his food during his kenobi trilogy which wOULD BE MADE IF KATHLLEENN KENNEDY WOULD GET FIRED and HANDED TO DAVE FILONI who has never done anything live action and rebels has some wacky ass **** BUT i dont care because hes more of a man than KK will ever be. it's beginning to rain so I must end my post and put away my 15k collection of dolls before they get dirty. ps not my luke skywalker #notmyluke2018

I'm guessing if you look up "fragile" in the dictionary, they may be adding this post as an example.:lol This is about as "incapable of dealing with differing opinions in a civil manner" as it gets.

I've found it funny for the past 10 months that everywhere the "so-called" TLJ debate bitterly erupts (which is everywhere TLJ is discussed - TLJ has become an open can of gasoline for SW fandom) there seems to be this idea that its only those who didn't like TLJ that are uncivil and running off at the mouth, and there's these "can't we get these people outta here and return to normality?" type comments. When the reality is, it's often rabid koo-koo time on both sides.:dunno:lol

I ordered this. Can’t wait till next year!!!!! I want to order two of them and keep one in the box. Just not sure if by then episode 9 Luke Skywalker will be revealed by hot toys...wouldn’t want to waste yet another NRD..lol

I really like this figure tho; the idea of what Luke Skywalker idealized himself as. Kind of like the perfect Jedi. Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wrote that in agreement with the person who wrote this post?:

I'm guessing if you look up "fragile" in the dictionary, they may be adding this post as an example.:lol This is about as "incapable of dealing with differing opinions in a civil manner" as it gets, with a nice twist of crazy-town added in for good measure.

I've found it funny for the past 10 months that everywhere the "so-called" TLJ debate bitterly erupts (which is everywhere TLJ is discussed - TLJ has become an open can of gasoline for SW fandom) there seems to be this idea that its only those who didn't like TLJ that are uncivil and running off at the mouth, and there's these "can't we get these people outta here and return to normality?" type comments. When the reality is, it's often rabid koo-koo time on both sides.:dunno:lol

You should also look up satire while you're at it! :monkey3

I don’t get The Last Jedi debate... Luke clearly said, “You’re wrong. I’m not the last jedi.” What’s to debate.
jk

That quote about him being a terrorist was tongue and cheek. A joke. If you can’t take a joke maybe you should rethink some things.

And he has attached many fans calling them racist or sexist even when they had legitimate criticisms of the film so yes he is dividing the fans directly. At least that’s the way I see it. Saying that anyone who didn’t like the film was a man baby still living in their parents basement isn’t the way you should treat your customers.

I actually enjoyed it the first time I watched it. I thought the cinematography was beautiful. Every shot seems like a visual work of art. It had some decent action and the acting was superb.

My criticism came from some specific things in the movie but more from his reaction to people who spoke on those criticisms.

I'd be interested to see any direct responses where he is insulting people who are civilly saying they dislike the movie. From what I've seen on Twitter, he has had no issue with people who don't like the movie. The only people he has responded to are the ones specifically saying really ****** things and actually being racist/sexist/etc, which is a small % of the fans (regardless of if they like or dislike the movie). The ones I recall are the video of an adult tearing apart an action figure of Rey while screaming that he hates her and hope she, Daisy Ridley, and Disney die. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a legitimate criticism lol. I really haven't seen him say anything rude or backhanded to anyone that didn't like the movie and wasn't being obnoxiously douchey about it. If anything, he's posted quite a few "I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it and you shouldn't be attacked for that" to people who were being attacked by others for disliking the movie.

I'm guessing if you look up "fragile" in the dictionary, they may be adding this post as an example.:lol This is about as "incapable of dealing with differing opinions in a civil manner" as it gets.

Btw Talibane, just want to respond to this real quick -

Why is it that you have no issue with people ranting about how much they hate the people that work on Star Wars and how they want them to burn/die, think they're terrorists, etc. and so on and so forth? Is that what you consider civil? I have never once seen you call out anyone for acting in such a way.

This place is an echo-chamber of people who spew hateful rants towards the actual people instead of the movie, and you and your buddies never have an issue until one of you gets called out, at which point it's suddenly "immature".

Anyway, sorry to interrupt. Please get back to letting us know how much y'all hate Rian Johnson and LFL and refuse to support them, but will still buy a $200 doll from his movie anyway.

Hello everyone. :wave

I just want to reiterate that I liked TLJ and I dig this figure.

That is all.

Goodbye everyone. :wave

Hello everyone. :wave

I just want to reiterate that I liked TLJ and I dig this figure.

That is all.

Goodbye everyone. :wave

Wasn’t a bad movie in its own right but I guess I was expecting something Disney just doesn’t won’t to give. The rights were sold and now there are different rules.

The figure is awesome, not the best likeness and Im surprised at hot toys for this but still a 9 out of 10 I’d say. The movies in their own right and liberties a 9 out of 10 but the movies under the actual Star Wars rights definitely about a 4.5 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back