1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 1/6th scale Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Star Wars: The Last Ledi - 1/6th scale Leia Organa

This NRD with Sw is crap- not going to do it- wait until released since they are so far in the future

Preorder up at SSC $220

$22 NRD

Jan-Mar 2019

That's a long wait. Especially with an NRD.

1 year is the typical lead time these days. However more recently they have started delivering some figures slightly earlier than announced timing. This has probably been seen as a positive thing, so they may have added a couple of months over the 1 year period to make people happy to get their figures "early"........great psychology trick really :)

Yes the likeness is off, but in this case I actually don't mind an idealized version of Leia. Carrie Fisher had a rough time with addiction over the past couple of decades, and as a result looked much older than her 60 years. In certain respects had she not gone through all of that, she may have looked more like the sculpt. While I'm lukewarm on the movie itself, I will pick this up. It will be a nice way to display Fisher in her final role.

Price is ok, but don't really see the need to preorder this yet.

And really people? Yes we all know about Fisher's addiction history but ridiculing her appearance just seems so damn juvenile. Have some f---ing respect already.

They really dropped the ball on this one imho! I don’t see any likeness to Carrie whatsoever!

Reading through this thread makes it that much harder for me to forgive Rian Johnson for deciding to film the scene that so many here are making jokes about. Any discussion about Leia/General Leia would've otherwise been more about how impactful the character was throughout the years, and how Carrie Fisher should be commended for helping craft her that way. Instead, every other post is a one-liner about that scene. I know that directors need to take chances, and not be overly predictable, but they also need to remember that when you jump on board of a long-running franchise that so many love, you need to be careful too. You can take all the risks you want with your own created characters and stories, but when you do something that leads to a great character like Leia now being partly synonymous with a joke, and used as a punchline, you messed up. On the 0.000001% chance Rian Johnson ever comes across this thread, could you please explain in the director's commentary why
Spoiler Spoiler:
needed to be so . . . um . . . bold? Please.

Hot Toys Star Wars: The Last Ledi - 1/6th scale Leia Organa

I bought. It’s not perfect.

As SNIKT would say, #settling :yess:

I only have a couple of figures from the new films. This is one I would have considered getting, but I agree with many that have said the sculpt is off, too young and too thin at a minimum.

Maybe this figure represents an alt-universe Leia where Carrie never became involved in drugs? :dunno

Reading through this thread makes it that much harder for me to forgive Rian Johnson for deciding to film the scene that so many here are making jokes about. Any discussion about Leia/General Leia would've otherwise been more about how impactful the character was throughout the years, and how Carrie Fisher should be commended for helping craft her that way. Instead, every other post is a one-liner about that scene. I know that directors need to take chances, and not be overly predictable, but they also need to remember that when you jump on board of a long-running franchise that so many love, you need to be careful too. You can take all the risks you want with your own created characters and stories, but when you do something that leads to a great character like Leia now being partly synonymous with a joke, and used as a punchline, you messed up. On the 0.000001% chance Rian Johnson ever comes across this thread, could you please explain in the director's commentary why
Spoiler Spoiler:
needed to be so . . . um . . . bold? Please.

That scene is actually the moment where I just no longer cared what was going on in the overall plot of the film, and was only interested in the Luke-Rey-Kylo arc. And then Leia when she reconciled with Luke.

Damn a 2019 estimated release? That seems crazy to have it that far out. Guess I won’t be in a huge rush to pre-order but I intend to pick it up.

Damn a 2019 estimated release? That seems crazy to have it that far out. Guess I won’t be in a huge rush to pre-order but I intend to pick it up.

Yeah I can almost guarantee these will still be in stock when Ep. IX comes out.

Wonder if it is targeting the hype for E9 for 2019. Hope the up coming OT/Solo announcements won't be in 2019. Man...

Back