Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we settled on this being a ROTJ Trooper?

I checked out some photos to see the boot soles on the Jedi Troopers, and it appears they're the same as this figure (i.e., not black):

latest

I thought it was settled the second JKNO said it was RotJ...

Maybe it's to distinguish it as OT since the ST and R1 also will have "Stormtrooper"s? like classic coke?

I really want 3 of these just for the stands. think they will look good at the back of a detolf and then some of the death star grate stands in the middle.

The only thing holding me back on this one is the weathering. It just won't go with my other troopers.

Although I could swap out the clean trooper in my Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper/Scout Trooper display as the other two are weathered...

Damn it. No I need to buy it.

I'm going to put the ROTJ Stormie right next to the SSC Scout and Bike :D

The only thing holding me back on this one is the weathering. It just won't go with my other troopers.

Although I could swap out the clean trooper in my Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper/Scout Trooper display as the other two are weathered...

Damn it. No I need to buy it.

Variety is the spice of life...

I like that they're doing this version but that helmet seriously needs reworked. ROTJ helmets are very distinct. Not as wide looking as ANH helmets.

Maybe a Repaint of the mouth could make this a good ANH version?

I know the brow is off and the lenses...but I still like the stunt helmets best:

Here are my thoughts on the asymmetry vs. symmetry debate that I have seen come up from time to time since the Rogue One troopers have been revealed. I said something similar earlier in this thread, but I would like to better phrase my thoughts and position on the issue.

I will be getting a couple RO troopers because I love how they have updated the appearance of the classic OT Stormtroopers. In my opinion, they have managed to bring the design of the helmet up to modern standards largely without compromising the look of the Imperial trooper helmet. In my opinion, the Stormtrooper now represents the cold precision and uniformity of the Empire better than ever before.

I am not saying that I hate the asymmetry of the ANH and ESB helmets (the particularly lopsided and rounded look of the RoTJ Stormies bothers me); I embrace their imperfections. Figures portraying the Stormtroopers of the original three films should be asymmetrical and imperfect.
For the Imperial Stormtroopers present in the new films and figures intended to represent them, however, I totally understand and support the decision to make them symmetrical.

I say this because there seem to be some members of this community who seem to be upset with the previously mentioned decision to make Imperial Stormtrooper armor in new films that are set in the OT era symmetrical.

I think the asymmetrical nature of the originals is what makes them more striking, realistic and believable. 99% of people watching the originals don't consciously notice the asymmetry. They just see stormtroopers and they look and feel right. You could probably go into the whole psychology of peoples faces being asymmetrical which adds realism to what they see and perceive, giving the stormtroopers a greater feeling of being "real", but the bottom line is, once you've been ingrained with OT troopers, "correcting" that asymmetry invariable leads to you looking at the "idealised" version and being left with a feeling of something isn't right. And that pulls you out and takes away from the effect. They in effect lose that human quality that the originals had.

An army of "evil" foot soldiers you subconsciously see as real humans is far more terrifying than what could, for all intents and purposes, be perfectly crafted robots. It's only humans that are capable of the horrors we all fear in war and that adds an additional subconscious layer to the stormtrooper. The scariest things are those we can see ourselves in. I don't want that taken away just to make a prettier helmet.

Wow. The armor sculpt is almost entirely a new sculpt and accurate to ROTJ. Even the shape of the shoulder bells are correct with it being pointy at the top.

yeah the shoulders are one of the big hit points with rotj. I think I woulda preferred an endor base though. This base is great but it shoulda came with the anh troopers or the death star gunner since he's bare bones.

Not sure the helmet sculpt has that odd narrow look ROTJ stormies had, but damn that's a nice figure. Amazing they went to that much trouble with both helmet and armor in general. Love the shoulder bells. Will be grabbing one of these.

Back