Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Wow, why all the bashing on this Huskie?'

'What did I miss?'

'Oh wait...****, nooooooooooooo.....'

:lol

That's exactly how that should have went.

Wow, guess they IP matched him? I'd always worry if I banned an innocent guy. :lol

e80sw.jpg

Guys, I sure miss that Huskie! He was opinionated and irreverent, yeah, but that's what made him such a valuable member of SSF! I say we should bring him back. Waddya say?

- Really Nice Guy, new account created November 16, 2014

Mac: Well, the big deal, Dennis, is that I wasn't even consulted on the decision, okay? And this is a big deal to me, as well. It's also my night. Plus, Transporter 2? We haven't seen Transporter 1 which means we'll be completely lost... Plus, Jason Statham's physique is nothing like the line-up in Predator.

Dennis: Okay, will you stop? I don't want to have conversations anymore about dudes' physiques and whether they can...

Mac: Dennis, in body mass alone...

Dennis: That's what I was trying to avoid. A conversation about body mass, okay? We've had that conversation five times a day for the last month because we keep watching Predator and all you talk about is Weathers and Jesse "The Body" Ventura and how many pounds they can pack on...

Mac: It's important to pack on mass. You're talking about carbo-loading.

As much as I'm a subscriber to the mostly drafted troopers idea, regardless of Morrison, the troopers in STAR WARS did in fact have only two voices. So one could surmise there are two batches of clones. I do believe that was the original intent. The fact is that the lore changed over time, and Lucas decided that the Imperial forces were draftees, volunteers and clones.

So everyone's right. Or wrong... from a certain (Lucas) point of view.

At least with the multiple batches theory (another Lucas idea) you can have your clones and height difference too.

But it's a moot point now cos the Lucasfilm Story Group has retconned them to all be "blindly patriotic" human recruits.

At least with the multiple batches theory (another Lucas idea) you can have your clones and height difference too.

But it's a moot point now cos the Lucasfilm Story Group has retconned them to all be "blindly patriotic" human recruits.

What you call a retcon I call an OT status quo.

Therein lies the debate!

The only debate imo is the "blindly patriotic" part. Personally, while there would have been an element of that, I would say a majority were conscripted and put through extensive "re-education". But there's no direct evidence for that in the canon.

The only debate imo is the "blindly patriotic" part. Personally, while there would have been an element of that, I would say a majority were conscripted and put through extensive "re-education". But there's no direct evidence for that in the canon.

I guess it gets back to the Nazi analogy. It's more effective if the populace buys in to the propaganda rather than getting forced. As the Lucasfilm Story Group pointed out, "blind patriotism" (their words) beats the individualism that can arise from a clone army (or reprogrammed humans). And we saw the start of the propaganda at the end of Ep III (oops, I mentioned the prequels).

Plus Luke, Biggs and co *were* keen to go to "the Academy" (though just getting off Tatooine was probably their main motivation).

I guess it gets back to the Nazi analogy. It's more effective if the populace buys in to the propaganda rather than getting forced. As the Lucasfilm Story Group pointed out, "blind patriotism" (their words) beats the individualism that can arise from a clone army (or reprogrammed humans). And we saw the start of the propaganda at the end of Ep III (oops, I mentioned the prequels).

Plus Luke, Biggs and co *were* keen to go to "the Academy" (though just getting off Tatooine was probably their main motivation).

But Luke, Biggs and co also made it clear they planned to jump the first ship and join the rebellion.

But Luke, Biggs and co also made it clear they planned to jump the first ship and join the rebellion.

Yup, but the Academy was obviously the main career option for a lot of young adult males. If the Rebellion was "the side you believe in", and you had the right contacts, you could jump ship.

Back