1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

But same size as the space trooper

Do you have the regular tall Trooper to compare the chest plate with? The chest piece on the tall Trooper I have doesn't look as long as the one showing on the short one you showed ... but I don't have a short one to directly compare.

Do you have the regular tall Trooper to compare the chest plate with? The chest piece on the tall Trooper I have doesn't look as long as the one showing on the short one you showed ... but I don't have a short one to directly compare.

Yes Luke's shorter image.jpg

I'm with you there. I have 3 Stormtroopers (Tall, Normal, Short). Then I'll have Luketrooper, Spacetrooper, Sandtrooper, and probably Hantrooper. Way too many troopers based on the Stormie design! Or is it? Probably not enough if you ask some folks.

I just don't have the space for too many Troopers, so I thought two would be a good representation. If I have Luke and Han Troopers I can display them primarily as Storm Troopers near my Darth Vader and every once in while switch things up and display them as Luke and Han. It seems to me that Han will likely look exactly like the tall Trooper when the helmet is on, so I am not sure what advantage keeping my regular Stormtrooper would be other than just having a third.

Luke's Trooper belt is a bit unique, but I wouldn't think Han's would be. The only thing the regular tall Trooper has that Han probably won't have is the pistol that was used in the promotion pictures. We'll see.

One things for sure, there always seems to be a market for Stormtroopers because so many like to build up there troops, so I shouldn't have too much trouble unloading it if I decide too.

Hot Toys really should have consider lightening up the hair on some of these figures. Chewie, Han, and now Luke.

Even on old Ben they didn't get the coffee stained stripe in the middle of his beard:wink1:

Can't we sign a petition or something to force James to stop showing his AWESOME custom paint Tama Threepio that we mere humans can never hope to match EVERY last chance he gets? It's cruel and unusual. And even though I LOVE every last pic he posts of it, the inferiority complex is overwhelming...

Just sayin'

Oh, and don't think we haven't noticed the additional weathering you put on your R2 unit hiding back there. It's awesome too, ya b@st@rd.

This may solve the mystery of chest-gate:

TK-421 (which became Luke's disguise):

latest

TK-422 (which became Han's disguise):

latest

It might be an illusion, but 421's chest plate looks shorter below the pectoral moulding.

This also pre-supposes that Mark Hamill wore that actual set of armour.

But it does look short:

Review_LukeStormtrooper_still.jpg

You solved that mystery quickly, Kuat. :clap Though I do think chest-plate gate could have been milked a bit more. Apparently the spacetrooper has the short armor too. Is this the short version too?
ae6b47e9ab44dfde3510b19dd15d0d26.jpg

After going back through and looking at the FB pics shared by Bmacattack and ones posted by james the cat, I'm really looking forward to this now. The two figures for the price of one is a great idea too, so I'll now have a Stormie to display with Vader once the farm boy Luke is released. And getting him for just under $200 shipped I'm quite happy.

Back