1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, it's more about supporting local business than saving money, $20 or even $50 here or there isn't a big issue. But as you say, it might not be worth the risk.

I hear ya...I guess this depends on people's views.

From my purchases I have typically bought 50/50 from pop and SS. I go SS with the big exclusive ones on fear of missing out, and pop for everything else I don't believe will sell out (regular releases)

Would really love to order this but this SW line is going to bleed me dry. I think I'm going to stick with Farm Boy Luke for my ANH collection. Sucks, but gotta prioritize.

Same position. I'm getting ONE character to represent Star Wars in 1/6 and I'm going for the Farmboy Luke. This Stormtrooper disguise version is killing me though. Ever since I was a kid, Luke and Han donning the disguises have been my favorite parts in the film. I think that's one of the reasons action figures with removable helmets always appealed to me when I was a kid. If I got Luke, I'd have to get Han and then the whole thing would spiral out of control. I have no faith in a good Han trooper though considering the head would just be a reuse sooooo.

So you have only one option: take a deep breath and try to overcome the craving. It´ll stop in a few days. For your consolation, I am going to buy your copy ...

Thanks for the help :) the fact that I would have to buy directly from SS also helps, dont want the extra costs involved with that. Plus I thought about what I want in my collection and I'm already up to about 18 figures without this...

Thanks for the help :) the fact that I would have to buy directly from SS also helps, dont want the extra costs involved with that. Plus I thought about what I want in my collection and I'm already up to about 18 figures without this...

This was my decision also... Already got Bespin Luke, and Solo PO'd.. Stormy luke came up,couldnt resist,and PO'd him.
Doesn't look like i'm doing too well :slap

So true ... I really admire the likeness of this figure. Why shall I need to buy Ben, Han, Chewie, Leia, etc. with 90 - 95 % likeness, if I can have a figure with 100 %? Additionally, I expect the prices to rise for this one over the years as it was the case for the SSC variant ...

Same position. I'm getting ONE character to represent Star Wars in 1/6 and I'm going for the Farmboy Luke.

Ever since I was a kid, Luke and Han donning the disguises have been my favorite parts in the film. I think that's one of the reasons action figures with removable helmets always appealed to me when I was a kid

You have more willpower than me.

Same position. I'm getting ONE character to represent Star Wars in 1/6 and I'm going for the Farmboy Luke. This Stormtrooper disguise version is killing me though. Ever since I was a kid, Luke and Han donning the disguises have been my favorite parts in the film. I think that's one of the reasons action figures with removable helmets always appealed to me when I was a kid. If I got Luke, I'd have to get Han and then the whole thing would spiral out of control. I have no faith in a good Han trooper though considering the head would just be a reuse sooooo.

This. :lecture

I'm getting this, and hopefully farm boy Luke later on. I'm sure there will be plenty of those down the road.

Need a x wing Luke as well, but I'd rather wait for HT's at this point rather than getting the SS version.

Last edited:

You cannot escape your destiny.....

This is why I'm not touching HT Star Wars. As someone said yesterday Star Wars is the slickest of slopes. If I buy anything at all I'm resigning myself to collecting intensively for years and years to come if I can afford it. If I can't afford it then I'm only forcing myself into hard decisions to pass on desired figures and sell others. I don't fancy either of those scenarios.

The old Hasbro collection will represent Star Wars for me. Having said all that, I'm still posting in here :lol It's still interesting seeing these done by Hot Toys.

Last edited:
If I buy anything at all I'm resigning myself to collecting intensively for years and years to come...

62639855.jpg

:monkey3

This is why I'm not touching HT Star Wars. As someone said yesterday Star Wars is the slickest of slopes. If I buy anything at all I'm resigning myself to collecting intensively for years and years to come if I can afford it. If I can't afford it then I'm only forcing myself into hard decisions to pass on desired figures and sell others. I don't fancy either of those scenarios.

The old Hasbro collection will represent Star Wars for me. Having said all that, I'm still posting in here :lol It's still interesting seeing these done by Hot Toys.

It'd be hard to come here to read the posts and not buy any of these.

That's the thing though, Hot Toys is hardly making anything I'm interested in anymore. :lol

Robocop/Murph 2-pack and the Returns Batman (Bruce Wayne too if they improve the head) is all I plan on for 2015/2016. That's it. I don't think a single Luke Skywalker will hurt. I just got Marty McFly last month, a figure I wasn't sure I was too keen on, and that will probably be the only BTTF figure I'll buy. There's like 5-6 releases I'd buy if they did them, but I don't think they'll ever get to them at this point. I gotta experience atleast one Hot Toys Star Wars figure, you know?

Every year my purchases dwindle more and more. There was a time where I had a **** ton of Hot Toys figures ordered for the year, especially when it came to multiples of a single release.

I'm planning to get the batman returns pack and robocop/Murphy pack as well. :lol

I'm gonna put Luke and Han Stormtrooper ver with the Stormtrooper gang shelf and hopefully if I can swing it, farmboy Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia on another shelf. Will get 3po and R2 when HT announce their version. Not gonna go with SS or any other makers.

I have no faith in a good Han trooper though considering the head would just be a reuse sooooo.
Yeah, the uncertainty around Han is really the only thing holding me back here. We don't know when, how difficult it will be to get, and what sculpt it might have. But I already have Bespin Luke, will get Farmboy, and am likely to get Jedi version. So this would fit right in line there.

To a-dev's point, I'm getting some Star Wars, but am not going too too overboard--Luke (a couple variants), Han, Chewy, Leia, Kenobi, R2, 3PO (assuming HT does them), Vader, Boba Fett, and maybe a Storm Trooper or two. Of course, ice cream maker guy would also be an instabuy if he were released.

Yeah, if I ever get drawn into multiples, it'll probably be a focus on Luke. I like the evolution of a character's look throughout a film or series of films. Like Terminator for instance, I've bought every HT Arnold since the first one and I like the stages the figures have gone through. That ended though, no way am I getting Genisys Pops. :lol

I never bought HT Bespin Luke even though that's my favorite version of him so who knows. For years I meant to buy a Captain America and just never got around to it because of how many different versions popped up. I can definitely envision one of my detolfs having a Hot Toys Farmboy Luke, Bespin 2.0 Luke (Dagobah if those rumors are true), and Jedi Luke (again, if Hot Toys is indeed doing him) representing each film though.

Everyone seems to forget that Hot Toys and sideshow work very close together and corroborate and help each other with certain projects. HT has helped sideshow improve their body and facial sculpts and Sideshow has helped HT on numerous projects. Sideshow is also their distributor as HT probably sells more items in the US than all over seas countries combined. I seriously doubt they will produce anything that conflicts with Sideshows current offerings. It will be quite a while before we see a C-3PO, R2, Rotj Vader or any other current or planned items from Sideshow overlap with Hot Toys in 1/6 scale.

That's the thing though, Hot Toys is hardly making anything I'm interested in anymore. :lol

Robocop/Murph 2-pack and the Returns Batman (Bruce Wayne too if they improve the head) is all I plan on for 2015/2016. That's it. I don't think a single Luke Skywalker will hurt. I just got Marty McFly last month, a figure I wasn't sure I was too keen on, and that will probably be the only BTTF figure I'll buy. There's like 5-6 releases I'd buy if they did them, but I don't think they'll ever get to them at this point. I gotta experience atleast one Hot Toys Star Wars figure, you know?

Every year my purchases dwindle more and more. There was a time where I had a **** ton of Hot Toys figures ordered for the year, especially when it came to multiples of a single release.

Do it if you think you're 'ard enough I suppose. I myself wouldn't have the discipline to limit myself to one character or anything like that. If I buy Luke I'm buying Han. If I buy Han I'm buying Chewie. At that point I might aswell buy Leia and Darth Vader and Obi-wan. And then why not buy the stormtrooper etc etc etc.

Do it if you think you're 'ard enough I suppose. I myself wouldn't have the discipline to limit myself to one character or anything like that. If I buy Luke I'm buying Han. If I buy Han I'm buying Chewie. At that point I might aswell buy Leia and Darth Vader and Obi-wan. And then why not buy the stormtrooper etc etc etc.

Fortunately I think Han, Chewbacca, and Vader look like mediocre crap. There is not even the slightest temptation for me there. I'm in the minority, but I don't like Hot Toys' Stormtrooper helmets. Other companies like Gentle Giant and even Disney have done the '77 hero prop more justice with scanning technology.

Now that 1/4 Stormie on the other hand . . . . hnnnnnggggg. I've stayed out of that thread as soon as I saw it. Not too keen on 1/4 scale, but that ****ing trooper looks fantastic. That and Luke have really caught my eye.

SS need HT more than the other way around.

Pretty sure there will be a few companies waiting in line for sole agent of HT products in the US, even though there's no SW license (assuming SS lend theirs to HT)

Everyone seems to forget that Hot Toys and sideshow work very close together and corroborate and help each other with certain projects. HT has helped sideshow improve their body and facial sculpts and Sideshow has helped HT on numerous projects. Sideshow is also their distributor as HT probably sells more items in the US than all over seas countries combined. I seriously doubt they will produce anything that conflicts with Sideshows current offerings. It will be quite a while before we see a C-3PO, R2, Rotj Vader or any other current or planned items from Sideshow overlap with Hot Toys in 1/6 scale.

Back