Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Yes they share the licence, but SS no longer have any say on what figures HT produce. Why do you see 1/4 scale Vader, Boba and Stormies, but not 1/6? If you ask me 1/4 is much less likely as SS have recently announced Vader, Boba and a Sandy in this scale, and the SS Stormie didn't exactly sell well.
How do you know it didnt sell well? Because its still available? It was technically an open edition.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

My post clearly said PF, reading is clearly a dying art for some.

This isn't the statue forum. I'm not sure why anyone would compare PF to an articulated figure. That's a completely different market. Some people may dabble in both, but many more would never even dip their toes in the the other. There's no chance I'd ever grab a PF.

And WRT to reading, maybe you should have listed the "Stormie" as a PF in your post - you didn't. You also never once mentioned PF in relation to the other figures you listed, just a generic "1/4." Yeah, everyone here can read. ;)

I wish the announcement would have come with something more concrete, even something as simple as a teaser pic as to the direction this line is going, not just the intro title. :gah:

This isn't the statue forum. I'm not sure why anyone would compare PF to an articulated figure. That's a completely different market. Some people may dabble in both, but many more would never even dip their toes in the the other. There's no chance I'd ever grab a PF.

And WRT to reading, maybe you should have listed the "Stormie" as a PF in your post - you didn't. You also never once mentioned PF in relation to the other figures you listed, just a generic "1/4." Yeah, everyone here can read. ;)

I wanna choose my own poses! That is why the premium formats do not work for me.

Any idea if the 1/4 items will be poseable figures or statues?

100% poseable figures.

I wanna choose my own poses! That is why the premium formats do not work for me.

Agreed. Many SW PF's have weird or even stupid poses alas: Stormie (short back leg), Scout (pooping in the woods), Snowtrooper etc.

I get giddy thinking of HT doing McQuarrie figures!!! That would be awesome.

^One person is talking PF the other 1/6th I believe.^

I could see HT doing Anakin and ROTS Vader first up, that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for HT.

That's what I was thinking too.

I get giddy thinking of HT doing McQuarrie figures!!! That would be awesome.
That would be pretty damn cool.

I definitely couldn't stop at one.. so I'd probably have to pass. :lol

Really am excited to see what Hot Toys will do with Star Wars...
I am really happy with my Sideshow Pieces, and have left room for a few more Star Wars figures to be added to my collection.

The must buys for me would be a Hot Toys Darth Vader and Boba Fett.

I'd love them to make Jedi Luke - that would be one kick@!$$ set. :rock

I wonder if they will be just regular releases from now on and not DX. Now that they have the license for themselves, no need to make them extra special and do double packs like Luke was.

I wonder if they will be just regular releases from now on and not DX. Now that they have the license for themselves, no need to make them extra special and do double packs like Luke was.
Oh, you can almost bet that their Anakin will be a direct mirror of the Luke set. :lol

No Vayda-lites though.

Waiting for Hot Toys...

I want to start collecting 1/6 Star Wars figures. I want to know if I should wait for hot toys to make updated versions of sideshow's dated figures or if they're are some figures that look good that I should buy like Darth Vader, Boba Fett, ig-88, and Bossk to name a few. Thanks!

Re: Waiting for Hot Toys...

LOL!
Hold your breath and let us know how blue you get.
They said nothing new will be revealed until next year.
That could mean the start of the year,but it being Hot Toys...I'm guessing the later end of 2015.
Get Sideshow figures...Bossk and IG88 are great.

I'm still thinking we're gonna see ROTS Vader from hot toys as their first ( or second, if they do a ROTS Anakin 2-pack) Vader.

Hayden Anakin is weirdly popular in asia markets. I'm not expecting to see them bundled. But I'd be a little surprised if they went for a different vader out of the gate.

Re: Waiting for Hot Toys...

I want to start collecting 1/6 Star Wars figures. I want to know if I should wait for hot toys to make updated versions of sideshow's dated figures or if they're are some figures that look good that I should buy like Darth Vader, Boba Fett, ig-88, and Bossk to name a few. Thanks!

In my opinion, just start now. All those figures you mentioned are great. I doubt Hot Toys will ever get around to making Bossk and IG-88.

I'm still thinking we're gonna see ROTS Vader from hot toys as their first ( or second, if they do a ROTS Anakin 2-pack) Vader.

Hayden Anakin is weirdly popular in asia markets. I'm not expecting to see them bundled. But I'd be a little surprised if they went for a different vader out of the gate.

And Chan has stated hes an Anakin/Padme fan. Its obviously going to be on the short list to get done. I actually wouldnt mind a really nice Anakin and imo Padme is needed...sorry no Snow bunny here. :lol

Is this better?

8856991ade715cc80658e8460dad05d9.jpg

Looks like she just got off a horse after a very long ride.

I'd love them to make Jedi Luke - that would be one kick@!$$ set. :rock

That's what I'm hoping for. Wondering though will we get Ep VII before VI.

Back