Hot Toys Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Maulfan. The Spidey suit is all about skin tight figure hugging, patternised material. Spidey himself is about extreme poses. That is a nigh on impossible combination to accomplish in 1/6 form but If anyone can pull it off its Hot Toys.
I'm very skeptical though.

I agree with Maulfan. The Spidey suit is all about skin tight figure hugging, patternised material. Spidey himself is about extreme poses. That is a nigh on impossible combination to accomplish in 1/6 form but If anyone can pull it off its Hot Toys.
I'm very skeptical though.

yes with material over it it is very hard to make posability but if anyone can make it hot toys can
d_1289.jpg
I have that guy somewhere haha he's very poseable just not as much of a looker as a hot toys would be

Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing what other new license they have obtained as well.

EDIT: I just read that Hot Toys has the license to all three Spiderman movies and all three X-Men movies. Holy cow...my wallet is crying.

Last edited:
I think that HT will have their work cut out for them but can really impress if they do their homework.

I'm sure whatever HT does will look great, just hoping the subtle details are captures, however it is done.

Okay this is freaking HUGE news! I can't believe I missed this thread ............... so Hot Toys is making Spidey and others from all 3 films? :google

Holy crap this is huge!

the only one I see problems with is Venom he's not supposed to look like has a costume on where as spidey is

the only one I see problems with is Venom he's not supposed to look like has a costume on where as spidey is

And that is why the Medicom Venom was so crappy. It just looked like a guy in a costume (and a crappy one at that). Hot Toys will pull it off though.

What would be cool but isn't going to happen is if HT Venom were based on the concept design and not the final film look.

What was different in the concept design? I would love to see that.
Oh and I just remembered the the Alex Ross design for Spider-Man for the first film - how cool would it be if that got to be a figure.
SpideyMovie7.jpg

:banana
I saw this coming a year ago, at least. I'm not the least bit surprised, actually, but I'm DEFINITELY thankful - what I WILL be crying over, however, is how many figures I have to skip on because I'm a poor college student :monkey2

UNACCEPTABLE!! Hot Toys is definitely my favorite Toy company right now, so I'm gonna' have to start selling organs...

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO DOC OCK, but VENOM's a close second :monkey5

This is the concept

292460872_0c22cad7fb.jpg

This is the film version

VenomJumping.jpg

The original design was beefier looking and more ferocious, I think they opted to mute it for rating and all or something, I just think it has a better look than the end result. It also had a purplish tint instead of being pure black.

Great news for those who love spiderman. Finally something Hot Toys announces that doesn't get me excited, and therefor my wallet can rest :lol

Opposite for me, 2009's been pretty good, a number of passable items from HT this year, but now they're ramping up for 2010 to be a lot of things I like.

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

I'm going to say no on this. One distinct feature of the movie Spiderman suit is the textural quality, I just can't imagine anything but a rubber suit like HT's Batman's being able to capture that texture in figure form, and I don't see a point in a movie Spiderman without that texture, Medicom's Spiderman 3 figure is nice, but really, nothing makes it stand out as being from the movie, the colors are more like the comic suit, should be like a maroon and navy blue, not blue and red, and there's not texture to it.

That's be fine with me.

I'm agreeing with the earlier posts that the end result will end p like superman, with the webbing done in rubber like te rubber piping on the stomach of superman.

Oh and I just remembered the the Alex Ross design for Spider-Man for the first film - how cool would it be if that got to be a figure.
SpideyMovie7.jpg

I love Alex Ross but like six or seven of his redesign concepts have that same diamond point onto solid pants. Hell they even used the concept on the new Captain America. Even the "metal" Superman from Justice has this concept just in one tone.

I wonder if they silkscreened the new muscle body with the coloring and design if it would look better....it'd definitely look like second skin....

I hope they make a comic version as well. The Medicom comic version is a KICK ASS FIGURE. Only negative is the fragile superhero massive body.

Spider-Man's suit isn't as intricate as Batman's so if they use very thin rubber, it could be a possible choice. Medicom's SM2 cloth version is horrendous compared to the SM3 version, so unless they can pull it off, I think they'll use a rubbery material.

can you belive i was so close to getting medicom spidey now i get this news and i blew that off i cant wait for this.

I love Alex Ross but like six or seven of his redesign concepts have that same diamond point onto solid pants. Hell they even used the concept on the new Captain America. Even the "metal" Superman from Justice has this concept just in one tone.

I wonder if they silkscreened the new muscle body with the coloring and design if it would look better....it'd definitely look like second skin....

Yea it would, mike you're very close but venom IMO is a very posable or flexible character

Spider-Man's suit isn't as intricate as Batman's so if they use very thin rubber, it could be a possible choice. Medicom's SM2 cloth version is horrendous compared to the SM3 version, so unless they can pull it off, I think they'll use a rubbery material.

superman is a president. ital be cloth.

Now the symbiote costume will likely be rubber, and I'd be OK with that.

the problem, however, with the rubber outfit is that on the red and blue suit it would bunch up badly at the joints when you posed him, and would look REALLY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back