Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This feels weird to say, but I think I've finally kicked the Hot Toys addiction after 7 years in the game...

I thought I wanted these figures, but I kinda don't care anymore...

Understandable, I can see why some would feel burnt or tired out from collecting. And that's okay :duff

Though for me I'm still as excited as ever and can't wait to see these!!! :D

They totally missed the hype train and then the figures were kinda underwhelming.

I'm also slowly transitioning out but I am in for these Spider-Man things.

Hardly anything new interests me at all. Most of it will be in the bargain bin too. We'll see what DS brings but I'm underwhelmed with most of the leaks except for maybe 1 or 2.
I don't get that mentalility; do you want a representation of these characters because you love them and enjoy their portrayals, or because it's the hot new thing that everyone is talking about? If it's the latter then I don't think you really want them to begin with.

They do look a bit crap though.

For me the wait times have killed HT for me. And it’s not because i wouldn’t want the figure 2 years from now, it’s just become such a boring hobby because of timeframes. Wait wait wait wait….then when you finally get it, it goes on your shelf and…..that’s it. I’m bored of waiting 2 years to put something on a shelf.
This right here. A two to three year wait for these is annoying . It takes me out of collecting hot toys . It’s ridiculous tbh. I get they want “quality” but some of the stuff they put out looks just ok compared to the photos.

I don't get that mentalility; do you want a representation of these characters because you love them and enjoy their portrayals, or because it's the hot new thing that everyone is talking about? If it's the latter then I don't think you really want them to begin with.

Ever since venom joined the mcu his hype has died.

In my case, I learned a bit of a lesson with Infinity War and Endgame. After years of being "just Star Wars" I started down the slippery slope of Marvel figures because I loved Infinity War and Endgame so much! After collecting 50'ish Hot Toys, a few Iron Studios Legacy Replica 1/4 scales and all the 1/10 scale Iron Studios stuff, I sold all but the Endgame 1/10 scale IS stuff because my euphoria died down and my space constraints made me realize I just can't collect both. Flash forward to No Way Home and I found myself with that same feeling but targeted pretty much just to the three Spidey's together. Good news is that with the prior Marvel perspective and the euphoria dying down between pre-orders, I think I'm safely away from PO'ing...Unless the head sculpts are great! :)

In my case, I learned a bit of a lesson with Infinity War and Endgame. After years of being "just Star Wars" I started down the slippery slope of Marvel figures because I loved Infinity War and Endgame so much! After collecting 50'ish Hot Toys, a few Iron Studios Legacy Replica 1/4 scales and all the 1/10 scale Iron Studios stuff, I sold all but the Endgame 1/10 scale IS stuff because my euphoria died down and my space constraints made me realize I just can't collect both. Flash forward to No Way Home and I found myself with that same feeling but targeted pretty much just to the three Spidey's together. Good news is that with the prior Marvel perspective and the euphoria dying down between pre-orders, I think I'm safely away from PO'ing...Unless the head sculpts are great! :)
Sounds like you'd have the same feeling sooner or later anyway, so it wouldn't matter if they put them up for PO 4 months ago or 4 months from now.

The delays don’t bother me so much they can help crystallise whether or not I really need this figure.
While the wait is like 6 months longer now, I totally used that tactic over the years. No PO, just wait it out until X character's next appearance. The Infinity Saga certainly didn't have long waits in between either once Avengers hit. Let the hype die down, assess as a need, then either move on or commit. Best example is Roadworn Thor for me. Love that look.

While the wait is like 6 months longer now, I totally used that tactic over the years. No PO, just wait it out until X character's next appearance. The Infinity Saga certainly didn't have long waits in between either once Avengers hit. Let the hype die down, assess as a need, then either move on or commit. Best example is Roadworn Thor for me. Love that look.
Yeah I would sell my other Thors for that one. It seems definite Thor to me.

Yeah I would sell my other Thors for that one. It seems definite Thor to me.
I would would wait and get this one. Looks incredible....WITH THE FUR!

thor-love-and-thunder-chris-hemsworth.gif

I don't mind the long waits because they both help me with my budget, and because I only buy the characters I like a lot. FOMO grabs me at times, but I wait a month or so and it passes. So while it is annoying to pay off installments over the duration of a year+, then wait another half a year between actual release and arrival overseas and whatnot, I don't much mind it since I don't actually care about the movies themselves. I base my displays off the comics, and I don't care about movie-specific lineups, so I pick and choose over large periods. Hell, I'm only now going to get a Star-Lord with his DnA suit from Vol. 3 next year, which means that I waited 9 years just to PO one. So 2 year waits are nothing to me. I just want to eventually get my comic-accurate suits.

Honestly, I like long waits because I gradually become less of a cmpletionist towards them, so it's easier to skip the mid-tier wants and stick with the high-priority ones.

A rewatch helps. I rewatched NWH after I got it on bluray last week and the feels got hit again. Pretty special to have 3 actors with that much combined experience to be acting with one another as the same franchise character. 7 SM movies with those actors before NWH. Not sure if you will ever see that again.

I never rewatch capeflicks unless they're on tv as background noise. Apart from the Iron Man Trilogy, GotG and maybe Doctor Strange, I'm just too bored of the rest. I'd rather go re-read (parts of) my favourite comic runs.

Bah, when I'm God Emperor I'll make the bestest capefilms ever. They'll be great. It'll be a yuge thing I tell you!

I don't mind the long waits because they both help me with my budget, and because I only buy the characters I like a lot. FOMO grabs me at times, but I wait a month or so and it passes. So while it is annoying to pay off installments over the duration of a year+, then wait another half a year between actual release and arrival overseas and whatnot, I don't much mind it since I don't actually care about the movies themselves. I base my displays off the comics, and I don't care about movie-specific lineups, so I pick and choose over large periods. Hell, I'm only now going to get a Star-Lord with his DnA suit from Vol. 3 next year, which means that I waited 9 years just to PO one. So 2 year waits are nothing to me. I just want to eventually get my comic-accurate suits.

Honestly, I like long waits because I gradually become less of a cmpletionist towards them, so it's easier to skip the mid-tier wants and stick with the high-priority ones.
When you have one foot in the grave waiting is nerve racking lol

When you have one foot in the grave waiting is nerve racking lol
Just ask for some Gamma radiation and you will be fine.
Well, in that case you kinda have bigger problems. Although WW3 might break out any day and my main worry is that I'll never get a Doom doll, so I'm really not one to talk...

FSW3.gif
Victor's country is next!

giphy.gif

Back