1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame about the lack of JG sculpt but it's still a pretty cool looking figure - should have great shelf presence. Still passing though as I feel done with all things Spidey.

Here is from hot toys facebook. No headsculpt. :(
133152c43ce90bdadc3c218fe37bd6bc.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Think I'll pass. I'm not a fan of the character in the comics but the film version was ok, the bulb seam is a killer for me though. Hot Toys must not be able to make a single piece version for some reason.

No excuse for that god awful seam.

No JG head is a pass for me but i?m always happy to see a villain make it.

Fact is there is no SINGLE ONE Mysterio toy with Gyllenhaal's sculpt. So maybe he really didn't sell rights to his likeness.

I think it?s pretty cool in spite of not having an unhelmeted sculpt. Will consider picking this up at some point.

Considering the fish bowl lights up, isn’t there a good chance it won’t be removable to replace with a 3rd party headsculpt
Due to the mechanics?

I think it look s great. Shame about no hs and the seam in the bowl but not a deal breaker. This will have amazing presence on a shelf. I?ll likely pick up since I don?t have many villains. Should be priced less than most since no headsculpt and a cheap bowl in its place

Everyone: Give us more villains!
HT: Here's Mysterio!
Everyone: Ugh, why does it have a cheap looking fishbowl? why is there no Jake sculpt? Why can't you make it exactly how I want it? Passs.

Its pretty disappointing to see honestly. I'm thrilled for this release. The costume is fantastic.

And that ugly join on the bulb! Same aquarium as for Stan Lee figure, just painted.

The seam on the bulb is surprising, but given it's a prototype there's time to minimize and/or eliminate it. Then again, perhaps it's necessary so HT can effectively convey the "cloud" effects inside? I'm not sure it's simply painted on the outside. And IMO the bowl looks to be the correct size - i.e., it's smaller than the Stan Lee one.

Everyone: Give us more villains!
HT: Here's Mysterio!
Everyone: Ugh, why does it have a cheap looking fishbowl? why is there no Jake sculpt? Why can't you make it exactly how I want it? Passs.

Its pretty disappointing to see honestly. I'm thrilled for this release. The costume is fantastic.

I'm thrilled as well. I rarely pose figures without their masks/helmets, so the lack of a sculpt is not a deal breaker for me.

The seam on the bulb is surprising, but given it's a prototype there's time to minimize and/or eliminate it. Then again, perhaps it's necessary so HT can effectively convey the "cloud" effects inside? I'm not sure it's simply painted on the outside. And IMO the bowl looks to be the correct size - i.e., it's smaller than the Stan Lee one.

Stan Lee from GotG Vol. 2 has the same bulb. So any effect can't be the reason and i doubt thy will do anything about it. But it looks awful.

Stan Lee from GotG Vol. 2 has the same bulb. So any effect can't be the reason and i doubt thy will do anything about it. But it looks awful.

The bowl still looks smaller to me, but I suppose it could be an optical illusion due to Mysterio's broad shoulder look with the cape vs. Stan's sloped shoulders. But I don't think it looks awful, and with a 3rd/4th Quarter 2021 release estimate there's plenty of time for them to improve upon it.

Seamless bowl would have been nice, but it is what it is. I'm indifferent on the head sculpt not being offered. Hopefully that omission is reflected in the price. I'll be adding this one to my shelf since villains are rarely offered and I think the proto figure looks nice.

Back