1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seam on the bulb is surprising, but given it's a prototype there's time to minimize and/or eliminate it. Then again, perhaps it's necessary so HT can effectively convey the "cloud" effects inside? I'm not sure it's simply painted on the outside. And IMO the bowl looks to be the correct size - i.e., it's smaller than the Stan Lee one.

The seam has to be there as HT only does moulded plastic parts. Think about it. How would you demould the larger inner core through the neck diameter ? Hence 2 parts.

If they want no seam, they need to go to blow moulding. That is either something they know nothing about, or it cost too much, or they couldn't get good enough quality ??

But this is why they have a seam.

I guess I view the helmet seam kind of like an exposed arm elbow joint: It'd be better if it wasn't there, but doesn't ruin the look of the figure for me...

Stan Lee from GotG Vol. 2 has the same bulb. So any effect can't be the reason and i doubt thy will do anything about it. But it looks awful.

It's not the same bulb as Stan Lee's. It's clearly shorter and a bit narrower. While I agree I'd prefer it without the seem, for me it's still a killer figure I'm going to PO as soon as it comes up. I feel the same way about a Gyllenhaal head sculpt. It would be nice to have but I don't ever see myself displaying the figure without the fish bowl so it not a big deal to me.

Bring on the preorder!!! Like BM said, the Jake head will come third party anyway, so that is just about a given. Finally another villain!

Do we think that release date is a type-o? This isn?t a diecast Iron Man or anything. Why would this take OVER TWO YEARS?

Would be pretty awesome if they kept the Headsculpt a secret and people found it when they opened the fish bowl. :lol Imagine the pre-order rush then !!

I guess I view the helmet seam kind of like an exposed arm elbow joint: It'd be better if it wasn't there, but doesn't ruin the look of the figure for me...

Yup same here. The seam is unfortunate but probably something I wouldn't notice much after a while, and it doesn't keep it from still looking like a really cool and high-quality figure.

Instant P.O, liked what they did with the character in the film, always been one of my favourite Spidey villains, wouldn't use a JG sculpt so no big deal to me

Very cool looking piece - it's always nice to see another villain 1/6 scale figure as HT don't often bother with many of the baddies...unfortunately, due the lack of an unmasked sculpt I'll probably be passing on this one.

Fall 2021!

But no NRD made it an easy choice to PO today. Gonna have to start factoring in climate change to my PO?s now with this timeline.

Hot Toys made quite a few Jake heads when they were doing their TrueType bodies a few years back. They are not hard to find.

Getting a decent, painted, head is one thing, but putting it on is going to be a major project with all the electronics running through there.

Pre Order is up! $259.00 at Sideshow.

Love the outfit but like others have said, I was hoping for a head sculpt and that seam is tough to look at. I hope they improve it.

Also whats the deal with that ?Luminous Effect??
Is it anything like what they did with Black Panther that relies on external lighting to glow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ordered, but oof that 2 year wait is more than I expected. Hopefully they use that time to improve the dome seam. I know it will still be there, but they could at least make it less obvious.

Back