1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great but really no one to pair him with. IF they would have made a Lando or Qi'ra I'd be all over it, but as it stands I'll just stick with the Mudtrooper.

I?ve never been too excited about this pre-order, but I think he?ll end up looking good on my shelf. I also wish there were a Lando and Qi?ra to go with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least those two, but sadly I don’t believe either would have done the numbers HT needs to move a project forward.

At this point, any version of Lando would be great. I think the ESB version would sell. They could at least do a limited run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does look good. Agreeing about those production numbers....will probably be one run and done. Cut and sew looks good. Glad I ordered.

It is a pity we'll probably see nothing else from this. At the very least it could have been a nice chance to see HT take another stab at Chewie with the correct bandoleer and a better face.

The latest CW cameo from Drayden Vos sparked an idea....how about a new animated series taking place in that timeline with Crimson Dawn. HT has a Maul on the way...could be a way to possibly see Qui'ra, Beckett and those other troopers get done.... I know, just daydreaming.

So when is this Solo figure going to start hitting?

I'd go one step further and say they should make it live action Crimson Dawn show for Disney+. Emelia Clark has of course plenty of TV experience. Ray Park would fit playing an older Maul, and I'm sure would be up to play him workwise.

They certainly left the syndicate angle potentially open with that scene in CW.

A Solo Lando would be my preferred Hot Toys Lando fig. His outfit is much better in Solo than ESB (I have order the Jabba guard version). But the biggest no brainer would have been a new Chewie. Add the snow gear and he pairs perfectly with the deluxe Han and if they improved on the previous version they would have got sales looking to use him as an OT/ST version as well.

As to more movies/shows, I'd love to see them do a "The Lando Chronicles" tv series with Donald.

It really looks good, especially the fur coat. It looked like a puffy woman's fur coat in the proto. I passed it since I am a one figure per character guy, but at least I'll get a sculpt with mudtrooper.

It really looks good, especially the fur coat. It looked like a puffy woman's fur coat in the proto. I passed it since I am a one figure per character guy, but at least I'll get a sculpt with mudtrooper.

Yep fur coat does look better in the production pics.

As for figures to pair him with I made my own with fur coat :)

Range_Final 1.jpg
Range_Final 6.jpg
Range_Final 9.jpg

Looks great but really no one to pair him with. IF they would have made a Lando or Qi'ra I'd be all over it, but as it stands I'll just stick with the Mudtrooper.

Definitely on Qi'ra! The Kessel version. It'll likely never happen now unless they do the sensible thing and sign Emilia Clarke up to a Crimson Dawn series.

Qi'ra.jpg

When will the figure starts shipping to US sellers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely on Qi'ra! The Kessel version. It'll likely never happen now unless they do the sensible thing and sign Emilia Clarke up to a Crimson Dawn series.

View attachment 484204

I definitely like that look. I like Emilia Clarke too, but I have to wonder if she would be interested in doing a Star Wars TV series. Both her and Woody Harrelson would make interesting enough figures. The problem is that Solo bombed.

When will the figure starts shipping to US sellers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely early June. They arrive at Sideshow in the US usually about a month from when you see final FB photos and in-hand from Asian bloggers. I imagine some people who bought from Asian vendors might start seeing their figures ship soon.

I definitely like that look. I like Emilia Clarke too, but I have to wonder if she would be interested in doing a Star Wars TV series. Both her and Woody Harrelson would make interesting enough figures. The problem is that Solo bombed.

It's a shame. The whole cast seemed so excited to be a part of the movie in all those interviews at the time. And it seemed genuine, not phony actor-obligated-to-say-something-nice-about-my-crappy-movie.

Streaming shows don't have the stigma network shows used to have. I think they would all be game in doing a Solo series. I can only hope!:pray:

Thanks to fans who wanted to give Disney a lesson. And now we're talking why there won't be a Qira figure.

Thanks to fans who wanted to give Disney a lesson. And now we're talking why there won't be a Qira figure.

A bit like cutting the top of one's head off to spite your face...

latest

Solo is my favourite Star Wars film since ROTJ.

On the other hand, as far as I'm concerned the Sequel Trilogy has no relation to Star Wars, and no bearing on the canon whatsoever.

But punishing all of Disney's Star Wars product throws the baby out with the bathwater.

The effective doubling of production costs to make the movie twice didn't help it's bottom line either.

But punishing all of Disney's Star Wars product throws the baby out with the bathwater.

Yup. Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian, Clone Wars Season 7. More hits than misses.

Last edited:
Back