1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the figure otherwise quite a lot. It might look better in person. Undecided on this one. Thinking of getting one Han from Solo and unsure if I prefer this or the Mudtrooper. The Mudtrooper is a more unique figure, but I like this one as it?s his primary look in the film.

As good as this is, the Mudtrooper all the way.

As good as this is, the Mudtrooper all the way.

Yeah, I think without it being some kind of "young Harrison" in the role, you really need the extra Mud gear. Solo, while there's parts I really enjoy, remains a weird one just because of the casting, which was going to be awkward no matter what. The Mudtrooper look diminishes the face enough that you can kind of more easily see it as a young OT Han.

These pleather boots are always hit and miss with the crunches and wrinkles. So for, the Dooku I received had the best, least distorted pair on it.
The name plates have changed...they don't have that "etched" look anymore. I don't know if it really looks "discolored" or not. That hair seam is a little obvious in some shots...wonder if it's just not pushed back down on the head all the way? Of course, we're looking at magnified, extreme close-ups here too...which makes it look worse.

I'm liking what I'm seeing ....I just wish HT could convince the Diz to do just one more figure from this movie, preferably Qui'ra. Han is a good looking figure and it will be a shame to have nothing to match up with it on display.

Yeah, I think without it being some kind of "young Harrison" in the role, you really need the extra Mud gear. Solo, while there's parts I really enjoy, remains a weird one just because of the casting, which was going to be awkward no matter what. The Mudtrooper look diminishes the face enough that you can kind of more easily see it as a young OT Han.

For me it's just a Mudtrooper, whoever that guy is. I still need to see a video review of the figure so I can decide whether or not to get a second to swap in a generic DID sculpt.

The name plate on these Solo figures are the etched kind. Here?s the patrol trooper one.

f422985052b588b5668908f9ea88c266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will wait to get this until it?s available in the US

The name plate on these Solo figures are the etched kind. Here?s the patrol trooper one.

f422985052b588b5668908f9ea88c266.jpg

I don't know why they can't just use the same template with everything. It's stupid toy line thinking and not display collectible thinking.

This figure turned out great but it just does not stand on it's own. It really needs that chewie with snow gear teased or at least Lando or Qi'ra. Funnily enough l will end up with 3 figs from this movie (Patrol Trooper, Mud Trooper and Maul), none of which will pair with this one. I would have bought pretty much anything released from Solo (again, Chewie, Lando, Qi'ra, Becket, regular mud trooper, Range Trooper, Mimbin Trooper, even that annoying droid) as the designs and costumes were all so great.

Solo for Han Solo, mudtrooper for, well, trooper.
My Han will be from OT.

Unboxing and review from Justin’s Collection. Looks like a pretty nice release. If I get this version of Han I think I’d just go with the regular release instead of the deluxe one.

That was another good review from Justin.

Yes finally a normal review.

Although not much shown about the big deluxe jacket. I get it he didn't like it, but others might.

I'm an Aussie as well, but I find his intonation a bit annoying. Sounds like a radio advertisement.

"Now we'll punch in........for a closer look".

Yes finally a normal review.

Although not much shown about the big deluxe jacket. I get it he didn't like it, but others might.

I'm an Aussie as well, but I find his intonation a bit annoying. Sounds like a radio advertisement.

"Now we'll punch in........for a closer look".

Spot on. Radio shock jock announcer voice. One of the reasons I don't listen to commercial radio. But good reviews asides.

Spot on. Radio shock jock announcer voice. One of the reasons I don't listen to commercial radio. But good reviews asides.

Haha, "You could win $10,000........(deeper voice) riiiight nooow !"

No doubt when he gets in front of his mic it just comes naturally. :lol

But yes, good standard review and great to see this figure in hand. Also looking forward to the Mudtrooper review. Hopefully today.

Back