1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is always cool to see this figure still getting some notice....I'll be holding onto both versions.

SOLO-027.jpg

SOLO-028.jpg

Both really excellent figures. And that Lando looks promising....

The Lando is a bit underwhelming. The paint work is flat, and the hair doesn’t look all that great (maybe with variations in color, even if slight, would improve that as well).

Great set of figures. I actually liked the film. Was hoping for a sequel... :monkey2
Same here, I think it’s a bit underrated. Looks like Kathleen Kennedy put an end to the idea when she said they’d no longer re-cast main OG characters after deepfake Luke. Such a shame there was huge potential for a trilogy (or set of films), especially with Jabba, Maul, and Crimson Dawn on the table. I hope they re-think it, but it’s looking ever more unlikely.

It's a decent figure, I was tempted at one time to get the deluxe. I've seen it so cheap on eBay from time to time.
Thing is, I never bought this guy as a young Han Solo. I didn't hate the Solo movie but didn't like it either. Pretty much apathetic towards it really.
So even though it's going cheap, I'd still rather point that money toward an OT grail or one of the ROTJ anniversary figures or that super expensive dewback and Sandy pack.

It's a decent figure, I was tempted at one time to get the deluxe. I've seen it so cheap on eBay from time to time.
Thing is, I never bought this guy as a young Han Solo. I didn't hate the Solo movie but didn't like it either. Pretty much apathetic towards it really.
So even though it's going cheap, I'd still rather point that money toward an OT grail or one of the ROTJ anniversary figures or that super expensive dewback and Sandy pack.
I liked 'Solo' -- saw it as a fun romp, didn't think too hard about it. Love this costume design but like yourself, for me it would lose out to OT all day every day.

I liked 'Solo' -- saw it as a fun romp, didn't think too hard about it. Love this costume design but like yourself, for me it would lose out to OT all day every day.
Well that's fair enough. I wonder if I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't a Han Solo movie and was about an original character instead.
Yes, OT all day everyday for me. I used to collect a huge number of figures but realised I was just going through the motions. The dip in quality of the D+shows helped too 😁
Now I just collect OT and I'm happier for it.

Well it took awhile, but after 4 or 5 rewatches I've finally become a big fan of the Solo movie and decided to pick up this figure from TBA while they still had it. And he does look pretty damn good in hand.

The only issue, as you can probably tell, is that the holster is already completely falling apart on me right out of the box, which is a problem I've never had with previous Han figures. But this one has clearly been sitting in a HK warehouse all these years so I guess it was to be expected.

Oh well, I went and ordered a real leather replacement from Gustavo which should look massively better on him anyway.

20231113_194244x.jpg

20231113_195632x.jpg

Back