Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it can be made into a Dagobah landing Luke as well. Probably my favorite look.
Would love to see Hot Toys tackle a Dagobah Luke with a Yoda backpack. Seriously, how cool would that be? Luke in Mando might have propelled his character to new heights and it would be wise to cash in on it. All the reuseable pieces are there.

I forgot that this was announced a little more than a month BEFORE Lando was. I won't hold my breath as this was projected at April 2022. Wasn't Lando projected around this time when announced?

Would love to see Hot Toys tackle a Dagobah Luke with a Yoda backpack. Seriously, how cool would that be? Luke in Mando might have propelled his character to new heights and it would be wise to cash in on it. All the reuseable pieces are there.

I forgot that this was announced a little more than a month BEFORE Lando was. I won't hold my breath as this was projected at April 2022. Wasn't Lando projected around this time when announced?
Maybe the next bespin luke will also have 2 figures, one the duel and one for the swamp version with backpack? It would make the delay worth it in my opinion.

For now I have a sideshow luke with Hasbro backpack and yoda for this but it looks lame compared to modern 1/6 figures.

Should do a Yoda 2.0 and a swampy R2. It would be so cool if the deluxe diorama piece was the bank with part of swamp and X-wing mostly submerged aside from the one s foil wing. The recent Asmus LOTR deluxe sets are spoiling me with their amazing diorama pieces. Also, the 2022 LEGO set called Training on Dagobah makes me so excited for a HT equivalent.

So you don't like three of the most iconic SW outfits - X-wing, TIE pilot and Imperial gunner? Which all pretty much use identical flight suits, and gloves?

And by lopsided boots you mean the inclusion of the flare bandolier above one boot, taken from WWII pilots that inspired the SW pilots?

Correct

There's a difference between not my first choice/less preferable and 'in the dumpster'. The gloves look ok on the Tie and Gunner because they get lost in all the black and Luke never actually wears them in the film, but when I think of x-wing Luke all I see is this (yeah, yeah I know this is a promo shot from after they made the movie)

Luke_Skywalker_pilot.png

Tie Pilots look like 6 year olds with those massive heads...I'd still get the figure though.

IMG_3544.jpg

There's a difference between not my first choice/less preferable and 'in the dumpster'. The gloves look ok on the Tie and Gunner because they get lost in all the black and Luke never actually wears them in the film, but when I think of x-wing Luke all I see is this (yeah, yeah I know this is a promo shot from after they made the movie)

Luke_Skywalker_pilot.png
Luke carries the gloves in Yavin base and into the X-wing, he wears them throughout the entire DS battle, and the other pilots have them both in Yavin base and during the battle. :dunno

Does "Luke trust me..." and "Luke, you switched off your targeting computer" ring a bell? (cue shot of Luke's gloved hand....)

I'm beginning to get the picture here.:lol

Last edited:
Tie Pilots look like 6 year olds with those massive heads...I'd still get the figure though.

IMG_3544.jpg
Maybe stick to the Force Awakens/ST style TIE pilots then. They have a noticeably smaller, non-6 year old's helmet.

Personally, I love the OT large helmet. It's something collectible companies often get undersized. In fact I tweaked my SSC TIE pilot to make the body less bulky to MAKE the helmet look bigger in proportion and more screen accurate. (I've since swapped the gloves in these pics for.... you guessed it, the SSC X-wing Luke gloves.:lol)

JLGrU8s.jpg

I don't mind the huge bucket. Looks like it could be packed with tech and life support gear. Contrast with the almost useless rebel helmets. :LOL:
There are always options for those who prefer a bigger body/ smaller helmet proportion. :dunno:monkey3

Star-Wars-1996-TIE-FIGHTER-PILOT-Good_grande.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Is that Marmit At-At driver or a mix with SS?
It's a mixture. Marmit helmet has a lot of repaint tweaks plus Sideshow hoses. Jumpsuit Sideshow. Chestbox mostly scratchbuilt; Marmit too small and Sideshow had some inaccuracies. Don't like the Sideshow boots or gloves as much so stuck with modded Marmit.

He actually looks pretty ominous and creepy-cool in-hand. :lol

I’d love to see HT tackle a Dagoba training Luke to replace my custom. One that could be displayed in a handstand position.

Attachments

• FC031E84-8711-42AD-AF0E-C8ADBF70DD3C.jpeg
    FC031E84-8711-42AD-AF0E-C8ADBF70DD3C.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 51
Back