Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like this is going to be a big deal figure release. All this clone garbage, lots of Mando and so rare an OT release. Luke in Mando also helped with his resurgence as a popular character. Plus all that orange!

I feel like this is going to be a big deal figure release. All this clone garbage, lots of Mando and so rare an OT release. Luke in Mando also helped with his resurgence as a popular character. Plus all that orange!
There aren't a lot of truly iconic characters being made these days. Icons have had a major cultural impact and stood the test of time -- current offerings by Hot Toys may be of excellent quality (a lot of the time?) or have excellent renderings, but they're of the moment and I feel like most will be quickly forgotten in the deluge of contemporary pop culture.

There aren't a lot of truly iconic characters being made these days. Icons have had a major cultural impact and stood the test of time -- current offerings by Hot Toys may be of excellent quality (a lot of the time?) or have excellent renderings, but they're of the moment and I feel like most will be quickly forgotten in the deluge of contemporary pop culture.
Marvel is certainly pumping them out. SW is really more miss than hit. DC is really at the bottom. We don't have any new iconic hits today, just everything has been touched on then whored out.

Marvel is certainly pumping them out. SW is really more miss than hit. DC is really at the bottom. We don't have any new iconic hits today, just everything has been touched on then whored out.
Rinse, repeat. Good films -- even great ones -- still get made in spite of conservative studios, but not so much in terms of big budget blockbusters or genre films.

Really hoping they’ve updated the head sculpt on this one. The mando Luke head sculpt is a Much better likeness to Hamill, so I’m hoping there maybe a tweaked head sculpt for this release.

I was never keen on the baggy flight suit, lobsided boots and gloves that looked like he'd borrowed them off a Gamorrean.

It’s funny how heroic ANH Xwing Luke always takes a back seat to Hoth Speeder Luke who crashed, burned and retreated lol
In one outfit he single-handedly took down an ATAT while on foot and with just the gear he had on him, in the other he let a hokey religion do the work as an old-man ghost whispered in his ear. :dunno

I was never keen on the baggy flight suit, lobsided boots and gloves that looked like he'd borrowed them off a Gamorrean.
So you don't like three of the most iconic SW outfits - X-wing, TIE pilot and Imperial gunner? Which all pretty much use identical flight suits, and gloves?

And by lopsided boots you mean the inclusion of the flare bandolier above one boot, taken from WWII pilots that inspired the SW pilots?

You forgot Han saving Luke in ANH lol
And in ESB Luke's flying around with a dead body in back as well - no help there. :dunno

That dude even tells Luke "I feel like I could take on the whole empire myself" yet kicks the bucket pretty much straight away... forcing Luke to take on the whole empire by himself. :lol

I think this SnowSpeeder Luke will be an epic release. I cannot wait. It is my favourite SW movie, and my favourite film hero is specifically ESB Luke. And the snowspeeder look is my favourite.
And it can be made into a Dagobah landing Luke as well. Probably my favorite look.

Back