Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indiana_Jones_FRENCH_DUDE_EATS_A_FLY.gif

I think this figure looks great, though the 20-22 month wait for it seems beyond ridiculous. Combine that with the fact that this would be my first ever Hot Toys pre-order from Sideshow, and I have a few questions for those of you with more experience with this stuff:

1. There's been a few comments in this thread about waiting for a third or fourth batch for the figure to arrive, depending on when you pre-order the figure. So apparently Sideshow ships out pre-orders in the order they come in, so people who pre-order later might not get it until a month or two (or more?) later than people who pre-order sooner?

2. I have enough Sideshow reward points to cover the entire figure, so if I pre-order now and "pay" with reward points, what is the cancellation/refund policy? Can I get all of my points back or are they forfeited if I want to cancel the pre-order? Or maybe I get all of my reward points back except for the equivalent of this figure's $26.50 non-refundable deposit?

Thanks for your guys and gals' help!

It’s really hard to get excited about a figure that I might not even be alive to see the release of:monkey3

I think this figure looks great, though the 20-22 month wait for it seems beyond ridiculous. Combine that with the fact that this would be my first ever Hot Toys pre-order from Sideshow, and I have a few questions for those of you with more experience with this stuff:

1. There's been a few comments in this thread about waiting for a third or fourth batch for the figure to arrive, depending on when you pre-order the figure. So apparently Sideshow ships out pre-orders in the order they come in, so people who pre-order later might not get it until a month or two (or more?) later than people who pre-order sooner?

2. I have enough Sideshow reward points to cover the entire figure, so if I pre-order now and "pay" with reward points, what is the cancellation/refund policy? Can I get all of my points back or are they forfeited if I want to cancel the pre-order? Or maybe I get all of my reward points back except for the equivalent of this figure's $26.50 non-refundable deposit?

Hey there, cbulas.

1. Sideshow does not seem to ship in order of when you pre-order. There's been tons of cases of people saying they ordered on day one and didn't get a shipping notice until after others who said they ordered months later. Luck of the draw. That said, I think it's more on the rare side that people experience the first batch/ second batch thing when ordering directly from Sideshow. It's definitely happened, but I don't think it's the norm. Usually, it's more about different regions (UK, EU, etc) getting theirs earlier or later, or different vendors (like BBTS or Alter Ego) who rely on Sideshow for their stock getting theirs much later as well.

2. I didn't think they refunded points, but maybe I've read some posts that say they do. Really don't know.

Anyone else?

I've gotten points refunded on a cancelled order before. Should only be the NRD that you forfeit. I've never funded an entire order with points but I can't imagine why there would be a difference.

If you day one order using Flex you will get your item after a person who ordered 6 months after you using single pay.

Money talks ******** walks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, cbulas.

1. Sideshow does not seem to ship in order of when you pre-order. There's been tons of cases of people saying they ordered on day one and didn't get a shipping notice until after others who said they ordered months later. Luck of the draw. That said, I think it's more on the rare side that people experience the first batch/ second batch thing when ordering directly from Sideshow. It's definitely happened, but I don't think it's the norm. Usually, it's more about different regions (UK, EU, etc) getting theirs earlier or later, or different vendors (like BBTS or Alter Ego) who rely on Sideshow for their stock getting theirs much later as well.

2. I didn't think they refunded points, but maybe I've read some posts that say they do. Really don't know.

Anyone else?

Thus was discussed recently. Apparantly if you pay up front you're on the top tier to get figures first. If you're on a payment plan then you're on second tier. Apparantly even if you pay it off before the end date.

Jedha Patrol talked about it in his recent video about this figure I believe it was.

There were also rumours over the years that they keep a black list. If you've had many returns or complaints or whatever then you're also not likely to get your figure first. This hasn't been confirmed of course.

Edit : or as Jye far more sussinctly wrote.

"Money talks xxxxxx walks". [emoji2]

You would definitely get your reward points back if you cancel. This changed a few years ago thankfully.

When paying in full with reward points you may not have to pay an NRD. I pre-ordered Han Stormtrooper in 2017 100% with reward points and I only paid shipping. No NRD. That could have changed though.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the responses, everyone! I just finished pre-ordering this guy. I didn't even consider that paying for it completely with reward points means that I don't have to pay tax on the figure, so that's a nice bonus! Hopefully Sideshow's shipping cost increases will slow down in the next couple years so I don't have to pay $30 to get it shipped to me! :slap

$265.00 worth of reward points was immediately removed from my rewards account, though before placing the order, I still had to click the box confirming that I understand I have to pay a NRD on the figure, so I assume I wouldn't get the NRD amount of $26.50 back in points if I cancelled the pre-order.

Thanks a lot for the responses, everyone! I just finished pre-ordering this guy. I didn't even consider that paying for it completely with reward points means that I don't have to pay tax on the figure, so that's a nice bonus! Hopefully Sideshow's shipping cost increases will slow down in the next couple years so I don't have to pay $30 to get it shipped to me! :slap

$265.00 worth of reward points was immediately removed from my rewards account, though before placing the order, I still had to click the box confirming that I understand I have to pay a NRD on the figure, so I assume I wouldn't get the NRD amount of $26.50 back in points if I cancelled the pre-order.

Congrats! And I think you are correct. I missed the point of your original question re: NRD in my earlier post. Looking at the order details for my Han Stormtrooper from 2017, it does show an NRD as a line item, so its very possible they would have deducted the NRD equivalent in reward points from my rp refund if I had canceled. Im sure SS could tell you via chat.

Hey Cbulus1 good to see you in the main section. :hi5: Thanks for all your help with Reward points.

I get that this is a figure you really like and you have been saving up those points for a free figure.

A few things to consider.

Sideshow rewards are their baby. They can change the rules at any time, even stop the whole thing.
(It says so in the reward terms and conditions)

I know how hard you worked for those points, perhaps harder than a 9-5, it is not a free figure.

Two years plus time, who knows if there will even be a Hot Toys or a Sideshow.

If the worse case scenario does materialise you cannot claim it back like you could off a credit card purchase.
(If the credit card companies are still around, if the whole world is not hot ash :wink1:)

My advice, use your points to buy something now or at Spook.

Something you can sell without hassle on the bay.

Maybe even make a bit extra but at least turn your points into hard currency.

Buy Snowspeeder Luke or whatever your heart desires with the proceeds.

It's a bit more work but you are then covered.

MTFBWYA

If you day one order using Flex you will get your item after a person who ordered 6 months after you using single pay.

Money talks ******** walks.

Is that the case? When I've bought statues from SS they seem to flip-flop on it. Sometimes they'll ship payment plan orders first, sometimes they'll ship full pay orders first. There was speculation, the last time it was discussed, that it depended on which group they could fulfill with their initial shipment.

Is that the case? When I've bought statues from SS they seem to flip-flop on it. Sometimes they'll ship payment plan orders first, sometimes they'll ship full pay orders first. There was speculation, the last time it was discussed, that it depended on which group they could fulfill with their initial shipment.

A lot of what drives this is the fact that they shift the Flexpay to the same day of the month the next month if the item isn't received in time to ship. For example, if you choose the 5th of the month as your Flexpay date and they would've been ready to ship it on the 6th, you get bumped to the 5th the next month. Meanwhile, those who are on fullpay get it whenever their turn in the queue comes up. As far as what that queue looks like...who the heck knows!

A lot of what drives this is the fact that they shift the Flexpay to the same day of the month the next month if the item isn't received in time to ship. For example, if you choose the 5th of the month as your Flexpay date and they would've been ready to ship it on the 6th, you get bumped to the 5th the next month. Meanwhile, those who are on fullpay get it whenever their turn in the queue comes up. As far as what that queue looks like...who the heck knows!

That makes sense.

That has been my experience with well over 100 orders. I have ordered everyway possible and there has never been any consistency. Did not matter if it was a day one paid in full order, day one pay when ready to ship, last minute order, flex pay, etc. Very random like pulling names out of a hat for when an order ships in my experience.

Back