Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to pop the Dx 07 adapter off of the body. Then the rubber grommet inside that head will fit on the neck post left behind.

If you pop off this piece you will have this left.

Attachments

• 12D13218-7F21-4FB4-9043-D3591549A78B.jpeg
    12D13218-7F21-4FB4-9043-D3591549A78B.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DF75E5C1-F532-4B1E-AD5B-5407FF19D2D9.jpeg
    DF75E5C1-F532-4B1E-AD5B-5407FF19D2D9.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 0
I called the rubber adapter that’s on the inside of the Luke head a “grommet”. The “barbell”neck peg on the inside of the body I just call a ball joint.

Did you get the neck adapter off the body?
Not yet. I will definitely give it a go tomorrow though and post a picture.
I called the rubber adapter that’s on the inside of the Luke head a “grommet”. The “barbell”neck peg on the inside of the body I just call a ball joint.
Oh ok. I am pretty ignorant (obviously) when it comes to the proper names for these figure parts. 😆

Sideshow came through with a minty fresh exchange. I can't even begin to explain how well done this figure is. WOW!
p.s. dig that custom display base y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4713.jpeg
    IMG_4713.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4714.jpeg
    IMG_4714.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 0
bit annoying the gun doesn't quite work with the gloved hand
To be fair, he never actually held a blaster when he was in the gloved outfit.

Can anyone else with both Snowspeeder Luke and TCW Maul confirm they share gloved hands?

I saw that pointed out elsewhere. But after I heard that, I realized that’s probably why @jimbean said the pistol doesn’t fit Luke’s hand well since Maul’s hands weren’t made with a blaster in mind.

Tricky but a little unfortunate bit of parts reuse by Hot Toys for an otherwise superb figure.

Can anyone else with both Snowspeeder Luke and TCW Maul confirm they share gloved hands?

I saw that pointed out elsewhere. But after I heard that, I realized that’s probably why @jimbean said the pistol doesn’t fit Luke’s hand well since Maul’s hands weren’t made with a blaster in mind.

Tricky but a little unfortunate bit of parts reuse by Hot Toys for an otherwise superb figure.
Yes, and no. Same mold, but they've laid some texture over it for the Luke hands.

O3iQ9k6.png

I'm really not a huge fan of HT's gloved hand sculpts, but these are fine I guess. They may be the Finse thicker style (vs the studio shoot style in the HT figure) but I prefer the SSC Luke Snowsp gloved hand sculpts.

Bad news for those who preordered this from popcultcha:

"looks like there's a delay at the supplier as they've pushed their ship date back to Q3 of 2022, meaning anywhere between July-September it might ship out from the supplier."

So likely won't ship from PC itself until Sept/Oct? Wow.:horror

"Thank the Maker!" - my wallet

Back