Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might want to remove the fatsuit for this one. Is it simple enough like undressing the figure and dressing it back or is there some sewing that needs to be torn down?
It’s all pretty easy.. all stripped down in 10 minutes

Amazing figure I actually feel like I got value out of this figure, it's almost perfect I haven't been this happy with a figure in sooo long
The base Is actually super cool and fits so perfect with this one wish HT did more like this, only thing that bothers me is the helmet is pretty awkward I think that could have been engineerd better as in the way it's put together.

Question my figures right sleeve is kind of open like the stitching is coming off or is it just supposed to be like for the pistol hand?
and if it is bad, Is this worth asking for a replacement jacket?
IMG_1485.jpg
IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_1480.jpg

Amazing figure I actually feel like I got value out of this figure, it's almost perfect I haven't been this happy with a figure in sooo long
The base Is actually super cool and fits so perfect with this one wish HT did more like this, only thing that bothers me is the helmet is pretty awkward I think that could have been engineerd better as in the way it's put together.

Question my figures right sleeve is kind of open like the stitching is coming off or is it just supposed to be like for the pistol hand?
I would ask for a replacement. What if you wanted to use the ungloved hands?

View attachment 583409View attachment 583410View attachment 583411
Made in Japa…….China!

Mine arrived today, but can't open until Sunday (fathers day present). Really excited for this one, not something that I get often with figures nowadays.

Apart from being a massive OT fan since 1977, this look also gives me the Snes Super Empire Strikes Back vibes.....so many hours spent on that one.

Mine arrived today, but can't open until Sunday (fathers day present). Really excited for this one, not something that I get often with figures nowadays.

Apart from being a massive OT fan since 1977, this look also gives me the Snes Super Empire Strikes Back vibes.....so many hours spent on that one.
Same here. Loved that game.

.... so many lost hours. :lol
And now I have that nostalgic-but-tinny theme music playing in my head.:gah::lol

Always love the blended vintage/HT display - whether it's Kenner, Kenner carded, comics books or even boxed VHS in the background.

I have a miniaturized 1/6 version of the actual "ESB costume department" sign used at Elstree in 1979 for my Hoth cabinet, and plan to have a mini version of the Tunisia shoot ANH clapperboard (with the date of Dewback shoot on it) for my custom 1/6 Dewback and custom sandie, along with Kenner Dewback artbox.

These high-end figs like Luke snowspeeder just go hand-in-glove with the retro stuff, the reason I love the retro box this fig comes in.

Bad news for those who preordered this from popcultcha:

"looks like there's a delay at the supplier as they've pushed their ship date back to Q3 of 2022, meaning anywhere between July-September it might ship out from the supplier."

So likely won't ship from PC itself until Sept/Oct? Wow. :horror

Bad news for those who preordered this from popcultcha:

"looks like there's a delay at the supplier as they've pushed their ship date back to Q3 of 2022, meaning anywhere between July-September it might ship out from the supplier."

So likely won't ship from PC itself until Sept/Oct? Wow.:horror
They should be called “Pop Your Cultcha” lol

The HT grappling gun has numerous accuracy errors and the clip connector is one of those (it's longer and more chunky than HT made it, more like a long lobster clasp.)

However the way the grappling gun connects to Luke in the movie isn't consistent. As he's running below the ATAT it's connected to the extra loop beside the saber loop on his leather utility belt.

As he's drawn up and hanging, it's actually connected to the silver-grey X-wing webbing belt worn UNDER his parka jacket (all other snowspeeder pilots wear their belt where Luke wears his utility/gun belt) and fed out through the parka jacket split, above his leather belt's buckle.

When he unclips and falls, the set-up is quite different - the insert scene actor has the webbing belt worn together with the leather gun belt, now with the grappling gun's clip visibly attached to the webbing belt.

It's unclear what is actually triggered to release him and let him fall - it appears a quick-release mechanism is located within that ribbed grey hose on the very back of the grappling gun, that you pull up (i.e making the ribbing bunch up) to access it.

So I guess connecting the clip to the loop of the leather belt is fine, though in reality for safety (ie to reliably hold his weight) Luke would be crazy to connect it to that instead of the webbing belt.
Movie inconsistency in the OT say it ain’t so! 😅

Back