1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just dropping a quick note to tell you guys that if you are thinking of getting this figure, I would advise double boxing. It seems HT changed the shipper box to a much thinner and cheaper cardboard. Who would have thought that was possible? Its literally like a slip case thickness over the art box. Im hoping this isn't a trend for future releases.

They have been using these cheap boxes lately, I have got a couple before Cody. The cardboard feels like it could disintegrate in your hands.

Just dropping a quick note to tell you guys that if you are thinking of getting this figure, I would advise double boxing. It seems HT changed the shipper box to a much thinner and cheaper cardboard. Who would have thought that was possible? Its literally like a slip case thickness over the art box. Im hoping this isn't a trend for future releases.

They used same paper (I won't use the term cardboard for that) in Mando's box too.

But that is HT in a nut shell aesthetics over function and stability.

People acting as if this is the first HT that is an action figure in name only or made of a material that will break, pinch, crease, stretch, rip, stick or disintegrate if you look at it the wrong way.

Rule # 1 of HT.

You touch your HT it will break.

Rule # 2 of HT.

You will pay thru the nose to buy an unstable product with weak glued tiny magnets because of the nice screen accurate aesthetics.

Sheesh y?all acting like a bunch of HT newbs now stop all of your whining get your replacements and lets move onto to stressing over Rex next lol

But complaining is fun! Complaining is the backbone of the internet. :wink1:

If I were a real fool for HT problems, I would be collecting Spidey. Each Spidey seems like a masterpiece of frustration, from what I see. Ditto Wonder Woman and her ripping underarms.

I'm very fond of Cody and I'm glad he's here; I was just expecting more toughness from a clone engineered for same. Ha! I am not done posing him. But then... I'm not done futzing around with Mando, either, truth be told.

Considering Cody is the first of many clone troopers to come, HT better sort the engineering issues.

Unfortunately looks like his right-hand Beehive trooper is going to be one of those many lost figures in the HT line-up, shown many times but never put up for PO.

RIP Airborne Trooper

They used that on the first Mando figure, and I saw someone post that they said the RotJ Stormtrooper also came with that, but that one came out a little while ago.

Considering Cody is the first of many clone troopers to come, HT better sort the engineering issues.

Unfortunately looks like his right-hand Beehive trooper is going to be one of those many lost figures in the HT line-up, shown many times but never put up for PO.

RIP Airborne Trooper

I think the issue with the Cody arm is the way they decided to to the light up function. With the Jedi, pretty much the entire arm got removed, but with Cody it's the the forearm. It's a poor design due to how easy it pops off.

Rex, the 501st Clones and the Coruscant Guard Clones don't have any light up features, so they should be solid pieces. I wouldn't imagine this problem will arise again. And although I'm less convinced now than I was a month ago, I still think we'll see some more Clones from Hot Toys as these sell well, like Fives, Wolffe, etc. Hot Toys likes easy money. I'm sure they'll ditch this design from the feedback they're getting from Cody.

Thanks for the feedback on the boxes guys. Looks like its double boxing from here on out!

My Cody is firm with great paint apps.... but then again I didnt try the swap out arm. The head seam is non existent on mine. :yess:

Is the fold out stock on the smaller rifle supposed to be off center? Can someone confirm?

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpeg
    IMG_1457.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    733.4 KB · Views: 113
LIST OF PROBLEMS for HT CODY (for internet search optimization)

Right arm falls off
Loose armor
Dweeb shoulders
Guns don’t fit in hands
Left shoulder antenna falls out
Can't hold helmet under his arm (for long, it falls... and loose antennae breaks)
Looks like Tom Cruise

Anything else?

Last edited:
I hope these defects are only affecting a very small percentage because it is making me reconsider selling my Sideshow Phase II Cody.

Back