1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge risk displaying him holding his helmet because one drop and say goodbye to that super thin super delicate helmet antenna.

ONE DROP!!

Good luck lol

Huge risk displaying him holding his helmet because one drop and say goodbye to that super thin super delicate helmet antenna.

ONE DROP!!

Good luck lol

Would it be a little sick to have him wearing his helmet and holding his head? I'll have to remember that pose idea for when we get Gree.

ONE DROP!!

Good luck lol

Pretty easily happens too! Sometimes my Stormtrooper Luke and Han have lost theirs after months of hanging on.

Cody turned out great. Might be the best head sculpt for 2020. I owned the SS version back in the day. Fantastic figure with a so many accessories with hands, feet, alternative heads that you could do action poses for days!! My problem was Cody needed to be in his iconic “Order 66” pose! I tried other dynamic poses but then I felt he lost his identity as “Commander Cody” and became a generic Clone Trooper which I didn’t like because I paid for Cody! Yeah I know I have issues. But Cody is a tough figure to display…..to many options!! Great job HT’s!!!

Do you guys ever use museum putty for this sort of thing? I might try that.

My heart is breaking, I so want him with that helmet under his arm.....

I did not use anything like that. I would definitely look into it if you want to be sure nothing bad happens. I haven't had any heartbreaking results yet, but I have had figures without stands tip over and/or lose accessories after a long period of time, so some near misses for sure. I'm undecided how I will pose Cody, best of luck!

You can still do it but I would try for a better finger grip on the base of the helmet than this:

4CFEC6D4-EAB5-4C9D-90D3-0EA2A0B75208.jpeg
AEBDC1B1-9E19-434A-9696-0A044AAD4A99.jpeg

Even then all it takes is one butter finger slip while trying to get that placement right and it will more than likely be catastrophic.

I bet even if you do it over a soft blanket or your bed it will break!

Hell I think the arm armor will break the antenna if you hit it just right even without dropping the helmet lol.

Sorry to be a downer but this stuff ain’t cheap!

Anyways enjoy your Cody lol

Last edited:

Hopefully one of those hands will be able to make a more solid grip on the helmet.

Otherwise, wait for Beehive (the Airborne trooper) and hope you can use his extra gripping hands for Cody.

You can still do it but I would try for a better finger grip on the base of the helmet than this:

View attachment 496873
View attachment 496874

Even then all it takes is one butter finger slip while trying to get that placement right and it will more than likely be catastrophic.

I bet even if you do it over a soft blanket or your bed it will break!

Hell I think the arm armor will break the antenna if you hit it just right even without dropping the helmet lol.

Sorry to be a downer but this stuff ain?t cheap!

Anyways enjoy your Cody lol

You are almost certainly right. I will have to shuffle through all the pix and pick out another pose. Curses, drat, abominations.

I see now that the hand I was thinking about using - the one with all the fingers extended - is his right hand, not his left and I wanted it under his left arm. I felt like that hand would have given a more secure platform. I also dont need that helmet falling because the shelf is about 4' off the floor and in no way does it need to fall that far; you know it would just bounce right off that shelf and then fall straight to the floor.

Well, at least I didnt have to learn the hard way. Thanks all who responded.

Thats the one thing thats bothering me, you can't cover up that wrist joint and its really exposed. Too bad you can't just give him a watch or something. Do they even wear those, is there such a thing?

HT's insistence on a rarely used feature to annoy everybody.

You are almost certainly right. I will have to shuffle through all the pix and pick out another pose. Curses, drat, abominations.

I see now that the hand I was thinking about using - the one with all the fingers extended - is his right hand, not his left and I wanted it under his left arm. I felt like that hand would have given a more secure platform. I also dont need that helmet falling because the shelf is about 4' off the floor and in no way does it need to fall that far; you know it would just bounce right off that shelf and then fall straight to the floor.

Well, at least I didnt have to learn the hard way. Thanks all who responded.

Then there is this other problem.

Look at this pressure point:

D29B2C12-7518-48DE-8A22-1A82B50D765F.jpeg

I know he is supposed to be battle damaged but I can guarantee that over a period of time this pressure point eventually will create some kind of indentation in the plastic that is not supposed to be there and will stand out differently than the surrounding factory paint job.

Only solution I see is for you to buy 3.

1 to display with helmet on.

1 to display with helmet off.

1 to keep mint in box that helmet will never break lol

Then there is this other problem.

Look at this pressure point:

View attachment 496896

I know he is supposed to be battle damaged but I can guarantee that over a period of time this pressure point eventually will create some kind of indentation in the plastic that is not supposed to be there and will stand out differently than the surrounding factory paint job.

This is a joke right?

These are hard plastic. The minor amount of pressure applied to create enough friction to hold it up is not going to dent hard plastic. My Phase 1 Fives has been holding his helmet in that exact pose against his torso for 5 years with not so much as a mark, let alone a dent. And that's a SS fig, not a handed from the gods superiorly crafted Hot Toys.

If you're going to be concerned about anything in that pic it's that the very thin and hence breakable antennae seems to be bent against the torso. An easy fix/avoidance with the right positioning.

Last edited:
Back