Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was genuinely shocked how underwhelmed I was with this release (i got fig and throne originally) - it just seemed like a no-brainer that HT + Palps would be a stellar home run. Especially after figs like Tarkin. I've made my peace with the fig and found a pose I like but it was a lot more effort than you would have thought.

Did a bit of surgery on mine to extend the legs an extra 1/4 inch, and it's amazing how much of a difference just that amount makes. Not only does he look a bit leaner, but the robe drapes a lot better as well since it's no longer bunching on the ground.

View attachment 440732

I think that mod also helps the hands to look less oversized.

f382924b142a008bb96cafa17633e3c2.jpg
5daa8fa894edee61315c54c4d06563e5.jpg
56e5e8e0e672ac20c6d5d7b3d783ca02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Emperor and throne it’s a great figure and has an amazing sculpt.

I would say it and Tarkin are my favorites due to the sculpts.

Thought I’d share some pics of my setup. As usual pics aren’t great hope you like them.

6b913cc73d5944ee8a457af967c1778a.jpg
b81a258c43feccb37823f81b52d323ab.jpg
55f1f7bbeb1b19d4243a082d3f72a89c.jpg
c943dda0bc95b73b9b7d345221d6cc32.jpg
83cbdbda33762edc03ee6b759444ae43.jpg

Holy crap, this is one of the best setups I've seen. Pure Imperial evil !

Love the second and third pics with the guards flanking Emperor, Vader and Tarkin. Really emphasises their number. 4 is awesome by the way !

Got my regular Palpatine this week, after some futzing with the hood I'm happy with his look (didn't need to cut any of the threads either). Had a play around with photos today too.

Palpatine.jpg

Palpatine2.jpg

palpatine-lightning2.jpg

Palpatine-guards.jpg

palpatine-duel.jpg

Palpatine-vader2.jpg

Thanks Hoody! I was trying to get as close to the arrival scene as possible with the guards. A lot of awesome pics in this thread!

How people could be disappointed with this figure is mind boggling to me. Good thing HTs works off financial gain instead of customer appreciation.

Great shots Noengaruth! Vader about to toss the Emperor is badass!

Thanks Hoody! I was trying to get as close to the arrival scene as possible with the guards. A lot of awesome pics in this thread!

How people could be disappointed with this figure is mind boggling to me. Good thing HTs works off financial gain instead of customer appreciation.

Great shots Noengaruth! Vader about to toss the Emperor is badass!

We’re just too picky. Asking so boldly for things like a Palps chair that fits, a Leia dress that isn’t too short, correct color of ANH Wookiee fur, an Anakin full length cloak...

We’re just too picky. Asking so boldly for things like a Palps chair that fits, a Leia dress that isn’t too short, correct color of ANH Wookiee fur, an Anakin full length cloak...

If you wanna keep collecting and being unhappy then by all means have at it. Personally if i had to complain about the items i spent my money on i would start spending my money on other items whether it be this hobby or one of my other hobbies.

The pics in particular with Vader carrying the Emperor and the crossed lightsabers with him in the background are great.

Awesome photos this page. I dont understand the complaints, for me it's a near toss up between the emperor and dark side Anakin for figure of the year.

I don’t have this figure with throne in hand yet. But having the regular briefly it would not be too high on my figure of the year list.

TLJ Luke is easily it for me when it comes to Star Wars. I’d potentially put TLJ Leia higher too. Yondu easily tops Emperor too. Can’t remember all the figures though for 2018. Would need to see a full list.

Back