Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly enough, I just found this image haha:

a4decc9d0d5afa0cedfa1af3b3036232.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, so this is an official poster and not fan made? :lol

I mean it?s cool they felt a HT figure looked real enough to use, but at the same time, it is comical they?re using a toy on an official movie poster.

Isn?t that the battlefront Emperor? Kinda the same thing as using the toy.

I?ve seen several pictures posted by different people that use the HT figure instead of the real actor or movie stills. HT Thanos got thrown in quite a bit. It?s hilarious when it happens and when I can spot it but normies can?t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When ever new characters were added to Battlefront 2 in the last year, all Youtubers reporting the news always seemed to use a HT figure as reference. Anakin, Obi Wan and Dooku, was it the first result on a Google image search?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wonder if Ian was even on set at all for the filming or if it'll just be CGI and his voice. So they didn't have anything to put on the poster.

Your photoshop skills are almost as good as mine. With a little work and patience you'll get there young Padawan. :lecture

Haha !! See I told you. Awesome work Michael !!

P.S the one thing I can't seem to unseen is that Rey in this poster looks like she's about to hit a cover drive....:lol

That's pretty embarrassing for an official poster...Disney must have clowns working for them...

This is the most embarrassing thing Disney has done yet. and disney has done a LOT of embarrassing stuff with Star Wars..Who is vetting this stuff? some graphic designer just pulled from google and thought it was the real guy? :slap:lol:lol:lol

P.S the one thing I can't seem to unseen is that Rey in this poster looks like she's about to hit a cover drive....[emoji38]
The Force was definitely flowing through Stokes on Sunday, and did he use a Jedi mind trick on the umpire to give no LBW when 2 runs were required?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

P.S the one thing I can't seem to unseen is that Rey in this poster looks like she's about to hit a cover drive....:lol

That might explain your ''Yes, it's in!'' line then.

As for the poster, mine was definitely centred better and the blending was a little more subtle/natural. However, like I said, the kid has potential.

This is the most embarrassing thing Disney has done yet. and disney has done a LOT of embarrassing stuff with Star Wars..Who is vetting this stuff? some graphic designer just pulled from google and thought it was the real guy? :slap:lol:lol:lol

Just see it as a tribute to how great and realistic these figures look.

That would be illegal? He can take pictures of the figure and use it for the poster though. The SOLO posters were a copy of some other artist's work. I wonder who approve these things, probably Lucusfilms. The majority of the fans probably won't care.

I wonder if the helmeted characters are also HTs and if the ships are Bandai models. Not that I am complaining, I find it kind of cool.

I only think it’s funny simply because I collect HT. I guarantee the average person who has no idea about HT figures wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, which is a testament to how realistic these things can look when photographed correctly and with the right lighting and effects.

Only collectors would know it’s the HT Emperor.

I only think it’s funny simply because I collect HT. I guarantee the average person who has no idea about HT figures wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, which is a testament to how realistic these things can look when photographed correctly and with the right lighting and effects.

Only collectors would know it’s the HT Emperor.

LFL should pay poster royalties to Hot Toys, and Hot Toys in turn should pay the royalties to Ed Harris.:lol

The liability obviously laid on the moron that in charge, who greenlighted this clown poster in the first place.

Yeah, despite the only people noticing being collectors, it still is campy that you used a toy as a stand in for an official movie poster. :lol

Given SW movies have long been basically toy ads, it is pretty ironic that they'd use an actual toy in an official SW poster and try to pass it off as something from the movie.:lol

I've seen comic artists use 1/6 figures as the basis for comic art, and movie poster artists rework known production photos for use in posters, but I don't recall ever hearing of a toy being passed off as a movie character before.

Everyone seems focused on the Ht Palps, but the other weird thing about the poster is the rest of it (Rey/Kylo duel) looks like a Disney animated movie poster.

At least this means your HT Emperor figure is 'poster accurate' now.

I can't believe they've done this but at the same time, I'm not surprised. The posters aren't designed by fans.
The designer probably found an image of the figure and thought it was Ian McDiarmid in costume.

It's getting picked up in a lot of places: https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-palpatine-poster-toy-movie-cartoon/

I really doubt it, the artist most likely used a photo of it as a reference when doing the painting. It's really not a big deal, but some people always have to blow it out of proportions

Back