Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the deluxe (still waiting) and I'm so torn whether to display him standing or sitting
Standing for sure..with the throne right behind them. One hand gripping the cane while the other using Force lightning.
lol - been requesting for weeks to see a pic of how that'll look. Guess I'll have to wait till I get it in hand to see😉

Yup. Emps is way shorter than he should be. Ian is 5’9” and Mark is 5’7”.
Yep, that's exactly what I was going to add in. I was surprised to find Ian McDiarmid was average height..always thought them to be on the short side of the Force. So maybe that's why HT did an idealized version of the Emperor..like with how they know Vader's height, but they make them taller.

Anyone notice how hilarious the Emperor intro scene is, with the background characters? Like how it goes from a seemingly endless supply of Scout troopers, then Imperial officers....back to wide shot, they're about to walk past the Scout troopers for the first time😂. It's crazy that I remember seeing that movie in '83 when I was 3..and god knows how many times since. Don't think I ever noticed it until recently.

And seriously, why does the Emperor need to look feeble, with the cane and all.. what's with the pretense? Like, hasn't word got around the Empire that the dude is a psychopathic magician like Vader?! Or maybe he seriously has a pinched sciatic nerve or something that the Force can't help him with..or the weather was acting up on the planet he just came from lol.

Anyone notice how hilarious the Emperor intro scene is, with the background characters? Like how it goes from a seemingly endless supply of Scout troopers, then Imperial officers....back to wide shot, they're about to walk past the Scout troopers for the first time[emoji23]. It's crazy that I remember seeing that movie in '83 when I was 3..and god knows how many times since. Don't think I ever noticed it until recently.

And seriously, why does the Emperor need to look feeble, with the cane and all.. what's with the pretense? Like, hasn't word got around the Empire that the dude is a psychopathic magician like Vader?! Or maybe he seriously has a pinched sciatic nerve or something that the Force can't help him with..or the weather was acting up on the planet he just came from lol.

What gets me about that scene is the VERY obvious “dummies” stuck on poles dressed up as troopers and officers....

Look at the background as the walk....its terrible!

Anyone notice how hilarious the Emperor intro scene is, with the background characters? Like how it goes from a seemingly endless supply of Scout troopers, then Imperial officers....back to wide shot, they're about to walk past the Scout troopers for the first time[emoji23]. It's crazy that I remember seeing that movie in '83 when I was 3..and god knows how many times since. Don't think I ever noticed it until recently.

Dooku must’ve told him about the feeble Yoda fake out and Palps thought “cool move”

Anyone notice how hilarious the Emperor intro scene is, with the background characters? Like how it goes from a seemingly endless supply of Scout troopers, then Imperial officers....back to wide shot, they're about to walk past the Scout troopers for the first time��. It's crazy that I remember seeing that movie in '83 when I was 3..and god knows how many times since. Don't think I ever noticed it until recently.

If you watch right as the Emperor's guards are taking their places just before the Emperor comes down the ramp, you can see Imperials in those blue uniforms way in the background all adjusting their helmets, moving and talking when everyone else is standing still. It's like they used footage from before the director yelled "action."

But yeah, the difference between the matte painting that shows like 2000+ people and the filmed stuff which has maybe 200 is pretty funny.

The funniest thing is how all the human imperials are lined up to greet Palps, but then so are all the Imperial R2 units - all in a nice rows just like the humans. Like they got the "everyone out at 7am to greet the emperor" office memo too.:lol

That definitely explains why the proportions seem a bit off on the figure (and also why his feet don't touch the floor while seated). It needed to be taller and leaner.

Will adding pegs help make him taller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which pegs do you recommend? I'm too new to collecting to know which ones (and where) to buy.
If you're in the US (Onesixthkit is in Hong Kong), search "1/6 long foot pegs" on eBay. You can get a pair for $6.95 shipped. Or if not in the States, still might be cheaper to get them on eBay; but not sure how much they cost with shipping on Onesixthkit.

If you're in the US (Onesixthkit is in Hong Kong), search "1/6 long foot pegs" on eBay. You can get a pair for $6.95 shipped. Or if not in the States, still might be cheaper to get them on eBay; but not sure how much they cost with shipping on Onesixthkit.

I'm in north Idaho, around the Coeur d'Alene area. I'll check on eBay. Hoping the Emperor ships sometime in November. Got other stuff coming in December I'd hate to cancel.

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated.

I thought shipping was included in the price?
That kit is $21 and has 8 sets of pegs and more extenders. It's a far better deal.

Back