Hot Toys ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, I think it's safe to say that ROTJ Vader is coming, but neither Vader nor the Emperor are shown off heavily as they'd be if HT were ready to show them off. I would take this as a declaration of ROTJ Vader coming, but not use it to start critiquing the figure quality, these are Luke figure images with a Vader present.

Relating to movies, ESB is where I feel Vader was at his "peak" - Lurking everywhere and menacing his underlings with random "apology accepted" choke-outs. That plus his showdown with Luke being epic... Definitely my favorite invocation of the character. ROTJ is the only movie he doesn't record a kill and he presents as aging. While he looks great and shiny, he seems to have gotten old in a matter of one movie (3 years?)

That being said, I'll probably buy a ROTJ too!

The Emperor begs to differ.

All the Vader look almost identical to my eyes (with the exception of the chest controls).....the purists will be happy. I think most people would struggle with seeing the other differences enough to buy 3-6 Vaders...

Was nice to see those pics showing the differences.....

I also hope they do the Shaw portrait like the movie and not a concept expression like Sideshow went with. I never liked that Sideshow chose to give a Shaw portrait but looking serious as if you removed the mask during a scene prior to his redemption, the appeal for me of the Anakin reveal is those brief moments we see him in the movie, I want collectibles that remind me of that.

latest

It would be nice if for once they stopped with the fan-service of "angry old Anakin" and gave us a "meek old man" under the imposing suit. That was the whole point. He's really nothing but a little wizened man under there.

It would be nice if for once they stopped with the fan-service of "angry old Anakin" and gave us a "meek old man" under the imposing suit. That was the whole point. He's really nothing but a little wizened man under there.

Aka Humpty Dumpty

Hasbro's Talking Vader figure was the closest to a faithful representation, that and the first 3 3/4" figure with the reveal, subsequent figures have gone the more serious route.

Even Sideshow's bust went stern.

217848.jpg

Exactly, I think it's safe to say that ROTJ Vader is coming, but neither Vader nor the Emperor are shown off heavily as they'd be if HT were ready to show them off. I would take this as a declaration of ROTJ Vader coming, but not use it to start critiquing the figure quality, these are Luke figure images with a Vader present.

Last year when Sideshow previewed the Resistance Rey, Luke was sparingly shown with her, and then revealed shortly thereafter. So it's possible HT could be ready to show off Palps and Vader! *fingers crossed*

Last year when Sideshow previewed the Resistance Rey, Luke was sparingly shown with her, and then revealed shortly thereafter. So it's possible HT could be ready to show off Palps and Vader! *fingers crossed*

Oh I'm not saying we won't get them soon, I just meant that the photos of Luke are just meant to build up the display options collectors could have ultimately, but that Vader and the Emperor are used in a "scene" filler capacity, and until we get actual product pics focused on each of them, it's not worth worrying too much about what may be off and such, because those things might be resolved between now and when the individual figures are revealed.

I wonder how they will make the eventual ESB Vader marketable with a very similar look and without the unhelmeted sculpt?

They could throw in the chamber he's in with the exposed back of the head. That'd be the only way I'd buy an ESB Vader. I'm only buying the RotJ one if he comes with the reveal head. I hope he has parts for Luke to pull the mask off. Maybe he'll come with gloved black hands for Luke so he can actually do that instead of having to use a fist to post that display as the RotJ Luke currently has.

HT are masters of getting people to buy the same thing again, they'll find a way to make an ESB Vader still appealing with a ROTJ Vader out.

I wonder how they will make the eventual ESB Vader marketable with a very similar look and without the unhelmeted sculpt?
Probably by making smaller runs of him like they did with RO. Limiting the supply will guarantee someone always wants a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

R1 has one of my favorite Vader scenes, no reason for me to get rid of that for another. If anything I'd want an ESB with some sort of dio.

It's clearly just a placeholder and ppl are freaking out like they not knew there will be RoTJ Vader eventually sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT are masters of getting people to buy the same thing again, they'll find a way to make an ESB Vader still appealing with a ROTJ Vader out.

Plus by giving him an extended cloud city 'I am your father' base.

The base is a no brainer. I'm calling it now you'll see this:

maxresdefault.jpg

displayed with him but it'll never get made past for Howard and it'll get everyone into a frenzy. You'll see it follow the lines of the Millennium Falcon cockpit and people will get all nuts, even an Imperial Officer will be released and people will be sure it means it's coming without a doubt and it never will. By that time though all the Vaders will have been gone and HT won't care.

The base is a no brainer. I'm calling it now you'll see this
displayed with him but it'll never get made past for Howard and it'll get everyone into a frenzy. You'll see it follow the lines of the Millennium Falcon cockpit and people will get all nuts, even an Imperial Officer will be released and people will be sure it means it's coming without a doubt and it never will. By that time though all the Vaders will have been gone and HT won't care.

:lecture
But then JazzInc will make a spectacular one...

Hmm, general Veers. I would like to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand he's working on a 1/6th Executor Super Stardestroyer so Vader can stand on the bridge.

It's going to be about two miles long. Might fit on top of like 3,000 detolfs.

Back