Hot Toys Rorshach actually happening?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the other pics there is Comedian poster too, so there are some older figures up.

Yeah, I can also see an Inglourious Basterds Aldo Raine one... so maybe it's just posters from a bunch of licenses, without automatically meaning we'll see something new... :dunno

Not having bought the other two Watchmen figures I wouldn't really have an interest in a Hot Toys Rorschach either. I think the DCD version turned out pretty well considering how their 13-inch figures usually fare. And with that one being readily available for $20-30 online it's hard to justify paying $150-200 for the Hot Toys version. I guess it would depend on whether they threw in an unmasked head and how closely it resembled Jackie Earle Haley.

There are a ton of older figures around, I would imagine its just a poorly chosen poster on HT's part.

These posters looks like they are newly printed together. Had they wanted to show their current watchman line, they'd go with the comedian's smiley, instead of rorshach's mask pattern.

My spidey sense tells me that Rorshach is around the corner.

Would they? They never got clearance to use the Smiley. Not to mention that is from the cards from the Prison not his mask so maybe we are getting a Dr. William Long DX!!!

Picture1.png

Would they? They never got clearance to use the Smiley. Not to mention that is from the cards from the Prison not his mask so maybe we are getting a Dr. William Long DX!!!

Picture1.png

One can only hope!!!!!:yess::pray:

I figured when they refused to fix the Comedian it was a sign that their interest in Watchmen was dead and long buried. The suit was literally rotting off the body. I made most of what I spent on it parting it out. Then I sold Silk Spectre because she looked out of sorts by herself. I just can't imagine them returning to the line after leaving people with a rotting figure. I think they want to keep it buried. If they released a Rorschach there would be some people looking for the other figures and find rotting Comedian waiting for them.

I figured when they refused to fix the Comedian it was a sign that their interest in Watchmen was dead and long buried. The suit was literally rotting off the body. I made most of what I spent on it parting it out. Then I sold Silk Spectre because she looked out of sorts by herself. I just can't imagine them returning to the line after leaving people with a rotting figure. I think they want to keep it buried. If they released a Rorschach there would be some people looking for the other figures and find rotting Comedian waiting for them.

They don't care. Not enough people have made a stink about it let alone boycott them enough to even care. Every time you read some Freak saying, "That sucks, I'm not buying!" you can find them in another thread praising another HT product they're ordering. :lol

It's risky to release him now, but the low sells for the Watchmen figures are their own fault. Silk was highly criticized as being pretty bad if I recall and Comedian's awful rubber problems mean that now in days he really has no demand. I see him go for little to nothing on Ebay and I turn away, because no matter how great it is I don't want a hairy old man in a rubber suit that looks like it got hit by the radiated water from the first Robocop movie.

There is also the issue of popularity. Personally, I loved the Comedian so had I been a Hot Toys guy when he came out, I would have jumped for him immediately. But Rorshach is the main character. He's the most interesting character and it's him that you focus on throughout. Nightowl is also one of the central characters. He's the more human one that the readers and viewers can compare with. That's why he's partnered with Rorshach.

Releasing the two when the license was hot would have been the smart thing to do. I have no idea what they were thinking and it more or less cost them the entire license.

I hope Rorshach does come out. Tomodachi shows me that they can do something awesome with his mask. He'd also come with some interesting accessories and 1/6 trench coats are always appreciated :D

Honestly if they released a Rorschach right now even with everything being released it'd sell out no problem. Unlike Ozy or Nite Owl II where people would be hesitant to jump for it without the rest on the lot, there are so many collectors who will happily go one and done with this that it'd be an easy seller even so far removed from the film especially since the design is so close to the books. That being said, I highly doubt it is anywhere near being announced.

Back